Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Denied global entry effect entry into other countries

Old Jun 29, 17, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Hi. I wanted to know if one gets rejected for global entry application , do border entry agents from other countries such as canada see the rejection or have access to what the US agent types into the system?

In my interview i disclosed I had arrests which had been dropped or reduced to an ordinance fine, but after thoughtful consideration, I've decided I'd prefer to send as little information as possible and it's not worth the GE approval if I'm going to voluntarily hand over my records. It was apparent in my interview that the agent did not know of the arrests based off the line of questioning since I did have them expunged. ( both the arrests and lowered charge for the one incident ).

My concern now is that us customs noted this on the record and foreign customs sees this as a red flag. One of the arrests was for dui where the charges were dropped when my blood results came in well below the limit. I know canada has strict rules and I'm just curious if there's something I should be concerned about due to my own self admission.

I searched and I haven't been able to see if the information from GE is shared with other govts.

thanks

Last edited by Valley9999; Jun 29, 17 at 5:21 pm
Old Jun 29, 17, 7:16 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Moderator's Note:

Originally Posted by Valley9999 View Post
In my interview i disclosed I had arrests which had been dropped or reduced to an ordinance fine, but after thoughtful consideration, I've decided I'd prefer to send as little information as possible and it's not worth the GE approval if I'm going to voluntarily hand over my records. It was apparent in my interview that the agent did not know of the arrests based off the line of questioning since I did have them expunged. ( both the arrests and lowered charge for the one incident ).
This issue has been extensively discussed in the following threads:
Global Entry denial for failure to disclose expunged or old convictions

Global Entry With a Dismissed Arrest?
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 29, 17 at 7:24 pm Reason: Append
Old Jun 29, 17, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
It's also a duplicate thread.
Old Jun 29, 17, 9:26 pm

Location: Home:HKG formerly YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Google entering Canada with a DUI
Old Jun 29, 17, 11:46 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Moderator's Note:

Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
It's also a duplicate thread.
Originally Posted by tentseller View Post
Google entering Canada with a DUI
There is also a thread in the Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues forum:
Enter Canada with DUI
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Search this Thread