Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2022, 9:08 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
From the "Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK citizens" thread:
Originally Posted by Redmongoose
Data Point: Arrived JFK approx 14:00.
Was one of the first into the empty immigration hall. Asked for EoA, told by the queue managers to tell immigration officer in the booth. He cleared me for immigration and then tilde me to take a seat in the baggage hall. They then cleared the entire flight through immigration before the same very friendly and helpful officer did my interview at the booth.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 8:41 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another datapoint from the "Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK Citizens" thread:
Originally Posted by mzb00
And another DP from JFK T8 (AA), from approx 2 weeks ago. Arrival around 19:45.
First went to immigration booth 1 (as I thought I understood the instructions), which is used for Diplomats. Was asked to queue in the Visitors line, clear immigration and the officer directed me to line 1 in the Customs area. There was an officer waiting, was processed very quickly in around 10 minutes. Very efficient.
Email confirmation arrived in my inbox 2-3 hrs later. TSA Pre was not active yet for my following morning flight, but worked well a few days later.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 9:40 am

Datapoint from the Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK Citizens thread:
Originally Posted by ifearn0thing
New application data point: Arrived into ORD at ~13:00 a few weeks back (13th October) and after proceeding with immigration, asked where I needed to go for EoA. Once cleared, you immediately turn left after the booth and walk straight and it won't be too long before you see a small sign indicating is where you queue. I had six people in front of me with two officers conducting the interviews and it took roughly 40 minutes to get seen before an officer called me up - straightforward enough, asked a few questions, took my picture and asked for my passport. By the time she'd said I was good to go and turned to leave, the queue was about 15-20 people long; this seems to be one of the busiest periods of arrivals for the airport so would suggest being brisk off the plane if you arrive in the early afternoon and intend to do your interview here.

Unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones and after two weeks, started attempting to chase up via phone. To save anyone else time in case you also need to chase up, you'll have the best luck phoning (312) 542-5700 (I did it something during the morning in CST), going for option 0 and then asking to be transferred to supervisor Coble. I was redirected and they asked for name, PASS ID. some verification questions to ensure it was me and a phone number to follow up on. I received an e-mail the next day saying that my application status had changed and I'd been approved. Phoning the number provided for O'Hare at here was fruitless and the one time I'd gotten an answer, she hung up after I asked if I could get any assistance regarding my interview. Perhaps it was the accent
Old Nov 6, 2022, 5:03 pm

Just to say thanks to those who helped me with understanding where to go. I did it at MIA - there you go to the Normal non resident desk and deal with immigration first. Then they take you to a waiting room (prior to letting you go to baggage reclaim) for the interview. There was a long queue (although not terrible) before I was seen. By time I got to baggage reclaim I had to go see lost luggage as they didn't understand why I hadn't come through and had taken my luggage away. So maybe one to do when flying cabin Bag only. But a success.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 5:43 pm

guys - the wiki didn't show this. Does JFK terminal 5 have interview availability on arrival and is it likely to be open on thanksgivig day when I'm arriving in the afternoon? Thanks
Old Nov 14, 2022, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by sam007
guys - the wiki didn't show this. Does JFK terminal 5 have interview availability on arrival and is it likely to be open on thanksgivig day when I'm arriving in the afternoon? Thanks
The Global Entry website (where I would have checked before the wiki) says that they do. Someone else will have to comment on Thanksgiving. But it doesn't show any exclusions on the website.

Enrollment on Arrival | U.S. Customs and Border Protection (cbp.gov)
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: BAEC
Finally got my interview done arriving at T7 at JFK. Only one flight (BA175) so immigration was fairly quick. Just went through normal foreigner immigration and asked what to do and he said I should wait over by the flag just after lane 20 or so. Said they’d do interviews after they had processed everyone which took about 50 minutes. Actual “interview” was just to confirm my address and why I was travelling. I’ve been pre-approved for a year now but either no one was available to do interviews or my connection was too tight to wait around.

Guy said I’d get an email and then a card in 2-5 weeks which is not true as they don’t send cards to foreigners. Hopefully I get the KTN soon as I have US domestic trips the next two weekends around thanksgiving. Looking forward to not having to take off my shoes!
Old Nov 16, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by RichieMc
Guy said I’d get an email and then a card in 2-5 weeks which is not true as they don’t send cards to foreigners. Hopefully I get the KTN soon as I have US domestic trips the next two weekends around thanksgiving. Looking forward to not having to take off my shoes!
Be sure to logon to the TTP portal to verify the status of your application. Sometimes, emails don't show up.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by mnbp
Be sure to logon to the TTP portal to verify the status of your application. Sometimes, emails don't show up.
Yeah got the email overnight saying my status had changed. However, the Authenticator I use to get into the account (UK post office Verify) seems to have been discontinued!!! So I’m locked out. Only solution is to delete your account, which takes 24 hours, and use a different method of 2-factor authentication. As far as I understand, all the date - like my GE status - should still be there. Kind of a pain.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by RichieMc
Yeah got the email overnight saying my status had changed. However, the Authenticator I use to get into the account (UK post office Verify) seems to have been discontinued!!! So I’m locked out. Only solution is to delete your account, which takes 24 hours, and use a different method of 2-factor authentication. As far as I understand, all the date - like my GE status - should still be there. Kind of a pain.
Maybe see if a different authenticator app will work before you delete your account? I use Google authenticator.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by blue_can
Maybe see if a different authenticator app will work before you delete your account? I use Google authenticator.
Yeah thought about that but wasn’t possible. Only way to add a new authentication method is to log in to your account. Went ahead and deleted it. Created a new account with same email and passport number and everything’s as still there. Phew!!
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 8:03 am

Worth considering setting up and saving the OTP backup codes, which would allow one back into their account to then change the authenticator app.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by SimonAB
Worth considering setting up and saving the OTP backup codes, which would allow one back into their account to then change the authenticator app.
Yeah, I’ve gone for the belt and braces approach and got text message verification as well as a new authenticator app.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
LAX tonight. Landed and got to immigration and processed thru global entry kiosk by 830pm. Asked how to do enrollment interview. They noted it closes at 9 and sent me to a marked line by baggage 1. Got in line (third)... at 845 agent starts telling us interviews end at 9, we can wait but it may be in vain. 850, she closes the entry point. Tells us again it ends at 9. I wait. Just after 9 I am up. Asked me questions that were kind of the same as the online app. Photo. Prints. Said 24-48 hours for prints to clear. Looked like she actually let all in line get done, but several had left after her warnings. **UPDATE: I had an email within two hours of my interview saying changed status, just checked it this morning and I'm approved for a renewal.

As an aside, I advise to show up with the required info needed... passport, global trusted traveler I'd #, license or other proof of address. The people in front of me didn't have stuff ready and she let them look up online banking and other things to show address which wasted a lot of time.

If they are going to force people to use enrollment on arrival they need to recognize when big banks of international flights tend to land at LAX. I was lucky my flight landed an hour early.

Last edited by abaheti; Nov 25, 2022 at 8:39 am
Old Dec 6, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, LH Senator, A3 Gold
IAD

Anyone used EoA at Dulles (IAD) recently? It seems like the separate stand for it was closed when I was at Dulles last time in November 2022 (after it was supposed to reopen according to the website). Was curious if anyone had experience doing it and if maybe the process just works differently?

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.