Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

What Documents are Required/Acceptable for the Global Entry Interview?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Documents are Required/Acceptable for the Global Entry Interview?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Newbie2FT
Re naturalization certificate for passport: Hmm, that's odd. The instructions for Form DS-11 ("Application for a U.S. Passport") say:

"WHAT TO SUBMIT WITH THIS FORM: 1. PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP: Evidence of U.S. citizenship AND a photocopy of the front (and back, if there is printed information) must be submitted with your application. The photocopy must be on 8 ˝ inch by 11 inch paper, black and white ink, legible, and clear."

Did you get expedited or same-day service at a U.S. Passport Agency regional office? (Because they can process the passport within the office, they might have been more willing to use the original for all the verification steps?) Or, if you submitted your application at a post office, maybe the postal clerk did you a favor and made the photocopy for you?

Re USCIS: That's great news. I'm glad it worked out for you. Did the office seem very busy? How long did you wait, and how long did the process take? Did the front-door security try to send you away because you lacked an appointment?

And, yeah, it's confusing that the instructions explicitly say to "be sure to bring your original naturalization certificate and a copy of it . . . . A USCIS officer will review the documents and may certify the copy" -- when in fact, they don't trust people at all and want to make their own copies!

And the fact that the Form G-24 attachment is even added to a simple photocopy certification is sort of interesting, ya?

Looks like you're all set for your Global Entry interview. Like I said, it's unlikely the CBP officer will even ask for the certificate but at least you have the certified copy -- and it would be nuts if (s)he didn't accept a certified copy at all. Congrats on finishing the preliminary hurdles.
Good morning and happy Friday!
You are right about the USP, they did mention copies, but they def wanted the original NC(which they mail back a week in to the application submission). #memoryfail #again

GE - yes, I'm def. relieved for not having to carry the original NC with me.(fingers crossed).
So before the walk-in, I check the normal busy hours and planned around that. At the security check point, I presented my appointment notice(for next week) and explained why I was doing an early walk in. Thankfully the security guard was patient enough hear my story. After the expected 'we don't normally do this' part, he was kind enough to make a few calls to get the ball rolling. By the time I was done with the security part, a USCIS officer was waiting to help me. Stars aligned and I was out within 30 mins with my certified copy.
To my pleasant amusement, a group of freshly naturalized walked out after the oath ceremony while I was waiting on the officer to make the copies. Brought back so many memories, making me smile ear to ear. Big families, small families, some ecstatic, some prolly daunted by the amount of paper work that followed, but overall a joyful satisfaction of having completed a major journey!

In-case, I don't log back in before, Wish all the FT-ers and their families a warm thanksgiving!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by krisk17
Good morning and happy Friday!
You are right about the USP, they did mention copies, but they def wanted the original NC(which they mail back a week in to the application submission). #memoryfail #again

GE - yes, I'm def. relieved for not having to carry the original NC with me.(fingers crossed).
So before the walk-in, I check the normal busy hours and planned around that. At the security check point, I presented my appointment notice(for next week) and explained why I was doing an early walk in. Thankfully the security guard was patient enough hear my story. After the expected 'we don't normally do this' part, he was kind enough to make a few calls to get the ball rolling. By the time I was done with the security part, a USCIS officer was waiting to help me. Stars aligned and I was out within 30 mins with my certified copy.
To my pleasant amusement, a group of freshly naturalized walked out after the oath ceremony while I was waiting on the officer to make the copies. Brought back so many memories, making me smile ear to ear. Big families, small families, some ecstatic, some prolly daunted by the amount of paper work that followed, but overall a joyful satisfaction of having completed a major journey!

In-case, I don't log back in before, Wish all the FT-ers and their families a warm thanksgiving!
Well, if you have to go through a bureaucratic hurdle, that sounds like a surprisingly not-bad way to do it. And, yes, it definitely does bring a touch of joy to see a batch of new Americans with their new naturalization certificates. Oh, and there was no charge, yeah?

Thanks for the info, and have great travels and an excellent Turkey Day! Looking forward to hearing how the document portion of the GE interview goes.

Last edited by Newbie2FT; Nov 17, 2017 at 9:47 am
Old Nov 25, 2017, 4:49 pm

My interview is tomorrow and I haven't received any letter in the mail. Is this common? I will only have my passport, DL (showing an older, non-current address) and a bank statement to bring.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Newbie2FT
Well, if you have to go through a bureaucratic hurdle, that sounds like a surprisingly not-bad way to do it. And, yes, it definitely does bring a touch of joy to see a batch of new Americans with their new naturalization certificates. Oh, and there was no charge, yeah?

Thanks for the info, and have great travels and an excellent Turkey Day! Looking forward to hearing how the document portion of the GE interview goes.
Good morning FT peeps,
Quick update on my interview process:
During my overseas trip, I got an email from GE saying I could complete my partial application on arrival at any international airport.(This was despite my scheduled appointment at DFW yesterday) So the first thing I did after landing, was to check with the GE staff by the kiosks if I could do a walk in interview. He confirmed, directing me to a specific gate.
It was still early in the morning, so there were no lines. I got to the gate and found a very helpful officer, who first took my picture, then finger prints followed by a few questions about my travels. I had the certified NC in hand, but all the officer needed was my application number(in the interview notice) and passport.
She confirmed my approval and mentioned the confirmation email could take up to 24hrs . She suggested putting the approval to test at the GE kiosks. So I went back and it worked flawlessly. 15 mins later, just as I was getting done with customs, my phone flashed with the approval confirmation email notification.

Couldn't have gone smoother, but for the slight technical trouble with the scanner :P
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:02 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Note

If you wish to continue discussing the enrollment interview on arrival process, please do so in the following thread:
Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Last edited by TWA884; Nov 30, 2017 at 9:09 am
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by krisk17
Good morning FT peeps,
Quick update on my interview process:
During my overseas trip, I got an email from GE saying I could complete my partial application on arrival at any international airport.(This was despite my scheduled appointment at DFW yesterday) So the first thing I did after landing, was to check with the GE staff by the kiosks if I could do a walk in interview. He confirmed, directing me to a specific gate.
It was still early in the morning, so there were no lines. I got to the gate and found a very helpful officer, who first took my picture, then finger prints followed by a few questions about my travels. I had the certified NC in hand, but all the officer needed was my application number(in the interview notice) and passport.
She confirmed my approval and mentioned the confirmation email could take up to 24hrs . She suggested putting the approval to test at the GE kiosks. So I went back and it worked flawlessly. 15 mins later, just as I was getting done with customs, my phone flashed with the approval confirmation email notification.

Couldn't have gone smoother, but for the slight technical trouble with the scanner :P
Thanks for that update. I'm glad it worked out for you. And as predicted, the passport alone did the trick.

My guess is that so few people include documents other than passports on their GE / NEXUS / SENTRI applications for proof of citizenship and admissibility (like birth certificates, naturalization certificates, citizenship certificates), that the CBP officers don't know to ask for those documents even if they were entered into the application. Or maybe the officers are given some discretion in their document requests, as long as one document that proves citizenship and U.S. admissibility is presented.

Hmm, I wonder if you received the email invitation because you had conditional approval with no interview completion, or because you had an interview scheduled and pending.

In any case, at least the trip to USCIS wasn't a waste, as a certified copy of your naturalization certificate in a bank safe deposit box might come in handy one day (although hopefully you'll never need to find out!).
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by savekenny
My interview is tomorrow and I haven't received any letter in the mail. Is this common? I will only have my passport, DL (showing an older, non-current address) and a bank statement to bring.
Quick update: In the end, I never received any letter in the mail. I showed up on the date of the appointment, I was asked for passport, DL and a proof of address (my bank statement sufficed). I've since received my actual GE card in the mail.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:16 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation Moderator's Action

A recent post discussing an airport experience and which had nothing to do with the documentation needed for the Global Entry enrollment interview was moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:05 am

Hi All,

My GE Interview is scheduled for tomorrow. When I completed my application, I used my old out of state DL number. I have since received a new license (although temporary as Georgia mails out the permanent license and give you a paper temp) and it has my current address and information. Would I need to bring any other supporting documentation to show my residency or should I be ok with the new temporary?

Thanks for your help
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:19 pm

Proof of Residence

I don't have proof of residence such as the required lease or utility bills or pay stubs since Im retired and stay with friends. What else can I use to prove I am a resident?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Obtain a notarized statement from your friends, provide originals of mail from known entities such as banks, your former employer (retirement), government agencies, and the covers of magazines and other routine mail you receive.

Drivers license, non-driver ID, library card?

Just come up with as much secondary evidence as you can.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serpens
I too have my mailing address on my driver's license rather than my physical address, but I was asked for something with the physical address (which I had).
I live on an Indian Reservation where the USPS doesn't deliver to my physical address. My license, utility bills, credit card bills, and even my voter registration materials have my PO Box address on them. I did put my physical address (it's a number primarily used for local law wnforcement / emergency response purposes) on the application, but the only things I have with that address on it are shipping labels from packages delivered by FedEx or UPS. Should I cut out one of these shipping labels (along with the underlying cardboard) and bring it to my interview?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by kale73
I live on an Indian Reservation where the USPS doesn't deliver to my physical address. My license, utility bills, credit card bills, and even my voter registration materials have my PO Box address on them. I did put my physical address (it's a number primarily used for local law wnforcement / emergency response purposes) on the application, but the only things I have with that address on it are shipping labels from packages delivered by FedEx or UPS. Should I cut out one of these shipping labels (along with the underlying cardboard) and bring it to my interview?
I don't see that as being a problem. I'm sure that you are not the only one who lives in an area where the USPS does not deliver to the residential address to have applied for Global Entry.

Out of curiosity, don't your utility bills have a service address (as opposed to where the bills are sent)?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
Out of curiosity, don't your utility bills have a service address (as opposed to where the bills are sent)?
No, they do not. I suppose the Navajo Tribal Utility Authority has that information somewhere in their files since they have no problem finding us for service calls. But the physical address is not printed on our monthly invoices.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:23 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kale73
Take the boxes/packages (empty or otherwise) with the physical address on it for package delivery purposes. While technically it may not meet proof of residential address, it has worked before with GE applications even in areas where it flops for voter registration purposes. If the package comes from a bank or cell phone company, all the better from what I know.

If your GE interview is at CBP location near a Native American reservation and has a history of getting fellow tribal membership applicants who primarily reside on such a reservation or other area where homes are not served by the USPS directly, they are likely to be less fussy about this than if trying to do it at say the Reagan ITC building in DC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.