Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry for Citizens of India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
This thread in the India forum contains useful information on completing the requisite portion of the application process in India:

India joins US Global Entry programme

The following was copied verbatim from the DHS website:

Global Entry for Indian Citizens

How to Apply for Global Entry:

Citizens of India are eligible for Global Entry. Applications must be submitted through CBP’s Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) website. The non-refundable application fee for a five-year Global Entry membership is $100 and applications must be made online. Once the application is approved, a CBP officer will conduct a scheduled interview with the applicant and then make a final eligibility determination.

Application Process:
  1. Apply Online with CBP: Complete a TTP online application and pay the $100 non-refundable application fee.
  2. After completion of step ‘1’ applicants need to submit the requisite information, along with the applicable fee of ₹500, in the Passport Seva Portal, www.passportindia.gov.in for their background check in India. In addition to this, all Indian applicants must schedule an in-person interview at the respective Passport Seva Kendra/Passport Seva Laghu Kendra (PSK/PSLK) office as per their residential jurisdiction in India (as per the address furnished online). During the interview, Indian citizens will have their fingerprints and photo captured and complete other formalities. A visit to the PSK/PSLK is based on prior appointment only.
  3. If the applicant is not presently living in India, it is recommended that they apply for Global Entry prior to their next trip to India so that the appointment at the PSK/PSLK office can be completed during their visit.
  4. Schedule an Interview in the U.S.: Once your application is reviewed, you will receive a message in your TTP account instructing you to schedule an interview at one of the Global Entry Enrollment Centers. Global Entry Enrollment Centers are primarily located within the United States at ports of entry and designated CBP facilities.
  5. Interview Determines Your Eligibility: A U.S. Customs Border Protection officer will ask you questions, take your photo, and collect your fingerprints.
  6. Provide Identification: Bring your valid passport(s) and one other form of identification, such as a driver's license or ID card to the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your permanent resident card.

Other Benefits:

Once a citizen of India is enrolled in Global Entry, he/she will also be eligible to participate in TSA Precheck. Visit the TSA Precheck program website for more information.

Travel Requirements:

All Indian Global Entry members must have a valid passport and a valid visa. Global Entry members who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. lawful permanent residents must maintain updated visa information with CBP. If a Global Entry member obtains a new visa, or obtains a new petition for a work visa, the member must notify CBP in-person at a Global Entry enrollment center. A member must visit an enrollment center to have CBP add visa and/or update visa information. If the visa information is incomplete or not properly updated with CBP, the Global Entry kiosk may incorrectly calculate the member’s class of admission and admission date. A member must visit an enrollment center in-person to add or update visa information.

Last modified: May 17, 2018
Print Wikipost

Global Entry for Citizens of India

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: DNA
Originally Posted by hydi
How are you guys getting these detailed status responses to the grievances? When I filed one, I got the same response as on the website:

Dear Sir/Madam, GEP verification process has been initiated on your application. Once inputs from all concerned Government Authorities are received, the report will be shared with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). No queries would be entertained in relation to your GEP application status at the Passport Offices and PSP Call centres. You may contact CBP for further updates on the processing of your GEP application. Your Sincerely, Public Grievance Cell(GO Role-1), Regional Passport Office, Hyderabad.
It is the same response we received whenever we submitted grievance. they say we are waiting for clearance from MHA, MOF etc blah blah blah
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:28 am

Reg global entry for Indians

My update was posted to share the information that conditional approvals are being granted by CBP as India side has started clearing since this month after MOF and MHA approvals
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:00 am

hi All,

I got my global entry application approved today. I am on H1b and I would just suggest everyone be patient. I would imagine Indian authorities are slowly clearing applications from last year. For reference, I had my PSK interview in Aug 2017. Good luck everyone!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:23 pm

So I got conditional approval a few weeks ago. I went for interview at Chicago downtown CBP office. After verifying my documents, the officer noticed that my current H1B visa expires on June 21. So he said he will approve my application once I email him my H1B extension I797 to him within 30 days. I received my I797 yesterday and emailed him the soft copy the same day. Today morning, I got a notification that my global entry application is approved. So, if you have a soon expiring H1B visa, you might be asked to show proof of I797 and eventually be approved.

Good luck everyone!
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:25 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

A recent question about how to notify the CBP of a change of address of a Global Entry member was moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 28, 2018 at 1:15 pm
Old Jun 27, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: Ettihad Guest
Hi All,
Did my interview today and I got approved. I went to the Enrollment on Arrival area but guess it's not started yet. They asked me to go to the GEP area at the exit of JFK Terminal 4 after immigration. I had an appointment as well. Reached 10 mt before appointment time. A CBP office asked me for my passport which I gave him. They called me about 10 minutes later. The office asked how many times I come and I replied once in 2-3 months. She said GEP is approved with TSApre. About 25 mts total time spent. Now happy traveling
Old Jun 28, 2018, 11:20 am

Guys ,

Need help with this. I am new to this thread and doesn't know much about the program.
  1. Apply Online with CBP: Complete a GOES online application and pay the $100 non-refundable application fee.
  2. After completion of step ‘1’ applicants need to submit the requisite information, along with the applicable fee of ₹500, in the Passport Seva Portal, for their background check in India. In addition to this, all Indian applicants must schedule an in-person interview at the respective Passport Seva Kendra/Passport Seva Laghu Kendra (PSK/PSLK) office as per their residential jurisdiction in India (as per the address furnished online). During the interview, Indian citizens will have their fingerprints and photo captured and complete other formalities. A visit to the PSK/PSLK is based on prior appointment only.

Trying to understand the above 2 points. So if I submit an application for myself today . how long do i have before I need to complete step2 which is to "submit the requisite information, along with the applicable fee of ₹500, in the Passport Seva Portalfor their background check in India"

The reason is , I will be travelling to India in Dec 2018. want to understand if it will be ok to submit the mail application now and wait for 5 months before submitting/scheduling the PSK interview later in November right before leaving for india.

Thanks
Old Jul 1, 2018, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
after waiting for over a year i finally got my conditional approval today....luckily i am in nyc right now so i've scheduled an appointment at jfk for tomorrow....
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:56 pm

Application approved from india

Applied for me and my wife in November gave passport verification in Mumbai in December got approval today in June.
emails come directly from TTP portal so wait patiently until you hear from them.

Apply for GEP roughly 2 weeks before you travel to India. Getting appointment in India is not a problem for passport verification. Mostly next day appointments available so don’t apply too ahead in advance.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by nreddy
Same here .. I applied for GEP in August 2017 in Hyderabad followed by Police verification completed in same month and waiting for the approval (10+ months) till date. Filed grievance with PSK for 2-3 times and got the same reply every time as "waiting for MHA and MoF clearance".
After waiting for 10 months, finally I have got the conditional approval yesterday and have to schedule the interview at Seattle.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
after waiting for over a year i finally got my conditional approval today....luckily i am in nyc right now so i've scheduled an appointment at jfk for tomorrow....
went for my interview today....took 2 minutes & i got approved....
TWA884 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
I received conditional approval yesterday - Now have to find an appointment that's not 2-3 months in the future!

I submitted my global entry application, online, in July 2017. Did my passport verification and PCC in India in December 2017.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:06 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by VPanda
I received conditional approval yesterday - Now have to find an appointment that's not 2-3 months in the future!
Congratulations.

Check often, as openings occur due to cancellations. Also, take a look at the following threads:
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
I have an interview scheduled in August at MSP - Checking every day for an earlier date.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:11 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
Applied in Jul 2017
India Appointment in Nov 2017
Conditional Approval - Jul 4, 2018
Interview Appointment - Jul 5 in SFO.

For those in SF, there are some blogs which explain how to get appointment faster. Do your research.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.