Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 30, 19, 11:29 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. You won’t need any additional documents other than the requisite documents for international travel (e.g., your passport).
Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 6, 18, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA CK
Frustrating situation today. Was planning on getting my renewal interview done on arrival at JFK. Per the website, JFK T8 offers this service from 6am-11pm at desk #1 .

When I got there, the agents there said they had not been trained in T8 and I'd need to go to T4 for the interview (which wasn't practical w/ my connection). Annoying...
Old Dec 9, 18, 9:15 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, UA Silver
Has anyone done an enrollment on arrival interview for Global Entry renewal?

I have I am an active global entry member with conditional approval on my renewal and will flying into Chicago ORD from Asia tomorrow, Monday morning. I would love to do my renewal interview as enrollment on arrival and be done with it but also have a fairly tight connection.

With my active global entry can I use the global entry kiosks as usual and then do the “interview” when they are checking my printout or must I use the regular que if I want to do the interview?
Old Dec 9, 18, 11:02 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by same0717 View Post
With my active global entry can I use the global entry kiosks as usual and then do the “interview” when they are checking my printout or must I use the regular que if I want to do the interview?
To the best of my understanding, there are dedicated lanes for Global Entry interviews on arrival.
Old Dec 10, 18, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
The locations of the EOA locations / booths are listed against each location on the GE website.
Old Dec 10, 18, 10:36 am

Thanks for the reminder @UKtravelbear!

@same0717, if it is not too late, at ORD, Enrollment on Arrival is available at Booth 58.
Old Dec 22, 18, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL PM
ATL

I already have Global Entry. I applied for Global Entry for my 4 year old son, and he received his conditional approval. We're traveling from NRT to ATL
and plan to do enrollment on arrival at ATL for him. I do have an appointment at our final destination in case it doesn't work out, but its nice not to waste our vacation time for the interview. I read the thread and couldn't find any info about ATL (Sorry if I missed it!).

Any idea which lane we would use? Should I use Mobile Passport for both of us? Or should I use the Global Entry Kiosk and my son do the normal entry procedures? I plan to ask the staff once we arrive at ATL immigration, but sometimes traveling with a 4 year old its better to have an idea of what to expect.
Old Dec 22, 18, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by rockettyo View Post
Any idea which lane we would use? Should I use Mobile Passport for both of us? Or should I use the Global Entry Kiosk and my son do the normal entry procedures? I plan to ask the staff once we arrive at ATL immigration, but sometimes traveling with a 4 year old its better to have an idea of what to expect.
If you want to do Enrollment on Arrival, do not use the Mobile Passport App.

There should be signs directing you to the Enrollment on Arrival booths.

From the CBP Enrollment on Arrival website linked in the wiki post:
When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. You won’t need any additional documents other than the requisite documents for international travel (e.g., your passport).
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Concourse E and Concourse F
6000 N Terminal Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30320
Hours of Operation: 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Old Dec 26, 18, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP: : SPG Plat; HH Gold
Data Point.

Arrived CLT on Dec 23, 2018. Initially was directed in one direction for Enrollment on Entry then when talking to the supervisor was advised due to the Government Shutdown, Enrollment upon Arrival was not available.

Just bad timing I guess.
Old Dec 28, 18, 10:48 pm

Programs: CBP
Depends on the port. I asked around to 2 other major ports that I have buddies at.

Of the 3 ports combined, 2 are doing EOA, 1 is not.
Old Dec 30, 18, 6:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
Depends on the port. I asked around to 2 other major ports that I have buddies at.

Of the 3 ports combined, 2 are doing EOA, 1 is not.
At which two of those 3 is enrollment on arrival still being done? And at which of those 3 is it not being done?
Old Dec 30, 18, 3:45 pm

IAH Houston

Has anyone done the interview on arrival at IAH recently?
I am wondering what the normal wait time is at IAH. I had the interview scheduled for the next week, but had to re-schedule due to the government shutdown. Thinking of doing this in March.

Also does anyone know if this is available on weekends at IAH? Our flight lands on Sunday morning. I know IAH regular GE office does not offer interviews on weekends, but can't find information on enrollment on arrival operating days/hours.

Thank you!
Old Dec 30, 18, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Annie33 View Post
Also does anyone know if this is available on weekends at IAH? Our flight lands on Sunday morning. I know IAH regular GE office does not offer interviews on weekends, but can't find information on enrollment on arrival operating days/hours.
From the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website which is linked in the wikipost:
Texas

Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)

Hours of Operation: 5:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
Contact Information: (281) 230-4818
Old Dec 30, 18, 9:18 pm

IS the general consensus that EOA isn't happening with the shutdown?
Old Dec 30, 18, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by levilevi View Post
IS the general consensus that EOA isn't happening with the shutdown?
I would say, the "general consensus" is ... it depends. Some locations have been doing EOA and others have not. And, as the shutdown continues, I would assume that what happened yesterday does not necessarily indicate what will happen tomorrow.
Old Dec 31, 18, 1:11 am

Thank you! Somehow I missed that page. Since days are not listed, I hope that means it is available everyday including the weekends.

Search this Thread