Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Old Aug 26, 2020, 7:08 pm

Hi - I see the data point above about interview on arrival at ORD. My husband and I have both been conditionally approved for renewal and were hoping to do our interview on international arrival to LAX next week. Does anyone have any intelligence about the likelihood of that being available?
Old Aug 26, 2020, 7:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium//JAL Global Club//HH Diamond//United 1K
I arrived in LAX last week in the afternoon around 2~3pm and did it there. You might have to wait a bit since there's only 1 counter and the officer might not be there. Let the immigration officer know you are conditionally approved and get directed to the right counter because the people directing the queue don't care if youre doing global entry or not. Think the right counter was like counter >50 or something. The rest of the counters are general immigration.
TWA884 and tstauck like this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
Hello Sifu,

Enrollment on Arrival interviews are conducted at the Dublin airport by CBP officers during the US immigration and customs inspections prior to departure to the US. So regardless of whether or not you are coming from the Common Travel Area, you still need to access the US PreClearance facility in DUB. I doubt that it is possible if not traveling to the US.

Do note that EoA at DUB is available only between 9:00am and 1:00pm on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.

Edited to add:

Here are a couple of older posts on this issue:

Just an update on the Dublin office, I renewed my GE (for the second time) last week. Unlike last time, Im conditionally approved, so need an interview. Travel to the US looks rather unlikely at the moment, so I figured I may able to jump up to Dublin (from Germany), book a fully refundable ticket to get access to the Preclearance area, do the interview, and then cancel my ticket.

I called the station in Dublin today, and agent answered the phone in a minute, and said the Enrollment on Arrival office is closed due to COVID, and to call back every month or two to see if things have re-opened.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Anson.tzy
I arrived in LAX last week in the afternoon around 2~3pm and did it there. You might have to wait a bit since there's only 1 counter and the officer might not be there. Let the immigration officer know you are conditionally approved and get directed to the right counter because the people directing the queue don't care if youre doing global entry or not. Think the right counter was like counter >50 or something. The rest of the counters are general immigration.
Thanks for responding! To provide more information for anyone curious - I was able to complete the interview on arrival at LAX this past weekend and it was easy. I went through the GE kiosk, got my slip and told the officer that I wanted to do the interview. He called over a different officer (waited about 30 seconds for him) and we did the interview. I was told I should get an email that evening but I'm still waiting :/
Old Sep 9, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by boscobjgd
Thanks for responding! To provide more information for anyone curious - I was able to complete the interview on arrival at LAX this past weekend and it was easy. I went through the GE kiosk, got my slip and told the officer that I wanted to do the interview. He called over a different officer (waited about 30 seconds for him) and we did the interview. I was told I should get an email that evening but I'm still waiting :/
Great to hear and thanks for posting. Do you have any additional info about the GE kiosk? I only have received the email that I got the CA about a week ago. Do I need to print anything or just punch in my info / scan my passport...and they'll know what I'm talking about?

I plan to come back through LAX from Mexico near the end of next month and plan to do it then.

Thanks!
Old Sep 10, 2020, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by tstauck
Great to hear and thanks for posting. Do you have any additional info about the GE kiosk? I only have received the email that I got the CA about a week ago. Do I need to print anything or just punch in my info / scan my passport...and they'll know what I'm talking about?

I plan to come back through LAX from Mexico near the end of next month and plan to do it then.

Thanks!
I went through the kiosk as normal and then told the officer who checks the slips before you proceed to baggage claim that I had CA and wanted to do the interview, which is when he called the other officer over. He knew what I was talking about. The officer who did the interview only asked for my passport although I also had my GE card which was "helpful but not necessary." This was in TBIT; I'm not sure how seamless of a process it is if you arrive at a different terminal. Hope that helps!
Old Sep 10, 2020, 7:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tstauck

Thanks!
Are you already a GE member with a conditionally-approved application as a renewing member of GE? Then see the above post by boscobjgd.

If you're new to GE and a conditionally-approved applicant, then you'll have to hold off on using GE kiosks until on a trip after you have become an approved GE member by either: (a) clearing the enrollment on arrival process without using the GE kiosks; or (b) by doing a scheduled appointment for an interview.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 8:14 am

I went through the kiosk as normal and then told the officer who checks the slips before you proceed to baggage claim that I had CA and wanted to do the interview, which is when he called the other officer over. He knew what I was talking about. The officer who did the interview only asked for my passport although I also had my GE card which was "helpful but not necessary." This was in TBIT; I'm not sure how seamless of a process it is if you arrive at a different terminal. Hope that helps!
To be clear, you were doing a *renewal* interview, i.e. your GE was previously/still valid, right? Thus, whether EOA was open or not, you would be able to use the GE kiosks and lane to enter. If EOA wasn't available you would still use GE to enter.

For someone enrolling for the first time, the EOA location and agents are generally in the same area (often the same agents), but you would NOT use the kiosk, and more importantly if EOA is not open/available you would not be able to use this expedited path at all, and would need to use the regular lines.

Unfortunately it seems like some of the airports and/or individual agents don't care for or aren't staffed properly for EOA (or don't have enough agents qualified?), and availability can be spotty even when it is supposed to be open (and sometimes those hours don't correspond to all the flights coming in). With the difficulty of getting regular appointments, it would seem better to funnel as many as possible to EOA but that doesn't always happen.
tstauck likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by jmastron
To be clear, you were doing a *renewal* interview, i.e. your GE was previously/still valid, right? Thus, whether EOA was open or not, you would be able to use the GE kiosks and lane to enter. If EOA wasn't available you would still use GE to enter.

For someone enrolling for the first time, the EOA location and agents are generally in the same area (often the same agents), but you would NOT use the kiosk, and more importantly if EOA is not open/available you would not be able to use this expedited path at all, and would need to use the regular lines.

Unfortunately it seems like some of the airports and/or individual agents don't care for or aren't staffed properly for EOA (or don't have enough agents qualified?), and availability can be spotty even when it is supposed to be open (and sometimes those hours don't correspond to all the flights coming in). With the difficulty of getting regular appointments, it would seem better to funnel as many as possible to EOA but that doesn't always happen.
Yes correct, mine was renewal. I also landed around 3 p.m. on a Saturday. I will say for tstauck that I was going to do my interview on arrival coming from Mexico back in December, but the flight arrived late in the evening to Terminal 2 and there were only one or two officers, so I assumed no one would be available and didn't bother asking about it.
tstauck likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Yes correct, mine was renewal. I also landed around 3 p.m. on a Saturday. I will say for tstauck that I was going to do my interview on arrival coming from Mexico back in December, but the flight arrived late in the evening to Terminal 2 and there were only one or two officers, so I assumed no one would be available and didn't bother asking about it.
Thanks for the above clarifications. I am new to GE so sounds like I can't use the GE kiosks and will ask when I arrive. I'm flying Alaska but believe last time I flew back with them from Mexico, we did clear through TBIT and not their usual T6.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 11:05 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
From the Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability thread:
Originally Posted by deaddogfluffy
Slots are available for Chicago both downtown and O'Hara for as early as Sept 25th!
Another thing I learned yesterday after landing from international flight and trying to do Interview At Arrival - they close early so even if you land at 6pm it is not likely you will be able to do it there.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 1:54 am

any update/experiences on EoA at Dublin please?

update to add; spoke to CBP at Dublin who were non commital on EoA at the moment. they said ask when you get here to see if its available.

Thanks!

Last edited by dr benway; Oct 7, 2020 at 7:51 am
Old Oct 17, 2020, 6:52 pm

GE interview @ EWR

Can anyone share their experience with viewpoint on Arrival for GE @ EWR. I have two choices between layover in EWR of 2 hrs and 6 hrs after international arrival.

6 hrs seems too long and 2 hrs in normal times would have been too short but maybe its enough currently? Would like to hear some opinions.

Last edited by sarpotd; Oct 17, 2020 at 6:53 pm Reason: typos
Old Oct 21, 2020, 1:58 am

I did interview on arrival at EWR on 9/5 with a 1 hr 50 min layover. I still had to wait 10 minutes on bags after the interview, where no actual questions were even asked. I still had just enough time (20 min before boarding) to go to the UC and chug a bloody before boarding my connecting flight. Note I was arriving in business so was at the front of the pack. Global entry also was not available for me (renewing member) since I was arriving from Europe and we all had to go through COVID screening. So as per usual, the hold up there is bags, which seems to just be a crap shoot.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 7:17 am

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, UA Gold, HH Diamond
I am arriving on FRA - YYZ and depart two days later on YYZ - MUC. Is there any chance to do the interview in YYZ even though I am not arriving/depart with an US flight?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.