Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2019, 9:07 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by welchie
Does anyone know if I need to be headed from Canada to the US in order to have the interview?
Yes, the Enrollment on Arrival interviews are conducted by US CBP officers at the pre-clearance facility during the admission process.
Da5id likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by welchie
I have my conditional approval for Global Entry, but it seems to be impossible to schedule an interview. I have to travel to Buffalo next month, and had the idea of flying through Toronto/renting a car in order to do the Enrollment on Arrival at YYZ. Does anyone know if I need to be headed from Canada to the US in order to have the interview? (In other words, could I fly BOS to YYZ and then somehow find US Border Patrol to have the interview, or do I have to be heading from YYZ to BOS and do it as part of pre-flight clearance?) Because of the timing of my trip, I have more flexibility when flying to Toronto than from Toronto. Thanks for any advice.
Could always try walking in at the Nexus/GE office in T1 and see if they would be willing.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 4:31 pm

Thank you TWA884 and flyerCO
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:33 pm

Can anyone please advise where the interview upon arrival for GE is located in LAX Tom Bradley Terminal? Thank you!

My husband and I both have GE. Will need to do this interview for our baby.
Can we go to the GE kiosk directly?
If not, can she go with my husband through the normal citizen line (I am not a citizen, and line for non-citizen is super long...), while our baby is on the same flight ticket with me?

Last edited by Meriel; Oct 23, 2019 at 4:40 pm
Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Meriel
Can anyone please advise where the interview upon arrival for GE is located in LAX Tom Bradley Terminal? Thank you!

My husband and I both have GE. Will need to do this interview for our baby.
Can we go to the GE kiosk directly?
If not, can she go with my husband through the normal citizen line (I am not a citizen, and line for non-citizen is super long...), while our baby is on the same flight ticket with me?
Have you and your husband considered using the GE kiosks together, taking the GE receipts for the two of you, using Mobile Passport Control for the child, and then all together joining your husband and child for the child’s enrollment on arrival at the staffed stations where enrollment on arrival is done?

If that LAX terminal still has a CBP employee stationed by the GE kiosks, they can direct you all to enrollment on arrival together even as only one in the travel party needs to do the actual “interview”/biometric capture enrollment on arrival process with the CBP employee.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
LAX enrollment on arrival is directly to the right of the GE kiosks. I was directed to enter as usual and then go there.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gr8pirate
LAX enrollment on arrival is directly to the right of the GE kiosks. I was directed to enter as usual and then go there.
The same sort of thing for EWR Terminal B enrollment on arrival (but on the left side of a bank of GE kiosks).
gr8pirate likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 29, 2019 at 10:05 am
Old Oct 30, 2019, 7:21 pm

Global Entry Renewal Interview Upon Arrival

A friend and I will be returning to the US from Europe through Montreal. I have GE; he has conditional approval and received a letter saying he could do his interview upon landing (Montreal is on the list of approved sites). Does he have to go through customs before he goes to the interview (which seems like it would defeat the purpose), or could he wait while I go through GE and then we go there together? (His scheduled interview in Portland isn’t until next September so we’d really like to take care of this sooner, if at all feasible.) Will we even have enough time...assuming our flight is on time, we have a little less than a two-hour layover.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CBS0324
A friend and I will be returning to the US from Europe through Montreal. I have GE; he has conditional approval and received a letter saying he could do his interview upon landing (Montreal is on the list of approved sites). Does he have to go through customs before he goes to the interview (which seems like it would defeat the purpose), or could he wait while I go through GE and then we go there together? (His scheduled interview in Portland isn’t until next September so we’d really like to take care of this sooner, if at all feasible.) Will we even have enough time...assuming our flight is on time, we have a little less than a two-hour layover.
EoA is just a designated line that can process the enrollment as part of clearing into the US. He wont use GE/NEXUS until his next entry. Unless you want to skip using GE you and him will be in separate lines.

It'll be tight with only 2 hours. However it should be doable.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:44 am

If I already have GE, can I accompany someone through the EoA line at YUL?

I don't care that I won't be able to use GE for this entry - YUL is our point of departure so we'll just arrive at the airport a bit earlier.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by t325
If I already have GE, can I accompany someone through the EoA line at YUL?

I don't care that I won't be able to use GE for this entry - YUL is our point of departure so we'll just arrive at the airport a bit earlier.
I can’t comment on YUL but my experience is that the EoA is part of the normal GE line. So in answer to your question; yes. Your friend will have an extended interview (possibly at another booth) and you can just sail through.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 9:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by golfmad
I can’t comment on YUL but my experience is that the EoA is part of the normal GE line. So in answer to your question; yes. Your friend will have an extended interview (possibly at another booth) and you can just sail through.
I have done EOA at EWR and ORD with travel party members last month, and every time the EOA was done at a staffed counter that was not part of the normal GE line but could be reached by going down a GE line or asking someone what to do to get to GE EOA. But it wasn’t a problem for me to use GE, get a receipt and then go to the EOA process counter and show the GE receipt there. It might get a person some look or question when EOA isn’t relevant to all together; but a brief, pre-emptive explanation about me just being there for “their” EOA seemed to work just fine from what I’ve seen this year.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
I'm seeing both Dublin and Shannon listed as EOA ports for Global Entry now. Does anyone have first hand experience with EOA when departing these gateways for the USA?

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-arrival

I note a thread post where someone says that DUB is not an EOA, and it was fairly recent, so figured it was worth asking again. Apologies if covered...
Old Nov 8, 2019, 7:47 am

Global entry interview on Arrival @ EWR

I am renewing my GE and will try to get the interview on arrival @ EWR. I have a connecting trans-cont flight 1.5 hours after arrival at EWR. If the GE interview takes too long and I miss the connecting UA flight will I get accommodated on a later flight without charge? Is the rebooking done at the same place where I re checkin luggage?

I checked and there are later flights but in higher fare class (higher fare.)
Old Nov 8, 2019, 9:17 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by sarpotd
If the GE interview takes too long and I miss the connecting UA flight will I get accommodated on a later flight without charge? Is the rebooking done at the same place where I re checkin luggage?

I checked and there are later flights but in higher fare class (higher fare.)
That question is probably best answered in the United Airlines | MileagePlus forum.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
sarpotd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.