Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus approved with prior arrest. Will I be flagged when crossing the border?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Canadian here. Was arrested and charged with theft under earlier this year. 10$ item. Biggest mistake of my life. Anyway got invited for an interview and I fully disclosed the arrest when asked if I had ever been arrested before. CBP Officer asked about the incident and I plain out told him what happened. Charge was withdrawn by the judge. FYI there was no record of this on their system. CBSA officer confirmed there was nothing showing on CPIC. Anyway CBP told me to bring a court document stating that the charge had been withdrawn. Got the document went back a few days later and was approved for Nexus. This was a week ago.

One thing has been stuck in my mind ever since. I was honest and I disclosed my arrest even though there was nothing on the system. I brought court documents to show CBP that my charge was withdrawn. The officer scanned the document before approving me. Now I worry that because I provided something that they initially didn't have in their system, will this come back to bite my behind in the future ? Honestly I don't think I'll be using my nexus card even though I got approved for it. I kinda regret applying for it and having to disclose my arrest as it's now in the CBP system. When I cross the border later on this month, will I be flagged for having disclosed such arrest? Will I be sent to secondaryand be interrogated about the incident? Does anyone know if the scanned court document get stored somewhere indefinitely and will it be pulled up everytime my passport get swiped when crossing border? Or was it only used for the initial approval? If anyone can shed some light on this matter I'd greatly appreciate.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
If the charge was withdrawn then its the same as having never been charged. (Innocent until proven guilty). Just being charged or arrested for something doesn't affect your admissibility into the US. Your worrying about nothing and I don't think anything will ever come of it. Feel free to use your Nexus card, after all you applied for it.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:48 pm

Programs: GE
I would not worry about it.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:32 am

One thing you can do is apply for CPIC file and record destruction once the minimum time has passed as required by the local police station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.