Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus vs GE: for Credit Card Reimbursements

Old Jun 20, 17, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Does any premium card reimburse Nexus in addition to GE? Most cards list GE and Precheck fees and Amex explicitly says they won't reimburse nexus.

How's chase or citi? Could you apply for two and get 2x$50 reimbursed ?

Thanks
Old Jun 21, 17, 4:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
No credit card refunds Nexus fees.

Nexus is $50 and GE is $100.
Old Jun 24, 17, 6:22 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
After renewing Nexus for me & my spouse earlier this year I called AMEX Platinum and politely complained because when we first got Nexus 5 years ago the reimbursement of $100 ($50 + $50) went through fine. I also mentioned there's a lot of competition from the Chase Reserve. The rep quickly reimbursed the $100. My advice, call & ask, " if you don't ask you don't get".

Last edited by rubesl; Jun 24, 17 at 6:37 am
Old Jun 26, 17, 4:07 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Exclamation Moderator's Note:

The Trusted Travelers forum is the place to ask for, offer and discuss practical advice and information directly related to the various Trusted Travelers programs.

This forum is not the place to argue whether premium credit card issuers should reimburse their cardholders for the NEXUS application fees as they do for some of the other trusted travelers programs; those discussions belong in the various credit card forums or the Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate forum.

Post(s) opining that premium credit card issuers should reimburse card holder for the NEXUS application fees have been deleted.

Thank you for understanding.

TWA884
Travel Safety Security co-moderator

Search this Thread