Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry for Citizens of India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
This thread in the India forum contains useful information on completing the requisite portion of the application process in India:

India joins US Global Entry programme

The following was copied verbatim from the DHS website:

Global Entry for Indian Citizens

How to Apply for Global Entry:

Citizens of India are eligible for Global Entry. Applications must be submitted through CBP’s Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) website. The non-refundable application fee for a five-year Global Entry membership is $100 and applications must be made online. Once the application is approved, a CBP officer will conduct a scheduled interview with the applicant and then make a final eligibility determination.

Application Process:
  1. Apply Online with CBP: Complete a TTP online application and pay the $100 non-refundable application fee.
  2. After completion of step ‘1’ applicants need to submit the requisite information, along with the applicable fee of ₹500, in the Passport Seva Portal, www.passportindia.gov.in for their background check in India. In addition to this, all Indian applicants must schedule an in-person interview at the respective Passport Seva Kendra/Passport Seva Laghu Kendra (PSK/PSLK) office as per their residential jurisdiction in India (as per the address furnished online). During the interview, Indian citizens will have their fingerprints and photo captured and complete other formalities. A visit to the PSK/PSLK is based on prior appointment only.
  3. If the applicant is not presently living in India, it is recommended that they apply for Global Entry prior to their next trip to India so that the appointment at the PSK/PSLK office can be completed during their visit.
  4. Schedule an Interview in the U.S.: Once your application is reviewed, you will receive a message in your TTP account instructing you to schedule an interview at one of the Global Entry Enrollment Centers. Global Entry Enrollment Centers are primarily located within the United States at ports of entry and designated CBP facilities.
  5. Interview Determines Your Eligibility: A U.S. Customs Border Protection officer will ask you questions, take your photo, and collect your fingerprints.
  6. Provide Identification: Bring your valid passport(s) and one other form of identification, such as a driver's license or ID card to the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your permanent resident card.

Other Benefits:

Once a citizen of India is enrolled in Global Entry, he/she will also be eligible to participate in TSA Precheck. Visit the TSA Precheck program website for more information.

Travel Requirements:

All Indian Global Entry members must have a valid passport and a valid visa. Global Entry members who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. lawful permanent residents must maintain updated visa information with CBP. If a Global Entry member obtains a new visa, or obtains a new petition for a work visa, the member must notify CBP in-person at a Global Entry enrollment center. A member must visit an enrollment center to have CBP add visa and/or update visa information. If the visa information is incomplete or not properly updated with CBP, the Global Entry kiosk may incorrectly calculate the member’s class of admission and admission date. A member must visit an enrollment center in-person to add or update visa information.

Last modified: May 17, 2018
Print Wikipost

Global Entry for Citizens of India

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2021, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by justanotherdude
Any update on police verification? I sent my app to VFS mid Feb. Passport seva updated status around March 1st week that they have the app and its in process. I read that usually police verification is quick (within the next week or 2). But no police verification for me or my wife (different city) yet. Anyone else had progress on police verification for Jan/Feb submissions?
Hi,

I submitted my GEP application mid-March and travelled to India the next day. I was in India until last week (about 6 weeks), but there was no movement on police verification. I was surprised because everyone I know that has gone through the process has had the police come down to their place within the week. Do you have any thoughts/followed up on why there's no movement in your case?
Old May 7, 2021, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
No update for my moms GES application from Finance ministry..Its been now over 14 months.. so frustrated.
I got an update on CBP website that I got conditional approval, it means my police clearance is competed from Indian government. I have done Police Clearance on Feb 02, 2020 and got approval today. It took 15 months, but finally I got an conditional approval.

Originally Posted by shrutiisarda
Hi,

I submitted my GEP application mid-March and travelled to India the next day. I was in India until last week (about 6 weeks), but there was no movement on police verification. I was surprised because everyone I know that has gone through the process has had the police come down to their place within the week. Do you have any thoughts/followed up on why there's no movement in your case?
When you say you submitted GEP application, you mean you started police clearance process with Indian government, right? Because once you submit GEP application, you get application number, using that number you have to start police clearance process.

Last edited by TWA884; May 7, 2021 at 2:33 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old May 7, 2021, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Prem Patel
I got an update on CBP website that I got conditional approval, it means my police clearance is competed from Indian government. I have done Police Clearance on Feb 02, 2020 and got approval today. It took 15 months, but finally I got an conditional approval.

When you say you submitted GEP application, you mean you started police clearance process with Indian government, right? Because once you submit GEP application, you get application number, using that number you have to start police clearance process.
I thought once the GEP application is submitted on ttp.dhs.gov, and on embassy.passportindia.gov.in, and given the new process for non resident indians, you just print out the applications, attach the supporting documents and mail it to VFS global. They then send it to the indian embassy for processing, and the rest (police verification etc..) is requested from them, and not me. Is that not true?
Old May 10, 2021, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by Prem Patel

Prem, congrats on the movement. When did MInistry of Finance approve it? also you were not notified on Passportindia website of the approval since you mentioned you got an email from US CBP instead?
Old May 21, 2021, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by shrutiisarda
I thought once the GEP application is submitted on ttp.dhs.gov, and on embassy.passportindia.gov.in, and given the new process for non resident indians, you just print out the applications, attach the supporting documents and mail it to VFS global. They then send it to the indian embassy for processing, and the rest (police verification etc..) is requested from them, and not me. Is that not true?
I am under the same impression, I have applied exactly as you mentioned and did not request a police verification separately. The folks at VFS say, everything else will be done automatically while I wait.
Old May 22, 2021, 5:01 am

So.. after 3-1/2 years.. I got email that my application has been conditionally approved. Here's the timeline
Dec, 12, 2017 - Paid the fees for GEP in Ahmedabad,
Dec 18, 2017 - Took my neighbor with me to a nearest Police station for verification. FYI.. Police never showed up at our house for verification. The Police officer was surprised that someone finally applied for GEP. He added this is only the 2nd application we have received for GEP in the entire year.
May 5, 2021 - Got the email that my application is conditionally approved. Will schedule the interview at dulles airport now.

I had lost hope for the past 2 years .. actually even forgotten that I had sent in the application.

SO.. moral of the story.. if you are waiting for more than a year.. raise a toast for my 3-1/2 year wait ... lol

Safe Travels!
Old May 23, 2021, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by graphicaluser
So.. after 3-1/2 years.. I got email that my application has been conditionally approved. Here's the timeline
Dec, 12, 2017 - Paid the fees for GEP in Ahmedabad,
Dec 18, 2017 - Took my neighbor with me to a nearest Police station for verification. FYI.. Police never showed up at our house for verification. The Police officer was surprised that someone finally applied for GEP. He added this is only the 2nd application we have received for GEP in the entire year.
May 5, 2021 - Got the email that my application is conditionally approved. Will schedule the interview at dulles airport now.

I had lost hope for the past 2 years .. actually even forgotten that I had sent in the application.

SO.. moral of the story.. if you are waiting for more than a year.. raise a toast for my 3-1/2 year wait ... lol

Safe Travels!
Hold up! I celebrated too early.. I am going thru the posts here.. looks like I need a valid stamped visa.. my visa got expired this year so I will have to wait until I go to India next time.. and get the visa stamped and with the current restrictions/travel ban.. my plans are not going to happen until mid next year.
I guess I will have to wait one more year .. at least
Old May 23, 2021, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by ashwin_s
I live in the US and am on H1B status.
GOES registration: July 2017
Email from Indian passport authority: Aug 2017
Passport office visit: Sep 2017 (in Mumbai, police verification done next day)
Conditional approval received: June 21, 2018
H1B visa expired: June 30, 2018 (extension pending)
H1B approval notice I-797 obtained: mid-July 2018
Global Entry Interview: August 9, 2017 at JFK (this has plenty of spots available, often same day or next day).
I told the officer I had expired visa but valid extension notice (I-797). He said it was okay, but that I would (obviously) need a new visa to board a flight back if I traveled internationally. He asked me my full name, occupation, address, date of birth and email address. Then he took my photo and fingerprints, and that was it - took total fifteen minutes including the waiting time. I got an email confirming final approval within an hour.
ashwin_s so you went for the interview though your visa on the passport was expired? I am in the same situation, my stamped visa on the passport is expired, but I have a valid I-797 till 2023, I am reading on the posts here and they are saying valid stamped visa is a MUST. Can you please confirm?
Old May 23, 2021, 2:24 pm

My mom who applied in Mumbai for GE in Feb 2020 finally got an email of conditional approval just yesterday from CBP. My mom still has Indian passport (I am a US citizen and has GE) so I am planning to get her sometime this year and get the final interview done on arrival at LAX. Just last week I was told that her application is awaiting Ministry of Finance approval of which I still have no idea what happened. Keep your hopes guys as its slowly coming thru.
Old May 25, 2021, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by andersonpaac
I am under the same impression, I have applied exactly as you mentioned and did not request a police verification separately. The folks at VFS say, everything else will be done automatically while I wait.
Hey, thanks for your reply. Yeah, VFS told me the same thing. Although, its been more than 2 months now and no police has arrived at my place in India. Not sure if this route of going through the embassy is as effective as doing the same thing at a PSK in India.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 3:49 pm

My mom who applied in Mumbai for GE in Feb 2020 finally got an email of conditional approval just yesterday from CBP. My mom still has Indian passport (I am a US citizen and has GE) so I am planning to get her sometime this year and get the final interview done on arrival at LAX. Just last week I was told that her application is awaiting Ministry of Finance approval of which I still have no idea what happened. Keep your hopes guys as its slowly coming thru.
A very basic question, how did you track that her application is pending at Ministry of Finance. The VFS site, gives a generic status that application is being processed at embassy.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by gepaspirant
A very basic question, how did you track that her application is pending at Ministry of Finance. The VFS site, gives a generic status that application is being processed at embassy.
I checked with Passport India Twitter handle. They can check the details and let you know.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 1:12 am

I checked with Passport India Twitter handle. They can check the details and let you know.
Thank you!!
Old Jun 15, 2021, 12:06 pm

Prem, congrats on the movement. When did MInistry of Finance approve it? also you were not notified on Passportindia website of the approval since you mentioned you got an email from US CBP instead?
I'm not sure when did the Ministry of Finance approve it, as I didn't get any detailed information.

Also, I wasn't notified on PassportIndia website of the approval, they have written that once I got approval, I will get notification from US CBP, and I got notified by US CBP only.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 1:11 pm

Applied Aug 2020 via consulate in NYC, police verification was done in my home address late August 2020.
I queried CBP on status and they said "waiting on your home country to submit your information".
Since its been a year anyone have recommendations on how to inquire with passport services?
Thanks for any tips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.