Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Hide Wikipost
Old May 16, 20, 5:15 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. You won’t need any additional documents other than the requisite documents for international travel (e.g., your passport).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 28, 19, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 View Post
The interview consisted of the agent giving me false information (that NEXUS included Global Entry and TSA PreCheck, but cheaper), and largely making other idle conversation until his computer finished processing our info.
I don't understand what was "false information" in " NEXUS included Global Entry and TSA PreCheck, but cheaper". The statement is true.
Old Jul 29, 19, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Marriott Bonvoy Gold; ALL Gold; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mnbp View Post
I don't understand what was "false information" in " NEXUS included Global Entry and TSA PreCheck, but cheaper". The statement is true.
I will have to double-check - the website did not make it clear that the other benefits were included, and given how slowly the guy was doing his job, I was skeptical that he was actually giving me correct information.
Old Jul 29, 19, 10:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 View Post
I will have to double-check - the website did not make it clear that the other benefits were included, and given how slowly the guy was doing his job, I was skeptical that he was actually giving me correct information.
This has a list of what is included with each TTP:

https://ttp.dhs.gov/

it says “may include” PreCheck for Nexus and for Sentri; it says “includes” PreCheck for Global Entry; and it says “does not include” PreCheck for FAST.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 29, 19 at 10:36 pm
Old Jul 29, 19, 10:48 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Topic Drift

Folks,

When you click on the "Learn more" link in the NEXUS cell on the https://ttp.dhs.gov/ page, you will find out that NEXUS includes: "Access to TSA Pre✓® expedited security lanes at airports within the U.S. and U.S territories for U.S. Citizens, U.S. lawful permanent residents and Canadian citizens," but not Canadian Permanent residents; hence the "may include."

However, as I have written earlier today, the discussion of whether NEXUS included Global Entry and TSA PreCheck belongs in other threads:
So please let's get back on topic, which is Enrollment on Arrival.

Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 29, 19 at 10:58 pm
Old Aug 7, 19, 9:07 pm

Anyone done EoA at Orlando MCO? Just wondering if they have a dedicated booth for EoA processing. Also if they do it over the weekend. The CBP website only mentions hours so assuming weekends are good for processing. Hoping it is not a long wait.
Old Aug 28, 19, 1:05 am

Programs: UA 1MM GS, Delta Skymiles Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Super smooth EoA at SFO this morning. Approval took three hours after as apparently systems were running slow.

No line. Extremely friendly agent, basically just going over responses in application and verifying addresses and names etc. Very impressed with the efficiency, and am so excited after so many years of waiting for GE/Pre eligibility. I almost want to book a flight tomorrow to try it out!
Old Aug 29, 19, 9:44 am

GE on arrival interview

I had my GE on arrival interview at SFO on Monday and the officer confirmed that I am likely approved and will receive an email soon but as well the system is running unusually slow. However still didn’t get and online it still states „conditionally approved“. Has anyone a similar experience or does anyone know how long it could take?
Old Aug 29, 19, 10:24 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Dan Elias Mitchell View Post
I had my GE on arrival interview at SFO on Monday and the officer confirmed that I am likely approved and will receive an email soon but as well the system is running unusually slow. However still didn’t get and online it still states „conditionally approved“. Has anyone a similar experience or does anyone know how long it could take?
Welcome to FlyerTalk @Dan Elias Mitchell!

It's likely that the fingerprints results did not come back right away or that for whatever reason the interviewing CBP officer did not click on the final approval button.

Please take a look at this thread:
Let me add that if you do not receive final approval after a week, call the SFO Enrollment Center (650-877-4006) to check if the interviewing officer forgot to go back to approve your application after your fingerprints check came back.

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 29, 19 at 10:34 am Reason: Additional information
Old Sep 1, 19, 10:06 am

Programs: GE
Next question:
Is it possible to do EoA interview at land crossings? Or only airports?
Old Sep 1, 19, 11:29 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by leavedacannoli View Post
Next question:
Is it possible to do EoA interview at land crossings? Or only airports?
Airports only.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...val/locations#
leavedacannoli likes this.
Old Sep 1, 19, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by 1KChinito View Post
Chances are good.

She has one year from her expiration date now as long as renewal process begins prior to expiration date.

If I were you, I would renew now.
1. She may be approved without an interview
2. If an interview is required,
a) She has one year from conditional approval date to complete the process
b) She can use Enrollment on Arrival
Thanks!

For EoA, do you just walk into the office when landing?
Old Sep 1, 19, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by joshwex90 View Post
Thanks!

See official definition.
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-arrival
Basically, you approach a special Immigration booth during your arrival processing, and your interview takes place there.
Old Sep 1, 19, 3:19 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by joshwex90 View Post
Thanks!

Follow sign or ask.

Old Sep 3, 19, 9:35 am

Programs: Peasant at large
My GF just did EoA at SEA. Not all officers at the automated passport stations knew about EoA so be sure to keep asking different officers until you find one that does, you'll be directed to the right waiting area. Actual interview was quick and painless with a very professional and courteous officer. Approval confirmation the following day.

No walk-ins for SEA in the foreseeable future due to staff shortage.
Old Sep 4, 19, 1:10 pm

Programs: United Global Services
I’m arriving back from HK on the 7th into ORD. I have an interview for my APEC card scheduled for the 13th, but was wondering if I’m able to do the EoA at ORD for APEC? I’m still current on my GE and not up for renewal until next year.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: