Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum
Here's a data point in case anyone would find this helpful. I landed at T8 at JFK on 17 December around 2:30pm. I asked the staff member directing people where to go for enrollment on arrival. She advised me to mention it to the CBP agent during my entry process. I did so and the agent sent me down behind booth 1, to speak with another agent there. That agent flagged down a third agent passing by to ask if he had time to do EOA, and he said he did. The process was very smooth with just a few questions, followed by photo and fingerprints and an explanation of the program. I was approved about an hour later.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 5:00 am

LAX 12/21 exp

LAX 12/21 exp
Me and mom flew into LAX from India. I am a US citizen and already have GE. Mom is Indian citizen and had her GE application conditionally approved few months back. We did immigration in regular line and officer confirmed moms status and asked us to go to approval on arrival line. Line already had 2 passengers waiting. Took 20 mins for another officer to show up. They took photo and fingerprints and we were done in 10 mins. Mom got her email approval in 2 hours after leaving LAX.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Just completed the interview process on arrival at BOS. Fairly straightforward... had about a 10 minute wait and then very few questions. Just fingerprints. No request for proof of residence or second passport.
Received the approval 2 hours later.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
My wife did her renewal "interview" on our arrival into MIA the other day. We just told the agent that was looking the GE tickets on exit and he had someone take us to a room that looked like it was for processing people entering on visa's etc. They took the wife's passport back to someone into a room we couldn't see and just told us to wait. After about 15 minutes someone came out and called her name. She was out in five minutes with only a question about confirming address. She said that agent was pretty nice. We found the rest of the agents to be a pretty miserable bunch at MIA. Perhaps we just caught them on an off day though.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
In December, flew from Frankfurt to Atlanta. I have global entry, wife didn't renew in time, so does not.

There was a line at the global entry machines, no line at the regular border control gates.

So my wife actually arrived at baggage claim first. No matter, as our bags had not yet arrived at the baggage carousel.

Over the past six months, with more and more people enrolled in global entry (and fewer people traveling), this has been the rule, not the exception. Just a data point.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: US Gold
I arrived in US on Decemeber 10 and did Global Entry interview on arrival. Noticed last week the interview had still not been recorded on my application on the DHS website. Sent a note to support pointing this out....because the deadline for me to complete the interview was today, January 7. Today, I got a note that my application has been cancelled.

Anyone have any experience of this? Will they take note of the email and reinstate the application and find the interview?

wg
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:39 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by wendyg
I arrived in US on Decemeber 10 and did Global Entry interview on arrival. Noticed last week the interview had still not been recorded on my application on the DHS website. Sent a note to support pointing this out....because the deadline for me to complete the interview was today, January 7. Today, I got a note that my application has been cancelled.

Anyone have any experience of this? Will they take note of the email and reinstate the application and find the interview?

wg
Please refer to the following thread:
Old Jan 10, 2022, 9:32 am

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 6:23 am
Old Jan 10, 2022, 10:53 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by markle
Hi all - we're due to fly into MIA in four weeks time with our 20-month old daughter. Both my wife and I have GE, but our daughter doesn't. I'm not a US citizen, but my wife and daughter are.

Last time we flew in to MIA with her (Nov 2020), immigration queues were horrendous - so we're thinking of registering our daughter for GE to try and skip some of the queues this time around.

Is there a dedicated 'enrollment on arrival' lane that means we'd be able to skip the regular immigration queues - or would we need to line up as normal **and then** go to Secondary for her enrollment?
The most recent report from MIA is in post number 530.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:31 am

Finally, I'm hoping to get to the US again in March and am planning flights to try to get my EoA sorted. (I'm assuming EoA is still happening despite the temporary closure of the enrollment centers?) I'm 730 days + conditional approval but my applciation still shows Conditionally Approved, not expired and I have a placeholder interview for approval in late March.

So, I cna route from the UK to Dublin en route to BOS, and attempt EoA at the pre-check there - the website says it's now open 7 days (used to be four and that caught me out previously), fly into T5 JFK for EoA then onto BOS or, less preferably, route via LHR and into BOS for EoA. (I have travel vouchers to cover the first two routes, but not the third...)

Does anyone know if EoA @ DUB is functioning every day, or any thoughts on EoA @ T5 JFK? (Albeit it remains a changeable situation...)

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 1:44 pm
formerly gantid

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Platinum, Marriott Platinum elite, *G, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Panos17
Damn.. So it seems that I need to go through the painful immigration line after all. Was hoping there was a separate line at IAD for EoA that does EoA + immigration together

Has anyone done EoA at Dulles recently? Is the process still the same or do they have a separate line that can do the immigration and EoA at the same time?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by washingtonian_2017
Has anyone done EoA at Dulles recently? Is the process still the same or do they have a separate line that can do the immigration and EoA at the same time?
I can't speak for IAD but in BOS I did both at the same time. When I arrived I said that I needed to complete the interview process and a lady directed me to an area... I waited for an officer to call me and he did the admission and the interview at once.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 12:16 pm
formerly gantid

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Platinum, Marriott Platinum elite, *G, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Panos17
Damn.. So it seems that I need to go through the painful immigration line after all. Was hoping there was a separate line at IAD for EoA that does EoA + immigration together
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
I can't speak for IAD but in BOS I did both at the same time. When I arrived I said that I needed to complete the interview process and a lady directed me to an area... I waited for an officer to call me and he did the admission and the interview at once.
Thanks. I hope that CBP @ IAD will allow that.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 8:29 am

At LAX we asked at the normal immigration counter and after processing us there sent us a few booths away to the EoA. We were lucky that there was no line at the regular booth and just one person ahead of us at the EoA.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I almost overlooked this interview on arrival option. I've been conditionally approved, but there are no interview slots open at SFO until April. But...I will be returning from abroad in April. So the interview upon return looks like a great option.

I see from posts above that it's wise to hustle over to immigration as soon as you deplane, given that others on your plane may have the same idea. Regardless, I have something like 700 days in which to schedule an interview. If there's a line that would take me longer than it will take for my checked bag to show up at the carousal, I'll skip the interview and try another time.

Thanks to all for posting their experiences with this interview option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.