Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:39 pm

Applied UK Border Force Sun 25 Feb
Approved Mon 26 Feb

Applied TTP Global Entry Mon 26 Feb
Conditionally Approved Wed 14 Mar (16 days)
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: Air NZ*GE
Originally Posted by Newbie2FT
You're 'all good'. There is no residence requirement, only a citizenship requirement.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...-who-can-apply

https://www.gov.uk/global-entry-usa

More information about UK citizens and Global Entry is in this thread in the USA subforum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usa/1492972-uk-joining-global-entry-program-merged-threads.html
Originally Posted by techie
You have to apply to Home Office to get a code first. Living abroad long term may trip up their checks into you.
Cheers, living over in NZ for last 3 years but passing through US 3-4 times a year so keen to apply. Just wasn't sure re the home office checks, thanks! I'll give it a go an report back.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:16 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
You're 'all good'. There is no residence requirement, only a citizenship requirement.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...-who-can-apply

https://www.gov.uk/global-entry-usa

More information about UK citizens and Global Entry is in this thread in the USA subforum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usa/1492972-uk-joining-global-entry-program-merged-threads.html
The only exception is if your living in Canada (as a Permanent resident). The website will only let you apply for Nexus if that is the case (and you need to have lived in Canada for 3 years to be eligible).
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by reclusive46
The only exception is if your living in Canada (as a Permanent resident). The website will only let you apply for Nexus if that is the case (and you need to have lived in Canada for 3 years to be eligible).
Can you explain this more? Is there a specific question in the new TTP system's GE application at which a UK citizen is asked whether they are a Canadian permanent resident and then denied the opportunity to apply for Global Entry and instructed to apply for Nexus instead?

Last edited by Newbie2FT; Mar 15, 2018 at 12:07 pm
Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Can you explain this more? Is there a specific question in the new TTP system's GE application at which a UK citizen is asked whether they are a Canadian permanent resident and then denied the opportunity to apply for Global Entry and instructed to apply for Nexus instead?
I'm not 100% sure where it comes up. It might only be when you put your address as Canada but I seem to remember the first page asking if your a US green card holder or Canadian PR.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:40 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's action

Several posts discussing Global Entry eligibility for British citizens, not timelines, were moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Some misconceptions still. GE can be used regardless of carrier. It is TSA pre check that requires a participating carrier.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Gold
I am a UK citizen. I had my GE interview on 5th April at the temporary centre in London. I was told I was approved, to wait for the email. A week later, still haven't received the email approval and my status online says I am still on request interview stage. Is it normal to wait a week for the formal email approval? Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:36 pm

@EC2boy. Sounds like a similar experience to PelleX. See post# 4538.

<redacted - see below>.

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 12, 2018 at 3:39 pm Reason: Post was split. This is an answer to a question that was relocated here. Remaining content was left in the original thread
Old Apr 12, 2018, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Boot
@EC2boy. Sounds like a similar experience to PelleX. See post# 4538.

<redacted - see below>.
@Boot - thanks. If I don't hear back by next week, I'll book another interview and head back again!

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 12, 2018 at 3:01 pm Reason: Conform to moderator's edit of quoted post
Old Apr 12, 2018, 4:26 pm

@Bluestraw - out of interest, how long till you received email approval after your conditional approval interview? Still waiting for mine a week after interview. Not sure ifthat's normal
Old Apr 12, 2018, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by EC2boy
@Bluestraw - out of interest, how long till you received email approval after your conditional approval interview? Still waiting for mine a week after interview. Not sure ifthat's normal
I've got my interview next Wednesday, so will let you know what happens after that!
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:30 am

I had my interview last week and was also told approved at the time and email would follow within 24 hours. It arrived within 1. Same with others who I know had appointments the same day.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Bluestraw
I've got my interview next Wednesday, so will let you know what happens after that!
I had my interview last week - very simple, she didn't ask me any questions just took photo and fingerprints. She told me I was approved at the time, and I got the email update about 10 minutes later.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:22 am

Update from me. I had my interview and was given verbal approval. My application then got stuck due to a technical issue. It took a couple of phone calls to the nice CBP officer at the London embassy and about three weeks and then it went through within 10 minutes of the second phone call. Hope that helps anyone else if they get caught in a similar tech glitch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.