Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:30 am

So, after several changes in travel plans due to flight delays, my wife did her interview on arrival at EWR. Maybe a 10 minute line (at 5pm) and the interview itself only took about 5 minutes. She's a non-citizen, so I was concerned things might be a little more complicated, but no problems (except for the other folks in line that saw her passport and told her she was in the wrong place...) She did have an appointment scheduled for a couple days later, just in case, but looks like they cancelled that upon approval.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:27 am

Chicago on Sunday?

Does anyone know if ORD offers enrollment on entry on Sundays? I found anlink that said only Monada through Friday, but I can get an interview on Sunday. Not sure if that includes on arrival.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by gjhines
Does anyone know if ORD offers enrollment on entry on Sundays? I found anlink that said only Monada through Friday, but I can get an interview on Sunday. Not sure if that includes on arrival.
To my surprise, they are only open M-F 8:15 am to 3:30 pm. You can try, in case website is incorrect.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...tions/illinois
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:50 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by gjhines
A link to the CBP web page listing all enrollment on arrival locations and their opening hours is located in the wikipost at the top of every page of this thread.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:51 am

Any experience with completing GE enrollment on arrival at JFK T4? I will be arriving around 5 AM on a Sunday (site says 24 hours) with Delta.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:23 am

Enrollment on Arrival experience?

Hello!
My two kids (17 and 21) have conditional approvals (I already have GE) and we will be returning to PDX via IAH from Mexico in mid-August.
We received an email from CBP about Enrollment on Arrival, and the way I understand it, the interview for both my kids can happen as we go through Customs at IAH, with only their passports. Is this correct? Does it take extra time? If we have a 2.5 hour layover, will that be sufficient for both kids to have their interviews? Will I be with them during the process, or will they go to interview rooms? Also, we have Mobile Passport. Can we use that and still get the Enrollment on Arrival interviews?
Sorry for so many questions. The current scheduled interviews at PDX are now into January 2019, so if we can do it at IAH, that would be great.

Thanks!
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:29 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello @tandrsmom,

I moved your question to the relevant thread where members have shared their Enrollment on Arrival experiences.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tandrsmom
Hello!
My two kids (17 and 21) have conditional approvals (I already have GE) and we will be returning to PDX via IAH from Mexico in mid-August.
We received an email from CBP about Enrollment on Arrival, and the way I understand it, the interview for both my kids can happen as we go through Customs at IAH, with only their passports. Is this correct? Does it take extra time? If we have a 2.5 hour layover, will that be sufficient for both kids to have their interviews? Will I be with them during the process, or will they go to interview rooms? Also, we have Mobile Passport. Can we use that and still get the Enrollment on Arrival interviews?
Sorry for so many questions. The current scheduled interviews at PDX are now into January 2019, so if we can do it at IAH, that would be great.

Thanks!
All of you will go through the global entry line, you will just do the regular global entry, and they will do the interview in the same place, next to you. They should not use mobile entry if they want to be interviewed.

2.5 hours might be enough or might not. It really depends on how many people are in line for an interview. Each interview takes about 10-15 minutes.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: Marco Polo, BA Executive club, SPG, Hyatt,
Originally Posted by tandrsmom
Hello!

Thanks!
They will likely go to the Crew/next to crew clearance when they do their interviews.

However 2.5 hours may or may not be enough, depending on the hour of the day and how many people are waiting. My example is that I arrived on an international flight early, and there are two people in front of me. The actual interview took just 10 minutes as some back-and-forth questioning and typing by the CBP officer. The waiting period is approximately an hour though in my case before I get interviewed.

So if you have 3-5 people in front of you, you won't make the connection
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by blue_can
Has anyone on here done this at SAN and if so any experiences to share? I applied for GE on June 24th but like a lot of people my application is still pending. I'm travelling in mid- July and will be returning at the beginning of Aug and was wondering whether it would be an easy process to do this at SAN if conditional approval has been granted by then.
OK so I got this done at SAN yesterday om arrival from LHR. My conditional approval arrived while I was away so this made it a good candidate for the interview on arrival.

One thing that was slight confusing is that the international arrivals at SAN appears to have undergone some recent changes and now you have to claim your checked bags first before going to immigration. There were several GE machines in operation but no APC kiosks. All travelers had to see an officer in a booth who took a photo and then verify briefly asked the question about what was being brought in such as food items etc. This processing was extremely quick. Not sure if this is now the way passengers will be processed at SAN.

At the end of this I requested GE on arrival. It took a while to find an officer to setup the process. Once that as done however the interview simply consisted of taking the photo, fingerprints, verifying my information by asking me to confirm some of my application details and then going over how to use GE. Most of the interview was showing me how to use GE. Very quick and painless. Once I got home I had a email waiting confirming I was now approved. Apparently I should receive the GE card within the next few days.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:47 pm

Received this email today from CBP. Doesn't help me at this point but it might help others.

Dear Global Entry Applicant,

In lieu of scheduling an appointment at a Global Entry Enrollment Center, you have the unique opportunity to interview for Global Entry when you return from your next international trip at one of several international airports in the United States and Canada. Enrollment on Arrival is ONLY available if you are arriving from an international trip and will be completed during the arrival process.What is Enrollment on Arrival? With Enrollment on Arrival, Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved can complete their interviews, the last step of the Global Entry process, while they are clearing through United States Customs and Border Protection or Preclearance. This options is now available at:
  • Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
  • Baltimore/Washington International Airport (MWI)
  • Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BUF)
  • Calgary International Airport (YYC)
  • Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT)
  • Chicago Midway Airport (MDW)
  • Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
  • Denver International Airport (DEN)
  • Detroit Metropolitan International Airport (DTW)
  • Edmonton International Airport (YEG)
  • Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
  • George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) in Houston
  • Halifax International Airport (YHZ)
  • Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
  • Honolulu International Airport (HNL)
  • John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York (JFK)
  • John Wayne International Airport (SNA) in Orange County, CA
  • Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
  • Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK)
  • McCarren International Airport (LAS) in Las Vegas
  • Miami International Airport (MIA)
  • Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport (MSP)
  • Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
  • Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC)
  • O’Hare International Airport (ORD) in Chicago
  • Orlando International Airport (MCO)
  • Ottawa International Airport (YOW)
  • Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
  • Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
  • Portland International Airport (PDX)
  • Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC)
  • San Antonio International Airport (SAT)
  • San Diego International Airport (SAN)
  • San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
  • Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
  • Tampa International Airport (TPA)
  • Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (ANC)
  • Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
  • Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
  • William P. Hobby Airport (HOU)
  • Winnipeg James Armstrong international Airport (YWG)
A list of participating airports can be located on the CBP.gov website. Check the website for updated participating airports. https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-arrivalWhat do I do when I land in the international terminal? Follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. You won't need any additional documents other than the requisite documents for international travel (e.g., your passport).If you would like to save time and effort, then join thousands of other Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved and participate in Enrollment on Arrival.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
I too just received the e-mail pasted just above. I had/have applied for renewal and received Conditional Approval just under two weeks ago. I assume that that is what triggered the e-mail to me now, since I had heretofore been unaware of this program (or this thread!)

Anyhow, I have been trying to stick to the letter of any and all instructions, and at least one thing I read was that, having been conditionally approved, I should make an appointment within 30 days. I understand that the interview does not have to be within 30 days, but that I should make the appointment by then. So I made an appointment, before an upcoming domestic trip later this month.

This arrival program sounds better, however. My next international re-entry is in October. My question is: If I cancel my current scheduled interview and wait until October to take this unscheduled "unique opportunity," is there any chance that I will have messed myself up in the system? In short, have any of the rest of you canceled out a scheduled interview to take advantage of this?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
This arrival program sounds better, however. My next international re-entry is in October. My question is: If I cancel my current scheduled interview and wait until October to take this unscheduled "unique opportunity," is there any chance that I will have messed myself up in the system? In short, have any of the rest of you canceled out a scheduled interview to take advantage of this?
Don't cancel the appointment. Reschedule it after your anticipated date of return. If you complete your enrollment on arrival before your new appointment, it will be automatically canceled upon the final approval of your GE application.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by TWA884
Don't cancel the appointment. Reschedule it after your anticipated date of return. If you complete your enrollment on arrival before your new appointment, it will be automatically canceled upon the final approval of your GE application.
Ah, just the solution I was looking for ... thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ
Everyone to my understanding, but you would have to fly into the US. Preclearance is not yet available in the UK, and I don't think Enrollment on Arrival is available at DUB or SNN Preclearance.
...and in case anyone is getting their hopes up, there are no plans to implement preclearance in the UK.
OSSYULYYZ likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.