Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

What Documents are Required/Acceptable for the Global Entry Interview?

What Documents are Required/Acceptable for the Global Entry Interview?

Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:12 pm

For the interview, I bring US Passport and driver's license with current address. Anything else? Older blogs mention a printout of the approval email, but I never received an email, I checked the website every day and was able to schedule an interview once I saw "conditionally approved". Nor any emails confirming a scheduled appointment time.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: AS Gold (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by klew97
Older blogs mention a printout of the approval email, but I never received an email.
Your letter of conditional approval can be found by logging into your TTP account, View Interview Confirmation (I would think.)
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:11 pm

I had my interview recently at EWR. While I got through it okay, I was taken by surprise when I was asked for proof of my home address. Now, reading this topic, I see that other people have been caught like this. I believe I brought everything that was listed as required but I had no physical proof of my address. My driving license has only a PO box address. The interviewer suggested that I might be able to show some proof online. I assumed (foolishly) that he meant I could use his computer for this purpose....but no, that was not allowed. Fortunately I had my laptop with me; so I fired it up and with airport wi-fi I was able to open my bank's website with details of my account showing my street address.
Old May 20, 2019, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by klew97
Older blogs mention a printout of the approval email, but I never received an email, I checked the website every day and was able to schedule an interview once I saw "conditionally approved". Nor any emails confirming a scheduled appointment time.
not sure if you found it already or not, but your letter will be under the notifications button at the top. Open that itll give you a link to download your letter. Not sure what a desktop looks like exactly but it works like that for my Android phone.
Old May 23, 2019, 4:36 pm

Arrow

When I went for my interview I gave them my D.C. non-drivers ID (if you drive provide your DL), my passport book and a bank statement (for proof of residency).
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA
@maninblack My brother has recently turned 18 and has been conditionally approved for GE. He was born in the US but has never had residence in the US but will be attending University in California in about a month. We are flying through MIA and he was planning on doing EOA there. What residency proof should he provide?
Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: CBP
None needed when doing EoA. We don't expect people to be traveling with their electric/mortgage bills. I had that same concern when we started EoA at my port.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by maninblack
None needed when doing EoA. We don't expect people to be traveling with their electric/mortgage bills. I had that same concern when we started EoA at my port.
Thanks, that is good to know.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:29 pm

Is there a list of acceptable residency docs for GE?

I searched and also tried to call the local CBP office to no avail - I have a GE interview next week (first time) and it says if the address on my driver's license is different than my current address I need to bring proof of residency such as rent payments, utility bills, etc.

Although my address is updated with CA DMV, the address printed on my license is different. I am wondering if my cell phone bill will suffice as all utilities are paid for by my landlord. I also have a copy of the lease from 2015, however it states that it expires one year after. So I have actually been month-to-month for like 4 years. This caused me a problem several years ago when trying to establish my residence when dealing with the local postmaster after an ex-g/f put a hold on my mail. I actually ended up having to sign a new lease with my landlord because of it!

TIA
RP
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
You didn't mention the passport you hold. If US Passport, residency is generally not an issue.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:57 pm

Sorry, I probably should have seen residence instead of residency. I am a US citizen with US passport. I think they just want to make sure you actually are a resident where you say you are.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:04 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

Hello @RastaPasta,

I've merged your question into the relevant thread.

Examples listed by the CBP are driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc.

FlyerTalk members' experiences are provided in numerous posts in this thread.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Hi there,

I didn't realize I needed something with my address on it, and they are saying the next available appt is one month after my next international trip. I have a long layover in Dallas, before going to HKG, and was thinking to see if there was a like a "standby" line, assuming people with scheduled appointments would cancel. I'm just confused when I did this a few years ago, It was so fast, got a conditional approval and interview in what felt like a week.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by AAdamE
Hi there,

I didn't realize I needed something with my address on it, and they are saying the next available appt is one month after my next international trip. I have a long layover in Dallas, before going to HKG, and was thinking to see if there was a like a "standby" line, assuming people with scheduled appointments would cancel. I'm just confused when I did this a few years ago, It was so fast, got a conditional approval and interview in what felt like a week.
You don't have a driver's license? They specified Driver's license and Passport on my interview confirmation
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by dugfresh
You don't have a driver's license? They specified Driver's license and Passport on my interview confirmation
I do, I moved, and I have not gotten a new DL...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.