Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry / NEXUS pending application, how do I correct/change/update information?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry / NEXUS pending application, how do I correct/change/update information?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:56 pm

GE - some info changed after interview

I had the interview a few days ago, and today I'm looking at my account. There are 2 changed values:

- height 1 inch less
- Visa number, changed to my Mexican passport number

I'm sure I put the correct numbers. There is no way I put the passport number for the visa number.

At the interview they told me to scan the visa, but thanks to @televisor I saw a few posts about people that are not US persons, scan their passport and not their visas. Maybe that's why they changed the visa number to the passport number? Because I need to scan my passport and not the visa.

I think I'm going to use GE by the end of the year, so I'll report back if the machine take the photo page or the visa page.

How about the height, do I need to ask for a change? I showed my drivers license that it has the correct value.

<deleted by moderator>.

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 24, 2018 at 8:16 pm Reason: Comment on moderator's action / not necessary after post was moved to another thread
Old Oct 7, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Regarding height: I really wouldn't worry about this, I don't think anyone would care. However worst case you can go to an enrollment center, and get it fixed (I had to get my DOB fixed, I probably made a typo during the GE application...).

Regarding visa number: I've just noticed the same thing for me: GOES shows my passport number in the "Visa Number" field - and my actual (red) visa number isn't in GOES. I haven't had any issues using GE with that Visa, so it seems that GOES is just mislabelling the associated number.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 2:09 pm

They told me that I need to go to an enrollment center when I renew the Visa (it is only for 1 year), maybe in that visit I will ask about the height.

I have to go to Mexico to get the new Visa, my guess is that when I come back I will not be able to use GE, guess they will not have the new expiration date on file.

I don't know if I'll renew right away, there is automatic revalidation for short trips (less than 30 days) to Canada and Mexico. The Visa is expensive for $190 each year.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: aa
Drivers license renewal between application and interview

Hello fellow FTers!

My son applied for ge using his current drivers license. He is 17 and will renew his dL when he turns 18 in a few weeks. The license turns from a “restricted” license to a regular license when he turns 18. I’m not sure if the DL number stays the same or will change. Will he run into a problem during the interview if the numbers are different? Or would it be ok if he brought both with him?
Thanks for the help!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:25 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

Originally Posted by travelinterpreters
Hello fellow FTers!

My son applied for ge using his current drivers license. He is 17 and will renew his dL when he turns 18 in a few weeks. The license turns from a “restricted” license to a regular license when he turns 18. I’m not sure if the DL number stays the same or will change. Will he run into a problem during the interview if the numbers are different? Or would it be ok if he brought both with him?
Thanks for the help!
Hello @travelinterpreters,

I've merged your question into an existing discussion of this topic. Please take a look at some of the earlier messages.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by TWA884
Hello @travelinterpreters,

I've merged your question into an existing discussion of this topic. Please take a look at some of the earlier messages.

TWA884
thanks twa884!!! I appreciate it.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by travelinterpreters
Hello fellow FTers!

Thanks for the help!
Just bring both to be safe . . . it's not going to be an issue, and they can probably update his record with the new DL number if it changes (which I doubt it will).
Old Aug 9, 2018, 5:04 pm

GE - Address change before interview?

Our address changed after we were conditionally approved for GE and we haven't done the interview yet. We're now traveling full time and our address is at one of those virtual mailboxes where they scan our mail and post it online for us. What do we do once we get to the interview? Will our new address be a problem? It's a street address with a unit number. We haven't gotten our new licenses yet and haven't changed address for them yet either.

Last edited by Superorb; Aug 9, 2018 at 8:45 pm
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:28 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Moderator's Action

Hello @Superorb!

I merged your question into an existing thread discussing this issue.

TWA884
Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:34 am

Editing an Application/Interview questions

On our GE applications, wife and I listed a few countries we'd been to since 2013. Got conditional approval and interview scheduled for next month. Now we realized we forgot 2 countries during 2014 that slipped our minds.

Can we edit our application?--should we? Wondering if the interviewers will see some passport stamps from countries we hadn't listed in our application and if that's a red flag. Thanks
Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by cheaptom
On our GE applications, wife and I listed a few countries we'd been to since 2013. Got conditional approval and interview scheduled for next month. Now we realized we forgot 2 countries during 2014 that slipped our minds.

Can we edit our application?--should we? Wondering if the interviewers will see some passport stamps from countries we hadn't listed in our application and if that's a red flag. Thanks
Just give discrepancy to officer at your interview.
Global Entry application - how do I change/update information?

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 14, 2018 at 1:13 pm Reason: Remove circular link after threads were merged
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:14 pm

Hello @cheaptom!

I merged your question into an existing thread discussing this subject. Please take a look at older posts here.

TWA884
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
When i had my interview essentially the first question she asked after confirming my identity and some general chit chat was if there was any info I needed to change or add to my application. That is the point to tell the agent whether you've moved, changed job or forgotten something so I'd make a little list so you don't forget anything. Unless the missing countries are on the current "US doesn't like" list you should be fine.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
When i had my interview essentially the first question she asked after confirming my identity and some general chit chat was if there was any info I needed to change or add to my application. That is the point to tell the agent whether you've moved, changed job or forgotten something so I'd make a little list so you don't forget anything. Unless the missing countries are on the current "US doesn't like" list you should be fine.
That makes sense and is very helpful, thanks
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:59 pm

From my recent interview experience, they give you plenty of time and opportunities at the interview to verbally correct anything you did wrong on the application. Wife forgot to list one country she'd been to last year, and she also had to update her email address. The interview clerk updated everything for her on the spot. Fast and painless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.