Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Am I eligible to apply for Nexus? [Indian citizen, Canadian PR with US visa]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Hello All,

I went through the website on eligibility for Nexus but still not able to get clear information.

My situation:
I am an Indian Citizen....
1. Staying in Canada since November 2012 (first study permit and then work permit)
2. Got Canadian PR in April 2016
3. Have VISA to travel to USA, till 2023
4. Traveled to my home country twice
Jan 2015 to Mar 2015
Dec 2016 to Jan 2017
and
couple of times to USA (for short periods, 4 days each)

Am I eligible to apply for Nexus?. Hope anyone can help me on this.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by kvr007; May 29, 2017 at 12:24 pm
Old May 29, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by kvr007
Hello All,

I went through the website on eligibility for Nexus but still not able to get clear information.

My situation:
I am an Indian Citizen....
1. Staying in Canada since November 2012 (first study permit and then work permit)
2. Got Canadian PR in April 2016
3. Have VISA to travel to USA, till 2023
4. Traveled to my home country twice
Jan 2015 to Mar 2015
Dec 2016 to Jan 2017
and
couple of times to USA (for short periods, 4 days each)

Am I eligible to apply for Nexus?. Hope anyone can help me on this.

Thanks in advance
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexu...admis-eng.html

I think the residency rule applicable to you is three years, so you would be eligible for Nexus in April 2019.
Old May 10, 2018, 3:26 pm

Yes you can !

I am an Indian citizen with Canadian PR and today I got my nexus approved. Following was explained to me during the interview- 1) I get nexus card 2) I get global entry too and can use it just like American citizen. I have to use my USA visa (h1b) page through global entry kiosks to login. 3) I get TSA Pre too with no limitation.

To summarize, You should have either Canadian PR or citizenship to get nexus which will give you both global entry and TSA Pre. If not, then you have to apply for global entry program which supports some 10 to 20 countries, then you get TSA Pre as part of it.

Please vote this up guys as there seems to be lot of miscommunication about this one. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.