Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Can confirm that Enrollment on Arrival is available at ORD, apparently it reopened on Sunday.
84fiero likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:20 am

I just spoke to a gentleman at the LAX Global Entry EC and he told me that they are not processing Enrollment on Arrival at LAX during the shutdown.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:53 am

Got an email out of the blue touting enrollment on arrival addressed to my son (have conditional approval, pending an interview we cant schedule, so maybe they sent out to all conditional approvals?) yesterday listing all the locations for EOA and how to do it (approach CBP officer, etc etc)... said nothing about the shutdown... but, as per my experience at BWI last week and some other reports, seems EOA not really available now.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by levilevi
Got an email out of the blue touting enrollment on arrival addressed to my son (have conditional approval, pending an interview we cant schedule, so maybe they sent out to all conditional approvals?) yesterday listing all the locations for EOA and how to do it (approach CBP officer, etc etc)... said nothing about the shutdown... but, as per my experience at BWI last week and some other reports, seems EOA not really available now.
They send this out every two weeks to me. My stupidity to put off the interview and now I am paying for it with multiple upcoming international flights. Hoping to do the arrival interview at EWR next week, but not looking good.

Of course, none of this would've happened if I had gotten an email warning about upcoming expiration!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by alexj7
They send this out every two weeks to me. My stupidity to put off the interview and now I am paying for it with multiple upcoming international flights. Hoping to do the arrival interview at EWR next week, but not looking good.

Of course, none of this would've happened if I had gotten an email warning about upcoming expiration!
Since you applied for your renewal before expiration date, you have up to six months from expiration date to complete the process.

Next time mark your calendar to renew at T-364.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:36 am

Data point, entered ATL on January 21st. GE Enrollment on Arrival was available.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:47 pm

Confirmed not available to do arrival interview at EWR. Cost me nearly an hour. I have another trip back into JFK in a couple weeks, will try there next.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by dakaix
Can confirm that Enrollment on Arrival is available at ORD, apparently it reopened on Sunday.
I see on the CBP page that at ORD, booth 58 is the place to go. I hate to ask a dumb question, but is there any signage or a marked lane for getting to that booth? Or did you have to ask someone to let you proceed to that specific booth for Interview on Arrival, while you were in the regular queue? I'm pretty familiar with T5 arrivals but in the past wasn't specifically looking for Interview on Arrival when passing through.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 84fiero
I see on the CBP page that at ORD, booth 58 is the place to go. I hate to ask a dumb question, but is there any signage or a marked lane for getting to that booth? Or did you have to ask someone to let you proceed to that specific booth for Interview on Arrival, while you were in the regular queue? I'm pretty familiar with T5 arrivals but in the past wasn't specifically looking for Interview on Arrival when passing through.
The booths are numbered and some are labeled at times, and 58 sounds like the lane that is for or very close to the lane most commonly used for MPC. For MPC there is a pass line in the middle between the lanes for say visa holders and the lanes for APC users, although more times than not most of the booths aren’t open. I would go into the MPC line and then cut over to 58 (if it’s open) or tell the contractors while standing waiting to be directed to a particular booth.

FWIW, MPC receipts can be processed at ORD T5 even by non-MPC-designated booths. They will then hand you a MPC rectangular card to show at the customs exit — and those cards can be a minor issue — when they want receipts to exit the baggage area and customs.

In your kind of situation, I would set myself up for MPC use on the 55-58 booth area and then ask to do enrollment on arrival and see what they suggest. Note that the published hours for enrollment on arrival at ORD haven’t been all that great and that even MPC booth is often not staffed — but MPC still works even at times when enrollment on arrival didn’t.

Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC, MileagePlus
Greetings!

Does anyone know anything about Enrolment on Arrival at BWI? I will be flying from LHR there in 2 weeks and just wanted to know if there's a specific booth(s) or procedure I need to follow to get this one.

Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:53 pm

Just got conditional approval today after a long wait. I am currently in Sweden and will be returning through ORD on Friday at 6:10 PM. Will I be able to do the Enrollment on Arrival even though I land at 6:10 PM? Looking at the open on arrival locations site it appears that ORD has the following hours.

8:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Enrollment on Arrival available at Booth 58 if returning from foreign.

Seems strange to me as I would think that most Foreign arrivals would be coming in later in the day and the hours seem a little weird.

Thanks for any incite or previous experience that anyone else can provide!
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:34 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
From the Global Entry - processing timelines of initial applications thread:

Originally Posted by elc2414
Did Enrollment on Entry today at LAX. Process was quick and easy. My wife and I were the only two people in the dedicated Enrollment on Entry line. Took about 10 minutes to process both of us.

Pleasant surprise was that the CBP officer said that since both our birthdays had just passed, we have right at 6 years before expiration instead of 5.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by xhemp
Greetings!

Does anyone know anything about Enrolment on Arrival at BWI? I will be flying from LHR there in 2 weeks and just wanted to know if there's a specific booth(s) or procedure I need to follow to get this one.

Thanks!
check the BWI page on the EOA page on the CBP website for info on location and hours.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: BAEC, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
check the BWI page on the EOA page on the CBP website for info on location and hours.
​​​​​​Thanks but that's the first thing I've done. I was looking for more information like if there's a specific booth or room or if I should just go in and tell the CBP officer I want to go for EoA and he will redirect me accordingly.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 9:08 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
From the Global Entry - processing timelines of initial applications thread:

Originally Posted by breiec
Was able to do global entry interview on arivval at ORD even though I arrived around 6 on a Friday. Hours on site say say something like 8:30 - 3:30.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.