Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Correcting Errors on Global Entry Applications

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Correcting Errors on Global Entry Applications

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by televisor
Regarding height: I really wouldn't worry about this, I don't think anyone would care. However worst case you can go to an enrollment center, and get it fixed (I had to get my DOB fixed, I probably made a typo during the GE application...).

Regarding visa number: I've just noticed the same thing for me: GOES shows my passport number in the "Visa Number" field - and my actual (red) visa number isn't in GOES. I haven't had any issues using GE with that Visa, so it seems that GOES is just mislabelling the associated number.
Just noticed today that I got my DOB wrong (on passport, green card, and driver's license)
My application for Global entry got pre-approved, and I am supposed to schedule for an interview.

What should I do?
Do you thing I can ask them to correct DOB mistake during the interview? or should I re-apply (and re-pay $100) instead o taking the risk of them rejecting my application during the interview.
Appreciate your feedback.

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 24, 2018 at 8:21 pm Reason: Housekeeping
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Ali Ayoub
Just noticed today that I got my DOB wrong (on passport, green card, and driver's license)
My application for Global entry got pre-approved, and I am supposed to schedule for an interview.

What should I do?
Do you thing I can ask them to correct DOB mistake during the interview? or should I re-apply (and re-pay $100) instead o taking the risk of them rejecting my application during the interview.
Appreciate your feedback.
I would think GE is the least of your problems in this situation. Disclosing at a GE interview that all of your identity documents are incorrect does not strike me as a good idea. Either start working on fixing your primary documents first, or abandon your GE application now. Keep in mind - Free advice on the internet is worth nearly as much as you paid for it.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You need to speak with your LPR attorney about fixing the green card and then get the DL and passports fixed. Then worry about GE. The last thing you want to do is provide inconsistent information to CBP without having your lawyer deal with the issue and advise you first.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp
I would think GE is the least of your problems in this situation. Disclosing at a GE interview that all of your identity documents are incorrect does not strike me as a good idea. Either start working on fixing your primary documents first, or abandon your GE application now. Keep in mind - Free advice on the internet is worth nearly as much as you paid for it.
Sorry I wasn't clear in my question; the documents I have are correct. But the DOB as I filled it in the GE application was incorrect.
They ask about DOB as appears on passport/driver-license/green-card; the DOB I entered online in the form need to be corrected.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Ali Ayoub
Sorry I wasn't clear in my question; the documents I have are correct. But the DOB as I filled it in the GE application was incorrect.
They ask about DOB as appears on passport/driver-license/green-card; the DOB I entered online in the form need to be corrected.
Correcting information provided on a GE application at the GE interview is completely routine and should be easily accomplished.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 5:47 pm

Mistake filling the GE application

I submitted my GE application on June 3rd. The status is still pending review, so based on the other applicants on this forum I expect to have a response soon. Nevertheless, I realized I made a mistake when I inputed the Passport issuing date and expiration date. Is that something the officer can change at the intwerview??
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Rodrigo RC
I submitted my GE application on June 3rd. The status is still pending review, so based on the other applicants on this forum I expect to have a response soon. Nevertheless, I realized I made a mistake when I inputed the Passport issuing date and expiration date. Is that something the officer can change at the intwerview??
Welcome to FT. Yes, interview officer can change it.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:39 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
From my recent Global Entry renewal application:
Originally Posted by U.S. Customs and Border Protection | Trusted Traveler Programs

Note: You cannot make changes to an application once it is submitted. If you find errors, the Officer at the enrollment center will need to change your application for you.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:09 pm

Just realized I made a mistake on the birthplace in the global entry application. I put our current city and state as the birthplace by mistake. Is there any way to correct this? The application was conditionally approved. I am not sure if I will get denied when when go to the interview or can i correct it prior to that.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by frugaltraveller
Just realized I made a mistake on the birthplace in the global entry application. I put our current city and state as the birthplace by mistake. Is there any way to correct this? The application was conditionally approved. I am not sure if I will get denied when when go to the interview or can i correct it prior to that.
You are not the first one nor the last person making an error on your application. Just inform interview officer your error and s/he can easily correct it.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
You are not the first one nor the last person making an error on your application. Just inform interview officer your error and s/he can easily correct it.
Thank you, fingers crossed.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by frugaltraveller
Thank you, fingers crossed.
You are welcome, just make sure interview officer spells your birth city and state correctly.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:29 pm

I put my maiden name as my middle name (not the one written on my passport)

i realized that I made a mistake filling out the passport info part on the TTP online form. I put my maiden name instead of my actual middle name as written on my passport. Will this be a cause of outright denial of my application? And also, I have no teephone numbers written on my previous 2 employments in the past. Need some advice please. Thank u.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by curiousme26
i realized that I made a mistake filling out the passport info part on the TTP online form. I put my maiden name instead of my actual middle name as written on my passport. Will this be a cause of outright denial of my application? And also, I have no teephone numbers written on my previous 2 employments in the past. Need some advice please. Thank u.
Bring any corrections to your application to your interview. It is not possible to make corrections to an application prior to an interview. Remember, GE is an "extension" of your passport, so you can and should assume they already consider your issued passport as accurate, and it seems unlikely to me that minor errors such as those you mention would result in an application being denied prior to an interview.
curiousme26 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:39 pm

Thank you. I hope so. That made me feel a bit okay. By the way, I’m applying NEXUS. My passport is Canadian. I hope it doesn’t matter. Thanks. I wonder if there are other people who had the same issue here in the forum?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.