Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry for Citizens of India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
This thread in the India forum contains useful information on completing the requisite portion of the application process in India:

India joins US Global Entry programme

The following was copied verbatim from the DHS website:

Global Entry for Indian Citizens

How to Apply for Global Entry:

Citizens of India are eligible for Global Entry. Applications must be submitted through CBP’s Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) website. The non-refundable application fee for a five-year Global Entry membership is $100 and applications must be made online. Once the application is approved, a CBP officer will conduct a scheduled interview with the applicant and then make a final eligibility determination.

Application Process:
  1. Apply Online with CBP: Complete a TTP online application and pay the $100 non-refundable application fee.
  2. After completion of step ‘1’ applicants need to submit the requisite information, along with the applicable fee of ₹500, in the Passport Seva Portal, www.passportindia.gov.in for their background check in India. In addition to this, all Indian applicants must schedule an in-person interview at the respective Passport Seva Kendra/Passport Seva Laghu Kendra (PSK/PSLK) office as per their residential jurisdiction in India (as per the address furnished online). During the interview, Indian citizens will have their fingerprints and photo captured and complete other formalities. A visit to the PSK/PSLK is based on prior appointment only.
  3. If the applicant is not presently living in India, it is recommended that they apply for Global Entry prior to their next trip to India so that the appointment at the PSK/PSLK office can be completed during their visit.
  4. Schedule an Interview in the U.S.: Once your application is reviewed, you will receive a message in your TTP account instructing you to schedule an interview at one of the Global Entry Enrollment Centers. Global Entry Enrollment Centers are primarily located within the United States at ports of entry and designated CBP facilities.
  5. Interview Determines Your Eligibility: A U.S. Customs Border Protection officer will ask you questions, take your photo, and collect your fingerprints.
  6. Provide Identification: Bring your valid passport(s) and one other form of identification, such as a driver's license or ID card to the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your permanent resident card.

Other Benefits:

Once a citizen of India is enrolled in Global Entry, he/she will also be eligible to participate in TSA Precheck. Visit the TSA Precheck program website for more information.

Travel Requirements:

All Indian Global Entry members must have a valid passport and a valid visa. Global Entry members who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. lawful permanent residents must maintain updated visa information with CBP. If a Global Entry member obtains a new visa, or obtains a new petition for a work visa, the member must notify CBP in-person at a Global Entry enrollment center. A member must visit an enrollment center to have CBP add visa and/or update visa information. If the visa information is incomplete or not properly updated with CBP, the Global Entry kiosk may incorrectly calculate the member’s class of admission and admission date. A member must visit an enrollment center in-person to add or update visa information.

Last modified: May 17, 2018
Print Wikipost

Global Entry for Citizens of India

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: Global Entry, Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Looks like there's a batch of conditional approvals coming through. I just got mine this morning. PSK application submitted on Nov 15, 2017 followed by police verification a couple of days after that. H-1B visa, been in the US for the past 9 years.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:37 pm

Good to know some approvals happening today. Seems like most of you who got approvals today submitted the application end of November. I submitted mine end of october, but still no reply! Hopefully it clears soon!
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:18 pm

I just got conditionally approved! Just got an email from CBP TTP. Finally! Phew!

Submitted GEP application at PSK on October 25 2017
Police verification November 1st 2017
Approved June 7 2018

I have a question. My current H1B visa expires on June 21st. My i94 is valid till June 30. My H1B visa renewal petition was filed by premium processing just yesterday. There are dates available for interview tomorrow itself. Should I go ahead and schedule the interview? Will I be granted Global entry even if my visa expires in 2 weeks?

Also what documents should I take to the interview?

Last edited by siddhuv89; Jun 7, 2018 at 1:24 pm Reason: more information
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:33 pm

I got my conditional approval this morning.
Submitted GEP application at PSK: Oct-2017
Police Verification: Oct-2017
Conditional Approval: Jun-2018
siddhuv89 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by siddhuv89
I just got conditionally approved! Just got an email from CBP TTP. Finally! Phew!

Submitted GEP application at PSK on October 25 2017
Police verification November 1st 2017
Approved June 7 2018

I have a question. My current H1B visa expires on June 21st. My i94 is valid till June 30. My H1B visa renewal petition was filed by premium processing just yesterday. There are dates available for interview tomorrow itself. Should I go ahead and schedule the interview? Will I be granted Global entry even if my visa expires in 2 weeks?

Also what documents should I take to the interview?
Go for your interview ASAP. You can go to CBP to update visa information after your visa is renewed - though that most likely needs a new visa stamp.
siddhuv89 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:40 pm

Thanks. I am going to interview next week. Hopefully it will get approved. I don't have new visa yet. If my new H1b petition gets approved, I should travel to India to get a new visa stamp. What should I do until then? I hope the CBP officer doesn't question the soon expiring H1B visa. Also I have a 10 year B1/B2 visa as well.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:16 pm

I just got conditionally approved.

Submitted GEP application at PSK on October 03 2017
Police verification October 03 2017
Approved June 7 2018

What documents to take to the interview?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:37 pm

Hi All,

I've been following this thread closely and patiently over the last several months and just got conditionally approved.

Timeline:
1. GOES website application: October 2017
2. PSK Appointment at Bangalore (Sai Arcade): 15 November 2017. Had to go back with and forth with personnel at PSK on an address proof for India (my Indian passport was renewed with an address in the US). They finally submitted my application for a police verification after I submitted a proof of ownership of my property in Bangalore (which is also where my parents stay).
3. The police verification officer was very prompt, professional and accommodated my personal travel schedule to process my verification. He asked for a couple testimonials from neighbors, along with photographs at my residence. Since he was unfamiliar with GEP / GOES, he also requested I speak with the Superintendent of Police over the phone. He promptly passed my application on following verification.
4. After a patient wait, I received conditional approval today. Going to setup appointment at ORD at the earliest given my H1 expires in December 2018.

Cheers and good luck to all.
siddhuv89 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:00 pm

I scheduled my appointment at ORD on June 13th morning. I'll let you guys know how it went.

Good luck to all!
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:19 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cevian
Hi All,

I've been following this thread closely and patiently over the last several months and just got conditionally approved.

Timeline:
1. GOES website application: October 2017
2. PSK Appointment at Bangalore (Sai Arcade): 15 November 2017. Had to go back with and forth with personnel at PSK on an address proof for India (my Indian passport was renewed with an address in the US). They finally submitted my application for a police verification after I submitted a proof of ownership of my property in Bangalore (which is also where my parents stay).
3. The police verification officer was very prompt, professional and accommodated my personal travel schedule to process my verification. He asked for a couple testimonials from neighbors, along with photographs at my residence. Since he was unfamiliar with GEP / GOES, he also requested I speak with the Superintendent of Police over the phone. He promptly passed my application on following verification.
4. After a patient wait, I received conditional approval today. Going to setup appointment at ORD at the earliest given my H1 expires in December 2018.

Cheers and good luck to all.
It also bears reporting that even after conditional approval, the status of my PSK appointment at passport India website is unchanged (and unhelpful as ever). Following advice on this forum, I filed a grievance 3-4 weeks ago with no response.

"GEP Verification Process has been initiated on your application. Once inputs from all the concerned Government Authorities are received, the Report will be shared with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). No queries would be entertained in relation to your GEP application status at the Passport Offices and PSP Call Centre. You may contact CBP for further updates on the processing of your GEP application."
siddhuv89 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by DCRB
Yup same here. Got my police verification done in Delhi in mid-Oct and nothing yet (L visa). sigh. 7+ months is ridiculous.
Just like everyone else, got the conditional approval today. Mid-Oct to Nov timeframe is being cleared it seems. My wife got her police clearance done a week later in Mumbai, she hasn't received anything yet.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Srinivas_Kabbi
I just got conditionally approved.

Submitted GEP application at PSK on October 03 2017
Police verification October 03 2017
Approved June 7 2018

What documents to take to the interview?
I believe, passport, visa, driving license, utility bills, conditional approval letter.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:46 pm

I believe, passport, visa, driving license, utility bills, conditional approval letter.
Passport (visa will be in it) and driver's license (or other valid address proof).
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:20 pm

my visa got expired April 12. Would that cause a non approval in the interview? Of course i94 is still valid due to extension
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Srinivas_Kabbi

my visa got expired April 12. Would that cause a non approval in the interview? Of course i94 is still valid due to extension
I'm not sure. I have the same question too. If I'm right, I think you'll need some valid USA visa with you. If you have a B1/B2 visa that hasn't expired, maybe you can submit that during your interview. I think it should be accepted as this program is open to all Indians, even those on B1/B2 visa.

Last edited by siddhuv89; Jun 7, 2018 at 9:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.