Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

What Documents are Required/Acceptable for the Global Entry Interview?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Documents are Required/Acceptable for the Global Entry Interview?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2017, 1:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I didn't have to show anything except for the letter for my NEXUS interview. I'm a green card holder (LPR) and Dutch citizen.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
Do I need both B Cert and Passport for Global Entry App?

I am applying for global entry for my husband and I. Do I need to provide our birth certificate and passport information on the application? I am a little confused on the application after I put in our passport information because it seems like it is asking for another form of identification. Seem like passport and our drivers license would be fine. We are both US citizens. Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:00 pm

No, you do not need to add your birth certificate. Your passport is sufficient for admissibility and citizenship documents on the GE application. The birth certificate option is there to apply for NEXUS without a passport.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:22 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Carter29072
I am applying for global entry for my husband and I. Do I need to provide our birth certificate and passport information on the application? I am a little confused on the application after I put in our passport information because it seems like it is asking for another form of identification. Seem like passport and our drivers license would be fine. We are both US citizens. Thanks
I've merged your question into an existing thread on this topic.

In my experience, passport and driver's license were sufficient to prove identity, citizenship and address.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA Exp; 1 MM
Address verification - digital document?

Hi folks, does anyone have experience with taking in digital version of document for address verification?

Is it enough to show the document on my smartphone (e.g. Utility Bill or Lease)?

My Drivers License has mailing address on it, which is consistent, but thinking that they will ask for physical address proof. My utility bill is electronic only.

Or do they accept your showing them that you can log into the account and see the bill?

Considering going into SFO enrollment center.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by sfredeye
Hi folks, does anyone have experience with taking in digital version of document for address verification?

Is it enough to show the document on my smartphone (e.g. Utility Bill or Lease)?

My Drivers License has mailing address on it, which is consistent, but thinking that they will ask for physical address proof. My utility bill is electronic only.

Or do they accept your showing them that you can log into the account and see the bill?

Considering going into SFO enrollment center.
Not a direct answer, but mine asked only for passport and DL, and every report except one I've seen on the other threads (now this thread I think, since it was moved) said passport and DL were all that was required. The one exception the person had a DL with an old address not the one on the application.

Last edited by maverick17; Apr 11, 2017 at 12:47 am
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA Exp; 1 MM
Originally Posted by maverick17
Not a direct answer, but mine asked only for passport and DL, and every report except one I've seen on the other threads (now this thread I think, since it was moved) said passport and DL were all that was required. The one exception the person had a DL with an old address not the one on the application.
Completed Interview today, and can confirm these. Also need print out of the Conditional Approval Notification.

Also to those wondering - I have mailing address on my DL, which is different from physical address, but no questions were asked for anything additional.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sfredeye
Completed Interview today, and can confirm these. Also need print out of the Conditional Approval Notification.

Also to those wondering - I have mailing address on my DL, which is different from physical address, but no questions were asked for anything additional.
I too have my mailing address on my driver's license rather than my physical address, but I was asked for something with the physical address (which I had).
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Reading through this, a doubt has crept into my mind, even though I have my conditional approval...

I am a US citizen resident in Chile for the last 8 years. I have a US mailing address (my Mom's house) which is the address on my DL, but my physical residence is in Chile. This was all indicated on the application, which has been conditionally approved, as I mentioned, so I presume "residency" won't be an issue, but do I need to bring proof of my foreign address?

I have never seen in any FAQ or thread about GE that eligibility was restricted to only those people resident in the USA, so I'm unsure of what I need to bring to meet the proof of residency requirement. Any thoughts?
Old May 23, 2017, 6:12 am

GE language of documents needed

Hi,

I have a Q regarding the requirements for bringing Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc.

I have no problem providing such a document (got a pay slip, n electricity bill and a credit card statement) however none of the documents I have are in English. Dutch, French German, all no problem as they are official languages in Belgium (not a BE citizen, btw ).
Anybody had a similar issue ? Are translations needed, if yes to what level of certification (notarized, apostilled, …) ?
Old May 23, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by zpaul
Reading through this, a doubt has crept into my mind, even though I have my conditional approval...

I am a US citizen resident in Chile for the last 8 years. I have a US mailing address (my Mom's house) which is the address on my DL, but my physical residence is in Chile. This was all indicated on the application, which has been conditionally approved, as I mentioned, so I presume "residency" won't be an issue, but do I need to bring proof of my foreign address?

I have never seen in any FAQ or thread about GE that eligibility was restricted to only those people resident in the USA, so I'm unsure of what I need to bring to meet the proof of residency requirement. Any thoughts?
To answer my own question, they didn't ask for anything relating to this. Zip. Nada. A non-issue in my interview.
Old May 23, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by jak456
Hi,

I have a Q regarding the requirements for bringing Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc.

I have no problem providing such a document (got a pay slip, n electricity bill and a credit card statement) however none of the documents I have are in English. Dutch, French German, all no problem as they are official languages in Belgium (not a BE citizen, btw ).
Anybody had a similar issue ? Are translations needed, if yes to what level of certification (notarized, apostilled, …) ?
I used a german-language document for proof of address. As long as the address is clearly visible I'm guessing it's fine. (My document was however an ID with photo.) The agents did ask what exactly it was.
Old May 23, 2017, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
CBP (DHS) has more than ample translation capability. Needless to say, an English language document may smooth the process, but if all you have is non-English, bring that. If the Officer cares to check, he can make a copy and have the document checked.

Bear in mind that CBP has all of the information you have. You are simply providing some form of proof as an additional means of verifying that you are who you say you are.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:01 am

Thanks for the answers to my Q!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by BuBu4
i got GE for my mom a week ago. she said they didnt ask her anything, they just chit chatted about the city( we were visiting the city). They did took more time cuz the system was down at the time.
Hi, other than your passport (I am canadian) and my driver license, is there anything else I need to take to the interview?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.