Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry for Citizens of India

Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
This thread in the India forum contains useful information on completing the requisite portion of the application process in India:

India joins US Global Entry programme

The following was copied verbatim from the DHS website:

Global Entry for Indian Citizens

How to Apply for Global Entry:

Citizens of India are eligible for Global Entry. Applications must be submitted through CBP’s Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) website. The non-refundable application fee for a five-year Global Entry membership is $100 and applications must be made online. Once the application is approved, a CBP officer will conduct a scheduled interview with the applicant and then make a final eligibility determination.

Application Process:
  1. Apply Online with CBP: Complete a TTP online application and pay the $100 non-refundable application fee.
  2. After completion of step ‘1’ applicants need to submit the requisite information, along with the applicable fee of ₹500, in the Passport Seva Portal, www.passportindia.gov.in for their background check in India. In addition to this, all Indian applicants must schedule an in-person interview at the respective Passport Seva Kendra/Passport Seva Laghu Kendra (PSK/PSLK) office as per their residential jurisdiction in India (as per the address furnished online). During the interview, Indian citizens will have their fingerprints and photo captured and complete other formalities. A visit to the PSK/PSLK is based on prior appointment only.
  3. If the applicant is not presently living in India, it is recommended that they apply for Global Entry prior to their next trip to India so that the appointment at the PSK/PSLK office can be completed during their visit.
  4. Schedule an Interview in the U.S.: Once your application is reviewed, you will receive a message in your TTP account instructing you to schedule an interview at one of the Global Entry Enrollment Centers. Global Entry Enrollment Centers are primarily located within the United States at ports of entry and designated CBP facilities.
  5. Interview Determines Your Eligibility: A U.S. Customs Border Protection officer will ask you questions, take your photo, and collect your fingerprints.
  6. Provide Identification: Bring your valid passport(s) and one other form of identification, such as a driver's license or ID card to the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your permanent resident card.

Other Benefits:

Once a citizen of India is enrolled in Global Entry, he/she will also be eligible to participate in TSA Precheck. Visit the TSA Precheck program website for more information.

Travel Requirements:

All Indian Global Entry members must have a valid passport and a valid visa. Global Entry members who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. lawful permanent residents must maintain updated visa information with CBP. If a Global Entry member obtains a new visa, or obtains a new petition for a work visa, the member must notify CBP in-person at a Global Entry enrollment center. A member must visit an enrollment center to have CBP add visa and/or update visa information. If the visa information is incomplete or not properly updated with CBP, the Global Entry kiosk may incorrectly calculate the member’s class of admission and admission date. A member must visit an enrollment center in-person to add or update visa information.

Last modified: May 17, 2018
Print Wikipost

Global Entry for Citizens of India

Old Sep 30, 2018, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser

have you started your ge application????if not then do that right away....apply for the interview at the passport office a few days before you get to india....
Thanks Keyser for the advice. I haven't started the application yet since I had read that you have 90 days to get the PSK interview done. Since I won't be in India before Jan, I thought I should wait a little before starting the process. Let me know if that isn't the case. Thanks again!
Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by americanentry
Thanks Keyser for the advice. I haven't started the application yet since I had read that you have 90 days to get the PSK interview done. Since I won't be in India before Jan, I thought I should wait a little before starting the process. Let me know if that isn't the case. Thanks again!
i'm not aware of the 90 days rule....it wasn't there when i applied but then again there was lots of confusion at that point & no one seemed to know what they were doing....we are already in october now so waiting a few weeks (to abide by the 90 day requirement) before applying won't make a difference....
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:52 am

Yea I am planning to wait until Oct end and then apply. Thanks again for your help!
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:57 am

Is a machine readable passport required for the GOES interview (after conditional approval)? My passport is technically machine readable but it doesn't work. Wondering if I should renew my passport before applying as well?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Is a machine readable passport required for the GOES interview (after conditional approval)? My passport is technically machine readable but it doesn't work. Wondering if I should renew my passport before applying as well?
if it doesn't work then you should get a new passport before applying for global entry....
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:13 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
To the best of my recollection, the interviewing officer just looked at my passport to verify identity and citizenship.

By the way, GOES is the acronym for the Global Online Enrollment System, the website which was previously used to enroll in and update or edit information for all the Trusted Traveler Programs: Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI and FAST. It was replaced by the TTP website. To avoid confusion, please use GE, not GOES, when referring to Global Entry.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
To the best of my recollection, the interviewing officer just looked at my passport to verify identity and citizenship.
that's true but the ge membership is linked to the passport so if the passport is not machine readable then it can't be used once you get approved....
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:55 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

that's true but the ge membership is linked to the passport so if the passport is not machine readable then it can't be used once you get approved....
An option to manually enter the passport number and other information is presented when the kiosk is unable to read the passport.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:03 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
As long as it has a machine-readable zone and isn’t considered to be a damaged passport of sorts, it can still be processed — at initial enrollment and during regular use after receiving final approval. But if the CBP rejects the passport due to damage concerns when at “the interview”, it’s within the realm of possible that you won’t get final approval until back with a new passport with a functioning MRZ for scanning purposes.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:24 pm

Thanks all for the helpful notes. Sounds like I can wait to get my passport renewed (it expires DEC 2020) as it is not "damaged". The earliest I can get GE is about a year from now anyway. @TWA884, the link you shared was very helpful. Also, point noted about TTP
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

An option to manually enter the passport number and other information is presented when the kiosk is unable to read the passport.
got it....^^
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: EY
Relative did their police verification in India on March 29, 2018. Nearly 200 days later and we are still waiting for any change in status on it Ridiculous. I know people who started the immigration process to Canada, completed it, and moved to Canada in that amount of time.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xobile
Relative did their police verification in India on March 29, 2018. Nearly 200 days later and we are still waiting for any change in status on it Ridiculous. I know people who started the immigration process to Canada, completed it, and moved to Canada in that amount of time.
mine took over 365 days from police verification to final approval so i can definitely understand the frustration....it is ridiculous how the indian government has handled this....
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:09 pm

Global entry card for Indian citizens

mine took over 365 days from police verification to final approval so i can definitely understand the frustration....it is ridiculous how the indian government has handled this....
Hey all,
Do Indian citizens who are approved for global entry receive a global entry card by mail after approval. Mine was approved after an interview in Sep and still waiting for a card in mail. I called rhe customer service and was told foreign nationals do not get a card in mail and have to use the passport at the kiosk machine. Any thoughts or updates on the same will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Ajay Kallem
Hey all,
Do Indian citizens who are approved for global entry receive a global entry card by mail after approval. Mine was approved after an interview in Sep and still waiting for a card in mail. I called rhe customer service and was told foreign nationals do not get a card in mail and have to use the passport at the kiosk machine. Any thoughts or updates on the same will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
That's correct.
Global Entry cards are issued only to members who are U.S. citizens, U.S. lawful permanent residents or Mexican nationals.
You may also want to take a look at the following thread:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.