Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Hide Wikipost
Old May 21, 19, 12:50 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. You wonít need any additional documents other than the requisite documents for international travel (e.g., your passport).
Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 2, 19, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS, UA, SK, UR, MR
Originally Posted by MisterBill View Post
Given that I already had my fingerprints checked for TSA Pre-check (which I got a couple of years ago), I don't even understand why they needed to do it again.
We recently flew CDG-SFO. My wife went into the GE line for the first time since getting approved and was surprised having to be fingerprinted and photographed apart from the expected passport scan. But at least she didnít have wait in a second line to speak with a staff person.

She seems to remember a sign for enrollment on arrival, but it wasnít at all obvious. At the time, I was still in the pending review limbo, and Iím now glad I didnít get a chance to be objected to the apparently dreadful procedure. It looks like quite the mess for some of you.
Old Jul 2, 19, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
finger prints and photo are still part of the GE entry procedure. Not sure why your wife was surprised by that.
OSSYULYYZ likes this.
Old Jul 2, 19, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by luv2vacay View Post
P2 is going on 2 weeks post "upon arrival". Still nothing on the website.
Called last week (last Wednesday) and the lady said that the app would be approved in 24-48 hours. 6 days ago.
Probably going to have to call in again.
ATL in case anyone wonders. Not sure what the issues are. We both had pre-check, I can't imagine it's an issue with the fingerprints, but mine got approved after speaking to the officer (about 3 hours). NEVER got the email, BTW. Card showed up in the mail yesterday.
P2 is still stuck (LOL).
That's disappointing. I don't have any flights coming up until net year so timing isn't an issue but given that the officer had trouble with my fingerprints and photo (had to do each twice) I don't want to find out that they need me to come back for another set. I was planning on getting GE for my wife when I apply for another credit card in a month or two, but I figure I can drive around the airport when she goes in for her appointment rather than pay to park at JFK or EWR. If I also have to go in (and thus pay for parking), I won't be happy.
Old Jul 3, 19, 8:48 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Topic Drift

Folks,

This thread is about the logistics and procedures of completing the Global Entry enrollment interview upon arrival into the United States. Pursuant to FlyerTalk Rule 5, please stay on topic and confine your remarks as close as possible to this topic.

For indexing and future search purposes, if you wish to discuss to discuss issues with fingerprints, we have several threads on that topic, including the following:
Poor Quality Fingerprints Scan During the GE/TSA PreCheck Interview
Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jul 3, 19, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by vanillabean View Post
We recently flew CDG-SFO. My wife went into the GE line for the first time since getting approved and was surprised having to be fingerprinted and photographed apart from the expected passport scan. But at least she didn’t have wait in a second line to speak with a staff person.

She seems to remember a sign for enrollment on arrival, but it wasn’t at all obvious. At the time, I was still in the pending review limbo, and I’m now glad I didn’t get a chance to be objected to the apparently dreadful procedure. It looks like quite the mess for some of you.
I think I’ve read that some CBP agents don’t show it but when I got mine there was a short video on how to use the kiosk. Clearly explained and showed the finger print and photo procedure. I assume that’s to make sure you and the person on the passport are one and the same.

Old Jul 3, 19, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
Folks,

This thread is about the logistics and procedures of completing the Global Entry enrollment interview upon arrival into the United States. Pursuant to FlyerTalk Rule 5, please stay on topic and confine your remarks as close as possible to this topic.

For indexing and future search purposes, if you wish to discuss to discuss issues with fingerprints, we have several threads on that topic, including the following:
Poor Quality Fingerprints Scan During the GE/TSA PreCheck Interview
In my case it was not clear that it did not read the fingerprint correctly since they seemed OK initially but she asked me to redo them later in the process, as she did with my photo. I think she either didn't know what she was doing or the system was acting up.
Old Jul 5, 19, 4:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, Lufthansa Senator
First time poster long time lurking...

I have Global Entry (had my interview in the Singapore embassy as it was hard to get slots in London at the time).

I have applied for the wife and 2 kids and want to do the interview on arrival in JFK T7 when we land off a BA flight next week.

Has anyone had the experience and know which queue to go in? you know what it is like when you land and have the stampede..... We are in First so will get off the plane early.

Signage is not usually great. Anyone who has had the experience able to provide some advice to make the process easier for us?

Many thanks.
Old Jul 5, 19, 8:12 am

P2 finally approved, BTW.
Conditionally approved back in April.
Used Upon Arrival in ATL on 6/18/19.
Was not instantly approved.
After multiple calls, finally approved (no email) on 7/3/19.
Old Jul 5, 19, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by madcal View Post
First time poster long time lurking...

I have Global Entry (had my interview in the Singapore embassy as it was hard to get slots in London at the time).

I have applied for the wife and 2 kids and want to do the interview on arrival in JFK T7 when we land off a BA flight next week.

Has anyone had the experience and know which queue to go in? you know what it is like when you land and have the stampede..... We are in First so will get off the plane early.

Signage is not usually great. Anyone who has had the experience able to provide some advice to make the process easier for us?

Many thanks.
According to the CBP web page linked in the wiki post at the top of the thread: "John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) - Terminal Seven British Airways, Booth #1 , 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m."
Old Jul 5, 19, 5:13 pm

P2 finally approved, BTW.
Conditionally approved back in April.
Used Upon Arrival in ATL on 6/18/19.
Was not instantly approved.
After multiple calls, finally approved (no email) on 7/3/19.
I did mine on the 24th and am still waiting even though I was given no indication that I was not approved at the time of the interview (in fact, the website still wants me to make an appointent).. What did they tell you when you called? I may have to do that next week.
Old Jul 8, 19, 7:53 am

I did mine on the 24th and am still waiting even though I was given no indication that I was not approved at the time of the interview (in fact, the website still wants me to make an appointent).. What did they tell you when you called? I may have to do that next week.
So for me, when I called, got an officer right away, and he put me on hold and then came back and asked for the full name and Pass ID.
Then he asked me what did I answer to the interviewer about whether this was for business or personal (which I was NOT asked for by the interviewer, BTW).
So I said Personal (which is true) and then he said I should get an email in 24 hours. About 3-4 hours later, I logged in and saw I was approved. Never got an email.

P2 called and had to give full name and Pass ID and then was told that he should get an email in 24-48 hours and that the person would approve it.
A week later, still no email and not approved.
Called again, was told to call back the next day.
The next day, checked online and it was approved.
Old Jul 8, 19, 12:46 pm

So for me, when I called, got an officer right away, and he put me on hold and then came back and asked for the full name and Pass ID.
Then he asked me what did I answer to the interviewer about whether this was for business or personal (which I was NOT asked for by the interviewer, BTW).
So I said Personal (which is true) and then he said I should get an email in 24 hours. About 3-4 hours later, I logged in and saw I was approved. Never got an email.
What number did you call? I called the CBP help line at 800-237-5511 and when I selected the TTP/GE option, it told me to submit it online. I listened further and selected and option and it still did not give me an option to talk to someone. Tried calling the JFK processing center and got a recording. Called the Buffalo center (next on the list) and got put on hold and eventually got tired of waiting.

I submitted an email request but they said it can take 10-15 days for a response.
Old Jul 8, 19, 3:55 pm

So I got a surprisingly fast response and it sees to confirm my fear that the agent who did my interview screwed something up unless someone in the office is supposed to do something after the interview and hasn't bothered to.

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Information Center.

Your application is still pending finalization at the Enrollment Center where you interviewed.

If you are unable to get your application finalized by contacting the Enrollment Center, please respond to this email with your full name and PASSID number and we will submit a ticket on your behalf to resolve the issue. Processing times are currently 1-2 weeks.
Old Jul 8, 19, 6:58 pm

So I got a surprisingly fast response and it sees to confirm my fear that the agent who did my interview screwed something up unless someone in the office is supposed to do something after the interview and hasn't bothered to.
There are numerous reports in the Global Entry - processing timelines of first time applications [US citizens & LPR's] thread of the interviewer neglecting to click on the final approve button. In just about all of those cases, a call to the enrollment center in question quickly resolved the problem.
luv2vacay likes this.
Old Jul 9, 19, 8:59 am

What number did you call? I called the CBP help line at 800-237-5511 and when I selected the TTP/GE option, it told me to submit it online. I listened further and selected and option and it still did not give me an option to talk to someone. Tried calling the JFK processing center and got a recording. Called the Buffalo center (next on the list) and got put on hold and eventually got tired of waiting.

I submitted an email request but they said it can take 10-15 days for a response.
So the email I got from CBP had a link to the "Upon Arrival" contact info. But it takes you to a website without contact info.
I instead went to the "main" site

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...enters/georgia

and there's the ATL airport location with the phone #.

Keep in mind, we went to our Upon Arrival interview in ATL
If you went elsewhere, you'll need to find that location.

Search this Thread