Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Application Employment, School & Residence History Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Application Employment, School & Residence History Questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2016, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My wife does not work. She did not have a problem getting Nexus.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 7:12 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Housewife applying for Global Entry?

My 2 and 4 year olds took 3 weeks to clear. I wouldn't worry.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:18 pm

Thanks so much for all the replies. You were all correct. I received conditional approval late today. Phew!
Old Mar 20, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: United, Delta, American, Jet Blue, Hilton, Marriott
Global Entry Application Employment History

I am filling out a Global Entry application. I am self-employed. I have worked for a number of different companies lasting from 2 weeks to 4 months. Do I need to provide my employment history? I don't know the exact dates of employment over the past 5 years.

If I leave it blank will it cause a problem with my application?

Thank you.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
It asked for my employment history as a UK applicant
Old Mar 21, 2016, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Self Employed worked fine for me - never asked about it later. You don't need to give specific employers (clients).
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:13 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
If you're paid on 1099s, then you're self-employed. You only need to list individual stints with clients if you received a W-2.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd say self-employed and indicate the nature of the business. It sounds like you're a sole proprietor and don't use another business name.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:15 pm

Questions about Global Entry Application Process

Hi all,

A few questions about the global entry application process:

1. In employment history section, do you have to put unpaid internships if they happened while you were a student? I have two of those. One of the internships was during the school semester, and one was during the summer between two semesters. Can I just put that I was a student the whole time?

2. Once you submit your application, how long does it normally take to get approved, and then to complete the interview?

3. Are they flexible in scheduling the interview time, or do they say you have to be here on X day at X time?

Thanks.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:34 pm

1. I don't know...

2. most people have been approved within a few weeks.

3. You have a specific appointment time that you select, it is for a specific day and time.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by schuylerolsson
Hi all,

A few questions about the global entry application process:

1. In employment history section, do you have to put unpaid internships if they happened while you were a student? I have two of those. One of the internships was during the school semester, and one was during the summer between two semesters. Can I just put that I was a student the whole time?

2. Once you submit your application, how long does it normally take to get approved, and then to complete the interview?

3. Are they flexible in scheduling the interview time, or do they say you have to be here on X day at X time?

Thanks.
Welcome to FT. In addition to what jetsetter777 has mentioned, here is a very long thread about Global Entry for you to digest http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...rrerid=22732.:)
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:30 pm

Global Entry - Medical Professional Self Employment

Hi everyone, I am filling in an application for my mother.

On the GE application, there's a section for employment, and I don't know how to fill this out.

My mom is self-employed registered nurse. She goes to patient's home to provide nursing services. She gets paid by the State (out of its medicare/medicaid fund). She isn't an employee of the state, she doesn't receive a W-2. She files self-employment taxes annually.

On the GE application, what should I fill in for her:

1. Employer?
2. Employer address?

Her patient cases vary over the course of the year. She may have consistent cases (often 2 or 3 at a time) for a year or so, then the patient dies or moves and she moves on to another case. This has been going for over the last 15 years.

Anyone in this situation know what's the best way to fill in this part of the application without failing this portion outright to get conditional approval?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is she an employee or a contract worker for some government agency? [How does she file her taxes? Does she get a W-2 form each year?]
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by mdosu

My mom is self-employed registered nurse. She goes to patient's home to provide nursing services. She gets paid by the State (out of its medicare/medicaid fund). She isn't an employee of the state, she doesn't receive a W-2. She files self-employment taxes annually.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:17 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by mdosu
Hi everyone, I am filling in an application for my mother.

On the GE application, there's a section for employment, and I don't know how to fill this out.

On the GE application, what should I fill in for her:

1. Employer?
2. Employer address?

Her patient cases vary over the course of the year. She may have consistent cases (often 2 or 3 at a time) for a year or so, then the patient dies or moves and she moves on to another case. This has been going for over the last 15 years.

Anyone in this situation know what's the best way to fill in this part of the application without failing this portion outright to get conditional approval?
I've merged your question into an existing thread discussing a similar issue. Please review the earlier messages and especially the one that I quoted below.

TWA884
Co-moderator, Travel Safety/Seucrity
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Self Employed worked fine for me - never asked about it later. You don't need to give specific employers (clients).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.