Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry for Citizens of India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
This thread in the India forum contains useful information on completing the requisite portion of the application process in India:

India joins US Global Entry programme

The following was copied verbatim from the DHS website:

Global Entry for Indian Citizens

How to Apply for Global Entry:

Citizens of India are eligible for Global Entry. Applications must be submitted through CBP’s Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) website. The non-refundable application fee for a five-year Global Entry membership is $100 and applications must be made online. Once the application is approved, a CBP officer will conduct a scheduled interview with the applicant and then make a final eligibility determination.

Application Process:
  1. Apply Online with CBP: Complete a TTP online application and pay the $100 non-refundable application fee.
  2. After completion of step ‘1’ applicants need to submit the requisite information, along with the applicable fee of ₹500, in the Passport Seva Portal, www.passportindia.gov.in for their background check in India. In addition to this, all Indian applicants must schedule an in-person interview at the respective Passport Seva Kendra/Passport Seva Laghu Kendra (PSK/PSLK) office as per their residential jurisdiction in India (as per the address furnished online). During the interview, Indian citizens will have their fingerprints and photo captured and complete other formalities. A visit to the PSK/PSLK is based on prior appointment only.
  3. If the applicant is not presently living in India, it is recommended that they apply for Global Entry prior to their next trip to India so that the appointment at the PSK/PSLK office can be completed during their visit.
  4. Schedule an Interview in the U.S.: Once your application is reviewed, you will receive a message in your TTP account instructing you to schedule an interview at one of the Global Entry Enrollment Centers. Global Entry Enrollment Centers are primarily located within the United States at ports of entry and designated CBP facilities.
  5. Interview Determines Your Eligibility: A U.S. Customs Border Protection officer will ask you questions, take your photo, and collect your fingerprints.
  6. Provide Identification: Bring your valid passport(s) and one other form of identification, such as a driver's license or ID card to the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your permanent resident card.

Other Benefits:

Once a citizen of India is enrolled in Global Entry, he/she will also be eligible to participate in TSA Precheck. Visit the TSA Precheck program website for more information.

Travel Requirements:

All Indian Global Entry members must have a valid passport and a valid visa. Global Entry members who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. lawful permanent residents must maintain updated visa information with CBP. If a Global Entry member obtains a new visa, or obtains a new petition for a work visa, the member must notify CBP in-person at a Global Entry enrollment center. A member must visit an enrollment center to have CBP add visa and/or update visa information. If the visa information is incomplete or not properly updated with CBP, the Global Entry kiosk may incorrectly calculate the member’s class of admission and admission date. A member must visit an enrollment center in-person to add or update visa information.

Last modified: May 17, 2018
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:41 pm

Applied,

08/10/2018 - Applied for Global entry
08/11/2018 - Passport office visit
08/17/2018 - Police verification complete

It says Conditionally approved on the page but the India passport page says,

"GEP Verification Process has been initiated on your application. Once inputs from all the concerned Government Authorities are received, the Report will be shared with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). No queries would be entertained in relation to your GEP application status at the Passport Offices and PSP Call Centre. You may contact CBP for further updates on the processing of your GEP application".

Am I good to go?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 4:37 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by nimehta
It says Conditionally approved on the page but the India passport page says...
If the TTP site indicates that you were conditionally approved, it means that the US has received the results of the background check in India. Go ahead and schedule your enrollment interview.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
If the TTP site indicates that you were conditionally approved, it means that the US has received the results of the background check in India. Go ahead and schedule your enrollment interview.
I looked at the TTP history and I was conditionally approved in January! Oh well, glad I checked today
TWA884 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by nimehta
I looked at the TTP history and I was conditionally approved in January! Oh well, glad I checked today
Excellent. 5 months turnaround isn't bad at all. Hope I get the same timeline
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Plat, MPC Silver, IHG Platinum
Here is my Timeline:

Applied online in December.
Went for the interview in Passport office in India: December 2018 (last week)
Conditionally approved: Mid June.
30th June: On arrival interview at the port of entry. Immediately approved. Waiting for the card to arrive.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Nile_US
Here is my Timeline:

Applied online in December.
Went for the interview in Passport office in India: December 2018 (last week)
Conditionally approved: Mid June.
30th June: On arrival interview at the port of entry. Immediately approved. Waiting for the card to arrive.
You might not receive any card in mail.
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...aveler-card%3F
"Foreign national approved for the Global Entry program are not eligible to receive cards since they are only used at land border crossings for expedited return by vehicle into the United States from Canada or Mexico. When traveling back into the United States by air, Global Entry members scan their passports at Global Entry kiosks in the Customs area at international airports – a card is not required."
Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by americanentry
Is it mandatory to wait for the email from passport admin with the subject "Regarding U.S. Customs and Border Protection Global Entry Program (GEP)"? Can't I take the application ID from TTP account?
I am in the same position.. No email from passport admin till date ( 7 days since I created application )

1) Any contact number or email to get information if my application is received in passport seva system ?
2) Should I take the application number from TTD website and proceed with Background verification in INDIA.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by clicksurya
I am in the same position.. No email from passport admin till date ( 7 days since I created application )

1) Any contact number or email to get information if my application is received in passport seva system ?
2) Should I take the application number from TTD website and proceed with Background verification in INDIA.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
I ended up receiving the email within 24 hours so didn't have to call anybody. I recommend calling the local passport office and trying there. You do have to wait for the email since the ID in the email is different. Maybe try applying online again?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: AA Plat, MPC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by p2r2t
You might not receive any card in mail.
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...aveler-card%3F
"Foreign national approved for the Global Entry program are not eligible to receive cards since they are only used at land border crossings for expedited return by vehicle into the United States from Canada or Mexico. When traveling back into the United States by air, Global Entry members scan their passports at Global Entry kiosks in the Customs area at international airports – a card is not required."
Interesting. The agent who interviewed me told me I will get a card and that I can use it if I travel by road across the country. Anyway.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:07 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nile_US
Interesting. The agent who interviewed me told me I will get a card and that I can use it if I travel by road across the country. Anyway.
The agent was wrong.

From the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website:
Global Entry Card

Global Entry cards are issued to Global entry members who are U.S. citizens, U.S. lawful permanent residents and Mexican nationals.

Activating Your Global Entry Card

To activate your card, log into your Global Online Enrollment System account. After you log in, click on the “Activate Membership Card” button under the Program Membership(s) section.

Using Your Global Entry Card

We accept Global Entry cards for lawful U.S. entry at land and sea ports of entry.

Global Entry cards have radio frequency identification chips, which enable their use at Secure Electronic Network for Travelers Rapid Inspection (SENTRI) and NEXUS travel lanes when entering the United States at the land borders. You must follow all program rules for SENTRI when using this card at the Southern land border ports of entry.

You may use this card for expedited entry into the United States via the SENTRI and NEXUS lanes. The card is not valid for entry into Canada via the NEXUS lanes.

Only your passport or lawful permanent resident card are accepted at Global Entry kiosks. The Global Entry card cannot be used at Global Entry kiosks. NEXUS cards are accepted at Global Entry kiosks located on Canadian Preclearance Airports.
Nile_US likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by americanentry
I ended up receiving the email within 24 hours so didn't have to call anybody. I recommend calling the local passport office and trying there. You do have to wait for the email since the ID in the email is different. Maybe try applying online again?
Thank you for the response. Till date NO EMAIL came for me ( more than 1 week). New application will cost another $100 and not sure if I will get the email again

I reached out to passport seva system and they confirmed my GEP data didn't came to their system. I was asked to reach out CBP for help.

Any advise how to reach CBP quickly to check the status of my application. ( Sent message via website & turn around time is 10-15 business days and customer care call usually is NOT very helpful for me.

Anyone applied for Background verification in INDIA without confirmation email from Passport seva system ?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by clicksurya
Thank you for the response. Till date NO EMAIL came for me ( more than 1 week). New application will cost another $100 and not sure if I will get the email again

I reached out to passport seva system and they confirmed my GEP data didn't came to their system. I was asked to reach out CBP for help.

Any advise how to reach CBP quickly to check the status of my application. ( Sent message via website & turn around time is 10-15 business days and customer care call usually is NOT very helpful for me.

Anyone applied for Background verification in INDIA without confirmation email from Passport seva system ?
No idea but try calling at one of the enrollment centers and see if they can help: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-centers
Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
has anyone managed to update their passport details online after getting a new passport????
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
has anyone managed to update their passport details online after getting a new passport????
Please take a look at the following thread:
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by TWA884
Please take a look at the following thread:
i saw that thread earlier today but just wanted to check if anyone from india has managed to update a new passport number online....most of the responses in that thread seem to be from u.s. citizens being able to update online while the one poster from australia was not able to do so....makes me wonder if anyone with a non-u.s. passport will face the same issue....

i've exhausted all my pages on my passport....i have a few spots left for an entry & exit stamp....just about enough for 1 more trip....i'm traveling to the u.s. later this month & have a connecting flight a little over an hour after i land at jfk....if i can't use global entry on this trip then i will probably miss my connection....

i went to the global entry site & i can see the option to update the passport number....i'm just worried that if the update errors out or for some reason it wants me to visit an enrollment center then i won't be able to use global entry this time & therefore miss my connecting flight....if anyone here has managed to update the new number online then it gives me the confidence to get a new passport & update the info online....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.