Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA - PLT Marriott: Silver
Quick question for the experts. I completed my EOA on Sunday, and now show up as approved online. My question is regarding the interview i had scheduled for next week in case I couldn't do the EOA. I see nowhere on the TTP dashboard to cancel my appointment. Do I need to call the location to cancel, or should I just not worry about it since I'm approved?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by TexasAussie
Quick question for the experts. I completed my EOA on Sunday, and now show up as approved online. My question is regarding the interview i had scheduled for next week in case I couldn't do the EOA. I see nowhere on the TTP dashboard to cancel my appointment. Do I need to call the location to cancel, or should I just not worry about it since I'm approved?
Since you have completed your Enrollment on Arrival, your scheduled appointment should have been automatically cancelled. That is one of the reason cancellations occur frequently.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA - PLT Marriott: Silver
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Since you have completed your Enrollment on Arrival, your scheduled appointment should have been automatically cancelled. That is one of the reason cancellations occur frequently.
Perfect, thanks. Wanted to make sure it didn't go to waste, since at least what i can tell on here, the availability is sparse.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by maninblack
Shoot me your Pass ID, I'll take care of it ASAP.
Is this a joke or for real? I saw a few people liked this post so perhaps it is legit?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:22 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by MisterBill
Is this a joke or for real? I saw a few people liked this post so perhaps it is legit?
@maninblack is legit. He's a CBP Officer at a major airport.
Da5id, MisterBill and OSSYULYYZ like this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: CBP
Done. To the surprise of nobody who works with the GE interview system, the fingerprint results did not come back right away, and the Officer did not go back for a followup.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: Peasant at large
Any recent experiences with GE EOA at SEA? I haven't found anything on this thread or FT in general. Even google returns generic information and nothing recent.

Thanks.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by gaspasser
Heads up. DEN is not taking ANY interview appointments at this time. Only way to get approved is EOA at DEN or another airport.
Appreciate the warning, but it's already taken care of. I'm sitting in YYZ right now and just got my EOA interview in terminal 3. You have to go through the normal CBP line, but once you get to an agent you say you need your interview. They'll verify that you're provisionally accepted, then send you over. I brought a copy of my acceptance letter to expedite the process.

The security line at 9am was about an hour (yuck), but then it just took about 5 minutes to see an agent, and 15 minutes for the interview. Naturally, by the time I finished my interview, the line was almost empty.

I learned from the agent that I should have applied for Nexus. I thought Nexus was just for Canada <--> US, and I wanted it to cover other countries too. But the agent said Nexus is better when going US-->Canada because it's like Global Entry going into Canada, AND Nexus includes a free Global Entry membership. Duh. I can add Nexus for $50, but I'll have to schedule another set of interviews. Including with the Canadian border folks, and that must be scheduled in Canada. Trick is that you have to schedule that interview in advance, usually with a fairly long lead time, and I never know about my trips more than about 3 weeks in advance. So maybe eventually I'll give it a try and see if I can get an appointment with that short a notice.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:43 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by garyfritz
I learned from the agent that I should have applied for Nexus. I thought Nexus was just for Canada <--> US, and I wanted it to cover other countries too. But the agent said Nexus is better when going US-->Canada because it's like Global Entry going into Canada, AND Nexus includes a free Global Entry membership. Duh. I can add Nexus for $50, but I'll have to schedule another set of interviews. Including with the Canadian border folks, and that must be scheduled in Canada. Trick is that you have to schedule that interview in advance, usually with a fairly long lead time, and I never know about my trips more than about 3 weeks in advance. So maybe eventually I'll give it a try and see if I can get an appointment with that short a notice.
That is correct.

For indexing and future search purposes, please continue discussing this subject in one of the following threads:
Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:30 pm

PHL interview on arrival

I did my interview on arrival today at PHL. There was a dedicated lane with six of us in line. You cannot use it with mobile passport so I had to get out of line to get a paper customs form. The agent collected everyone's passports to take them to the office then sent people to collect their bags. Since I didn't have bags I followed him to the office and interviewed first. The agent didn't ask me any questions, she just took my photo and fingerprints and sent me along. The entire thing including waiting for someone to collect our passports was 10 minutes and still much shorter than the regular passport control line. She said I'd get an email with my known traveler number when approved.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 11:33 pm
FTA

Originally Posted by TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a viable option.
Be careful with this. When I tried to do this at O'hare the agent got pissy and said its only for people that don't live in the US and told me to do it in the office instead
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by FTA
Be careful with this. When I tried to do this at O'hare the agent got pissy and said its only for people that don't live in the US and told me to do it in the office instead
That agent is dead wrong.

Per the CBP website that is linked in the relevant Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival thread:
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection.
Perhaps you went to the wrong booth or at the wrong time or day. At Chicago O'Hare International Airport, Enrollment on Arrival interviews are available only at Booth 58 from 8:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I would never recommend that anyone do the 'on arrival' interview at YYZ unless you show up very early for your flight and are willing to endure the inane procedures that are enforced. When I was there a few weeks back, the lanes for 'interviews' were in 8 and 10 - except 8 was closed. 10 kept waving through previously-approved NEXUS passengers, on the basis that they had urgent flights to get to. Then 11 opened, but they would only wave through NEXUS passengers. My conclusion was that the folks running CBP at YYZ had zero idea as to how to optimize getting people through - they assumed that non-interviewees were more urgent. We finally got through (with 10 minutes to spare before our stated boarding time). The interview consisted of the agent giving me false information (that NEXUS included Global Entry and TSA PreCheck, but cheaper), and largely making other idle conversation until his computer finished processing our info.

My recommendation: don't bother at YYZ. Easily one of the worst experiences I have had with CBP, ever. If you live in the EWR / general NYC area, just schedule an appointment and do not deal with the unnecessary stress you will have to endure.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
The interview consisted of the agent giving me false information (that NEXUS included Global Entry and TSA PreCheck, but cheaper)...
What the CBP agent told you is actually accurate, but it is a topic for other threads:
GUWonder likes this.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 28, 2019 at 11:28 pm Reason: Clarify
Old Jul 28, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
The interview consisted of the agent giving me false information (that NEXUS included Global Entry and TSA PreCheck, but cheaper), and largely making other idle conversation until his computer finished processing our info.
I don't understand what was "false information" in " NEXUS included Global Entry and TSA PreCheck, but cheaper". The statement is true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.