Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

What Documents are Required/Acceptable for the Global Entry Interview?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Documents are Required/Acceptable for the Global Entry Interview?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by jeeden
The conditional approval letter can be accessed by clicking on the link in GOES and then selecting print. Your "message inbox" on the site should show a conditional approval notification and on the right you will see a blue button that says "read notification." Once clicked, you can then print.

I submitted on 5/13 after, was conditionally approved on 5/19, original appointment at Dulles Airport was 6/27, then after some refreshes I picked up 6/17. Then I got serious and did some reading and figured out how to make my computer "watch" the calendar for May and alert me when there was a change. Last Saturday an opening came up for 1:15 today (5/24) and I'm about to leave now for my appointment
my issue was that the letter didn't show up until last night. Three days after the website said I was approved. Before that, my message box was empty.
Old May 24, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
then after some refreshes I picked up 6/17. Then I got serious and did some reading and figured out how to make my computer "watch" the calendar for May and alert me when there was a change.
Can you share with us how do you make your computer "watch" the calendar for May and alert you when there was a change?
Old May 24, 2016, 10:03 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Please stay on topic

The subject of this thread is documents that are necessary for the Global Entry interview, not scheduling the interviews.

There are several threads discussing the logistics of scheduling interviews and availability of walk-in interviews.

Please discuss interviews availability and scheduling in those threads or use the private messaging system to follow up on off-topic remarks in posts that are otherwise mostly relevant to the topic of this thread.

Off-topic posts will be deleted without further notice.

Thank you for understanding.

TWA884
Co-moderator, Travel Safety/Security
Old May 24, 2016, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Can you share with us how do you make your computer "watch" the calendar for May and alert you when there was a change?
Just for a data point, the office at Dulles DID ask me for my printed form. I'm not sure what they would have said if I didn't have it.

1KChinito, I'll send you a private message about the technique <deleted by moderator>

Last edited by TWA884; May 24, 2016 at 2:48 pm Reason: snide remark / comment on moderation
Old May 24, 2016, 6:59 pm

Just for a data point, the office at Dulles DID ask me for my printed form. I'm not sure what they would have said if I didn't have it.

1KChinito, I'll send you a private message about the technique <deleted by moderator>
Can you send it to me as well?
Old May 27, 2016, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Conditional Approval Letter
If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them to the interview so that the information can be added to your file. This provides you with the ability to use either passport at the Global Entry kiosk
I think I know the answer, and I feel really silly asking, but...

My wife and kids are dual-citizens. Does this mean they need to bring both the US and Swedish passports? Or is this statement for people who carry multiple US passports.
Old May 27, 2016, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I think I know the answer, and I feel really silly asking, but...

My wife and kids are dual-citizens. Does this mean they need to bring both the US and Swedish passports? Or is this statement for people who carry multiple US passports.
Answer is both:
1. U.S. and Swedish passports
2. People who carry multiple U.S. passports

Purpose is if you will be using multiple passports, then they can scan all passports into the system for you to utilize Global Entry benefits.
Old May 27, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Purpose is if you will be using multiple passports, then they can scan all passports into the system for you to utilize Global Entry benefits.
I don't quite understand the concept, really. Does that mean if my child loses her US passport, she can re-enter the US using her Swedish passport at the GE kiosk without issues?
Old May 27, 2016, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by televisor
Still best to bring all documentation to interviews, but using a Swedish passport as a US citizen to enter the US is liable to getting messy. Never mind the ESTA being needed, then the GE machines might get confused. If you do have to travel like this you'll probably want to get manually processed so you don't get admitted as a foreigner. I can imagine CBP not liking a US trusted traveller "losing" their US passport either.
I absolutely agree. Of course my family will always enter the US with their US passports. The US has a "don't ask, don't tell" policy regarding multiple citizenships, so I still don't understand the need to bring their Swedish passports. I will bring them to the interview, of course.

Then again, when we enter Sweden, and the three show their Swedish passports, the border agent will page through them then ask for their US passports, too.
Old May 28, 2016, 7:26 am

The US has a "don't ask, don't tell" policy regarding multiple citizenships, so I still don't understand the need to bring their Swedish passports. I will bring them to the interview, of course.
Please do ask your interviewer the reason why and let us know. At the mean time, do what they ask you or your application will be denied.
Old May 29, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: DL: PM, Marriott: Gold, Hilton: Gold
I had my interview at MCO on Friday (total time <3 minutes from when I walked in the door). They asked if I had brought a copy of the pre-approval letter (I did) and my passport and that was it. I expected to at least need Drivers' License but they never asked for it. I received my approval email as I was driving home from the airport.
Old May 29, 2016, 12:34 pm

Just as an update: in spite of the delay until I received the conditional acceptance letter on the website, I ended up not even needing it. They never asked to see it even once. I arrived to my appt at noon, 45 min early (surprisingly no traffic), I was done before 12.30. They took my passport and drivers license, called me back for the usual rigmarole and done. Said I should receive the email within 48h (I had the email by 2pm).
Old May 31, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: 1 thousand
I absolutely agree. Of course my family will always enter the US with their US passports. The US has a "don't ask, don't tell" policy regarding multiple citizenships, so I still don't understand the need to bring their Swedish passports. I will bring them to the interview, of course.

Then again, when we enter Sweden, and the three show their Swedish passports, the border agent will page through them then ask for their US passports, too.
The US might very well have a "don't ask, don't tell" "policy", but that doesn't apply to GE, which is very much run under a "tell us everything" policy. I remember being asked to declare all citizenships during the application, so they will probably know about your dual citizenship (assuming you correctly/truthfully completed the declaration). Whether or not they care about your other passports is of course a separate issue.

I was told I should bring along additional passports if/when I gain any other citizenships (I'm being naturalised in another, non-GE eligible, country - I got GE due to my first non-american citzenship), but it's entirely unclear whether that was so that (A) they had a complete record of my citizenship or (B) just to be able to use GE on it (this new country is also ESTA eligible, i.e. I'd still be using the same entry process on either passport) - I can ask them if/when that happens.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My family's Swedish passports were in plain sight to the officer, but he never asked for them. Therefore, we did not give them to him.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:02 am

Smile

Hi guys interview scheduled for Tuesday evening just want to make sure I have everything I need......conditional approval letter, passport, drivers license and a mortgage statement? Has anyone been asked for anything else? TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.