Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2022, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Last time I came through JFK, tried to do EoA, but CBP guy said that there was no one there to do it. Said I could wait but had no idea if it would be 5 minutes or 5 hours. Suggested I could go landslide to T4 enrolment center. Ended up not having time. I’m flying back to Europe today with a few hours layover in JFK. So my question is whether I can try to do a drop in today even if I’m not exactly arriving. Any experience? Is it worth trying my luck or no way in hell?
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:05 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by RichieMc
Last time I came through JFK, tried to do EoA, but CBP guy said that there was no one there to do it. Said I could wait but had no idea if it would be 5 minutes or 5 hours. Suggested I could go landslide to T4 enrolment center. Ended up not having time. I’m flying back to Europe today with a few hours layover in JFK. So my question is whether I can try to do a drop in today even if I’m not exactly arriving. Any experience? Is it worth trying my luck or no way in hell?
Please refer to the following thread:
Old Sep 22, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TWA884
Please refer to the following thread:
Great. Thanks.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 10:43 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold
I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but U.S. government websites are so obtuse and I don't trust travel blogs. Even the times of the office hours have varied insanely between websites.

I am. U.S. citizen residing in Japan. I have been "Conditionally Approved" for Global Entry.

I'm arriving from NRT to HNL on a flight in a few days. Am I correct in understanding I can do Enrollment on Arrival? Because the only available appointments in Hawaii are for May next year and there are none in LAX (where I am from) nor SFO (where my parents live). I also don't know my life plans ~8 mo from now...

I arrive around 8am, so the office should be open, according to the government websites. However, the hours vary. This CPB site says they open at 6am but this CPB site says they open at 8am. (Some stupid travel blog says the only operate 6-8am and 12-3pm, but like I said — I don't trust bloggers. Still has me worried.) If I can enroll, where is the office?

I have a connecting flight at noon. I assume this would be enough time if I can do enrollment on arrival?

Finally, I see I need documents with proof of my address. Problem is, I live in Japan — so all of my IDs, utility bills, rental lease etc. has my address in Japanese. I can show them at least 10 documents with that address, but would that be accepted? Anyone been through something similar? The application wouldn't accept my address written in Japanese, so I had to write the English version.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:35 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cczzll
However, the hours vary. This CPB site says they open at 6am but this CPB site says they open at 8am. (Some stupid travel blog says the only operate 6-8am and 12-3pm, but like I said — I don't trust bloggers. Still has me worried.) If I can enroll, where is the office?
The first link is for the Honolulu Enrollment Center, the office where applicants schedule enrollment interviews. The second is for Enrollment on Arrival, for interviews taking place at passport controls when arriving in the US from abroad.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:45 pm

The first link is for the Honolulu Enrollment Center, the office where applicants schedule enrollment interviews. The second is for Enrollment on Arrival, for interviews taking place at passport controls when arriving in the US from abroad.
OK, so if that one opens at 8am and I have pre-approval, I can have my interview upon arrival in HNL from Japan later this week without an appointment?

Can you perhaps answer my questions about the documents? I'm worried about them not being in English, but there's no way I can have these documents reissued in English because that's not how things work here...
Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by cczzll
OK, so if that one opens at 8am and I have pre-approval, I can have my interview upon arrival in HNL from Japan later this week without an appointment?
Correct. From the wiki post: "Enrollment on Arrival... allow[s] Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process."

And I would not be too worried about the Japanese language documents. If you are really concerned, get a notarized translation of a couple of them.
cczzll likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 6:07 am

Correct. From the wiki post: "Enrollment on Arrival... allowGlobal Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process."

And I would not be too worried about the Japanese language documents. If you are really concerned, get a notarized translation of a couple of them.
Great, thanks. I just wanted to be 200% sure. You never know with the government. I like to make sure all my T's are crossed, and all that.

I probably don't have time to visit a notary, but I'll keep digging around the house to see if anything with an English address pops up. Unfortunately, mail packaging gets thrown away fast in our household.

Appreciate it!
Old Oct 14, 2022, 11:52 am

Tuesday, 10/11, at about 3 pm -- GE on arrival in terminal C took about 10 minutes for my conditionally approved travel companion. The only challenge was finding the guy handling this -- it was upstairs along the far wall, before you go downstairs to get your bags. So if you are doing this, ask someone upstairs to point you in the right direction.

(As for me, I was sent to secondary because I marked that I had something to declare. The officer laughed me off when I asked where to go to pay the duty on my two extra bottles of wine.)
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 12:40 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by whitearrow
Tuesday, 10/11, at about 3 pm -- GE on arrival in terminal C took about 10 minutes for my conditionally approved travel companion. The only challenge was finding the guy handling this -- it was upstairs along the far wall, before you go downstairs to get your bags. So if you are doing this, ask someone upstairs to point you in the right direction.

(As for me, I was sent to secondary because I marked that I had something to declare. The officer laughed me off when I asked where to go to pay the duty on my two extra bottles of wine.)
which airport?
TWA884 and alex67500 like this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 11:40 am

Where do you actually go

Quick question - which may be stupid. When doing enrollment on arrival as a foreign national do you follow signs to global entry or do you go to the non US person and non resident queue?
Old Oct 21, 2022, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Covidlife
Quick question - which may be stupid. When doing enrollment on arrival as a foreign national do you follow signs to global entry or do you go to the non US person and non resident queue?
Ask the first Customs official you see what you need to do at that particular port of entry. The procedure seems to vary so there is no single correct answer.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 9:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Covidlife
Click on the state and airport in the following to see where it suggests you should go to do the EOA process on arrival:

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-arrival

And then you can ask on arrival, either to the airport contractors who are trying to guide people to the right area or the CBP employees doing the processing of arriving passengers.

At EWR and ORD, conditionally-approved visiting foreign nationals have been able to do the EOA process initial interview in the same way as US citizens doing EOA.

At some airports, the EOA process has been around the baggage claim area after being initially processed for entry; and in such cases, then it would be processing like a foreign national and asking the CBP employee where to do the EOA process and then have them direct you on where to go.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 10:03 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by seawolf
which airport?
EWR C, as it's not MCI.

Originally Posted by whitearrow
EWR, right?
Old Oct 24, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
I am planning to complete my GE application with EOA at ORD next week. UK resident and passport holder.

My question is related to documents proving residency. Do the documents need to be dated within a certain period (3 months for example)? My mortgage statement is dated last January. I have some bills dated more recently (June) but nothing within the last couple of months with my name on it. My photo drivers license does have my address on it. All my bank statements are online now.. I could print one off but not sure if that would be acceptable?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.