Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:06 pm
tsz

Just adding my data point - painless process at JFK terminal 8. Arrived around 3 pm from Doha on a QR flight and was directed to “station 1” after claiming baggages. The area was empty except for a random CBP officer standing within the vicinity. We asked her about enrollment on arrival and she told us to follow her. Thee were no private rooms or anything but she completed our interviews (one new enrollment and one renewal) at the station 1 counter. Took all of 10 minutes for both of us and I got the status change/approval email a few minutes later.
Flying Machine and EHAM1 like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum, TK Star Alliance Gold
JFK Terminal 4

Does anyone have a recent experience with EoA for JFK T4? I have searched this topic but mostly found conflicting answers on how it works.

Does one
1. Use the regular non-US citizen immigration line?
or
2. Take the Global Entry line (A) on arrival?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 5:40 pm

Yeaa I just discovered this 'interview on arrival' thing and... we are going to Ireland in two weeks so I can do it on my return? I just walk right in? They just say passport and ID.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:18 am
formerly gantid

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Platinum, Marriott Platinum elite, *G, Hilton Gold
Good morning.

I hope someone can confirm if I will be able to complete enrollment on arrival from Punta Cana (PUJ) - IAD.

Thanks.

DD
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:30 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by washingtonian_2017
Good morning.

I hope someone can confirm if I will be able to complete enrollment on arrival from Punta Cana (PUJ) - IAD.

Thanks.

DD
There are several reports in this thread from as recently as last month of successful EoA at IAD; probably half a dozen this year.

For details, search this thread for "IAD" (use the Advanced Search tool and make sure to place "IAD" in quotation marks in the search box).
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by bklgafly
Yeaa I just discovered this 'interview on arrival' thing and... we are going to Ireland in two weeks so I can do it on my return? I just walk right in? They just say passport and ID.
You'll have to check - Ireland has preclearance in Dublin and Shannon, so when you land in US you've already passed through customs/immigration. Maybe you can do Enrollment on Departure there?
Old Aug 15, 2022, 12:20 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drewguy
You'll have to check - Ireland has preclearance in Dublin and Shannon, so when you land in US you've already passed through customs/immigration. Maybe you can do Enrollment on Departure there?
Enrollment on Arrival is available at both the Dublin and Shannon airports. For hours of operation, take a look at the CBP Enrollment on Arrival webpage which is linked in the wikipost.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Amb
Thought I'd share my experience of renewing via EoA at SJC a week ago.
I arrived on the BA flight from LHR and, as SJC doesn't get many international flights, this was the only one being processed in the immigration hall.
There were the usual Global Entry kiosks and then a single, combined lane for Global Entry, EoA and crew all leading to one CBP officer. The entry itself was quick but when I said I wanted to do EoA for my renewal, the officer said I'd need to wait in the secondary screening area until someone was free. I was the only person waiting to do EoA.
It transpired that he was going to do the interview and take fingerprints but his lane needed to be clear first... meaning that I needed to wait for the BA crew to come through. Of course that meant waiting for almost an entire 787 plane load of passengers to be processed... but it didn't really take that long. After about 20 minutes the crew came through, he called me over and it was all done within 5 minutes.
A pretty stress-free experience and a very pleasant, friendly CBP officer.
Boraxo and Flying Machine like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 9:07 am
formerly gantid

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Platinum, Marriott Platinum elite, *G, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
There are several reports in this thread from as recently as last month of successful EoA at IAD; probably half a dozen this year.

For details, search this thread for "IAD" (use the Advanced Search tool and make sure to place "IAD" in quotation marks in the search box).

Thanks, TWA884. I am familiar with EoA at IAD. I was not sure if there was pre-clearance in PUJ that makes the EoA process complicated. All my searching indicated that Pre-clearance was approved for Dominican Republic but it was not clear if that was finalized.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by washingtonian_2017
Thanks, TWA884. I am familiar with EoA at IAD. I was not sure if there was pre-clearance in PUJ that makes the EoA process complicated. All my searching indicated that Pre-clearance was approved for Dominican Republic but it was not clear if that was finalized.
Currently, outside the US, Enrollment on Arrival is available only in Aruba, Bermuda, Canada, Ireland, The Bahamas and the United Arab Emirates.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 3:38 am

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum, TK Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Didymis
Does anyone have a recent experience with EoA for JFK T4? I have searched this topic but mostly found conflicting answers on how it works.

Does one
1. Use the regular non-US citizen immigration line?
or
2. Take the Global Entry line (A) on arrival?
To answer my own question:

You need to FIRST take the non-US citizen immigration line and go through the regular proces if you’re traveling on an ESTA. Tell the CBP officer you want to do EoA and they’ll direct you to an office just off the Global Entry lane (A). The “interview” was a breeze and took no more than 5 minutes.

(Unfortunately you have to stand in line for 1.5 hours before you get to enjoy the benefits of GE…)
Flying Machine and TWA884 like this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 8:06 pm

From the Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK citizens thread:
Originally Posted by Ned1968
Interviews on arrival at JFK T7 were available yesterday (19 August 2022)

Arrived on BA113 around 7pm. Immigration hall was busy - both US and non US passport lines

I was renewing GE (UK passport). Asked at the passport booth about interview on arrival for GE renewal and was told to wait "by the flag" past passport control (by passport booth 17/18). A CBP officer walked by a minute later and asked if anyone was waiting for an interview. Two other people were already waiting there. Took about 20 mins for the first one to be taken away for an interview (which took 10 mins). After waiting maybe 30 mins I got my interview. Very quick. New photo and fingerprints. 24 hours later no sign of the status being changed yet

My wife (travelling with me, US passport) also had an interview to get GE for the first time. Also took about 5 mins (we were interviewed together back to back). Her status is still pending 24 hours later

Unlike previous attempts they did not say the queues had to be cleared and the hall empty before they would release staff to do the interview. Whole things took around 40 mins - finished before the bags arrived from the flight
​​​​​​
Old Aug 21, 2022, 7:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Another conditionally approved. Do you need to print anything out or just rock up with the passport (US in my case) linked to the application?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Another conditionally approved. Do you need to print anything out or just rock up with the passport (US in my case) linked to the application?
From the wiki in the other thread regarding global entry: You must bring the following original documents with you to the enrollment center:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them to the interview so that the information can be added to your file. This provides you with the ability to use either passport at the Global Entry kiosk;
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable);
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc.
When you visit the Enrollment Center, we will review your application and any additional information you provide at that time. We will verify your identity, review your documentation, and take your fingerprints and photograph. Finally, we will explain the terms and conditions of the Global Entry program and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
This sounds like a very nice service! Can't believe I was stressing about getting an appointment!
Thanks all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.