Global Entry consistently fails

Old Jun 13, 17, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS BA
Global Entry consistently fails

I have had Global Entry for a year now and on all 4 occasions I have tried to use it the system comes up with a message saying my document is not recognised (and I end up at the back of the queue to see an officer!). I have contacted CBP who state everything is in order. I think it may be something to do with thr visa number I am listing on my APIS. Has anyone else had this issue and what was the solution?
Old Jun 13, 17, 6:57 am

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
You should go directly to a CBP office at the airport and talk to someone there with your passport and visa documents (beyond the physical visa in passport).
Old Jun 13, 17, 7:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Go to the Trusted Traveler (sub)forum here on FT for information about how GE works when you have a visa. IIRC there was a discussion about whether to scan your passport information (photo etc.) page into the GE kiosk versus using the visa page, with some people having been given the wrong information during their GE interviews.

If you have more than one visa number (maybe business and personal?) there might be an issue if only one is tied to your GE account.

Do you have a GE card? If so, then they probably shouldn't be sending you to the back of the regular line as you can *prove* that you have GE. I'd expect to go to the same CBP agent as GE people who get the X or circle on their receipt, which often is the line for diplomatic passports, although the setups and procedures at different airports can differ.
Old Jun 13, 17, 8:29 am
Moderator: Information Desk, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Hi zappedgb. As MSPeconomist notes, we have a forum dedicated to Trusted Traveler programs such as Global Entry. I'm going to move this thread to that forum, where you're more likely to get a greater volume of recommendations.

chgoeditor
co-moderator, Information Desk
Old Jun 14, 17, 8:28 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Club
Go to the office. I have NEXUS and had trouble on the Canadian side, I got IMM 1-1 (Immigration I, speak to a secondary officer) and each time they asked me a couple questions, said everything looked good, stamped my passport and sent me on my way.

Once I got a new work permit I went into the NEXUS office in Toronto Pearson and they said my expiring/expired work permit (it started sending me to secondary six days before my work permit expired) put a block on my NEXUS and they had lifted it. Fingers crossed that I'll get a normal reciept this Monday.

Regarding the passport page, my machine readable zone (text at the bottom of the passport ID page) is so worn that airport kiosks don't like it, which includes GE kiosks (where it will rarely scan). I can successfully scan one out of maybe ten times. I just click the button to find by document and punch in my passport number instead and everything works. Might be worth a shot to try that if CBP tells you everything appears in order on their end.

Search this Thread