Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Centers Locations/Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2017, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Global Entry enrollment centers locations from the Official website of the Department of Homeland Security:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Centers Locations/Information

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:21 pm

DTW Global Entry Interview - transit between McNamara/North Terminals

I arrive on an international flight from NRT to DTW McNamara Terminal. I have a long layover, then depart from McNamara Terminal on a domestic flight to SBN. I'm flying Delta, if that makes any difference.

I scheduled a Global Entry Interview during my layover.

What is the most efficient way to transit between the terminals and Global Entry office?

What is a good estimate of the time it will take for the transit?

If exiting security is necessary, what is the best way to exit and re-enter security for this transit?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:10 am

Question

Where can I find a list of the temporary global entry enrollment centers? Last year, for my application, I came across a temporary center for my interview but it was not located at any of the centers at https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-centers

Now I am helping a friend find an interview location but I can't recall where I found the listing of those centers.

Do you happen to know where I can find the listing?

The temporary center I used was in a hotel in Omaha.

Thanks
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by iowa guy
Where can I find a list of the temporary global entry enrollment centers? Last year, for my application, I came across a temporary center for my interview but it was not located at any of the centers at https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-centers

Now I am helping a friend find an interview location but I can't recall where I found the listing of those centers.

Do you happen to know where I can find the listing?

The temporary center I used was in a hotel in Omaha.

Thanks
Temporary Global Entry enrollment centers should be in the drop down menu.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nadandeo
I arrive on an international flight from NRT to DTW McNamara Terminal. I have a long layover, then depart from McNamara Terminal on a domestic flight to SBN. I'm flying Delta, if that makes any difference.

I scheduled a Global Entry Interview during my layover.

What is the most efficient way to transit between the terminals and Global Entry office?

What is a good estimate of the time it will take for the transit?

If exiting security is necessary, what is the best way to exit and re-enter security for this transit?
Plse correct me if I'm wrong, but, AFIK, there's no airside connection between these terminals. It's walkable, but they're not adjacent; it would be a nice out-of-doors walk.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by BH62
Plse correct me if I'm wrong, but, AFIK, there's no airside connection between these terminals. It's walkable, but they're not adjacent; it would be a nice out-of-doors walk.
The published terminal-to-terminal route is via a shuttle bus. Landside. There is no airside shuttle between terminals at DTW.

http://www.metroairport.com/Traveler...-Terminal.aspx
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by mnbp
The published terminal-to-terminal route is via a shuttle bus. Landside. There is no airside shuttle between terminals at DTW.
Thanks for the link, I didn't find that when I searched the DTW website.

Since the shuttle departs about every 10 minutes, do you think it is safe to guess that the travel time between terminals is also about 10 minutes? If so, I guess I should plan on about 15-20 minutes each direction as a worst case.

As it seems I will definitely have to exit security to get between McNamara and North terminals, then I will need to allow for time for that as well. Does anyone have an estimate of time through security at DTW for Sky Priority level?

Last edited by TWA884; Oct 24, 2017 at 9:35 am Reason: Fix BB Code
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:55 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by nadandeo
As it seems I will definitely have to exit security to get between McNamara and North terminals...
Regardless of whether you go to the North Terminal for your Global Entry Enrollment interview, you will exit the secured area of the airport during your international to domestic transfer and go through TSA security before boarding your flight to SBN.

In the US, all arriving international passengers, except those originating at pre-clearance airports, which NRT is not, undergo immigration and customs inspections at their first port of entry. They exit the Federal Inspection Services facility to the unsecured area of the airport. If they continue on connecting flights, they must pass through security before reentering the terminal.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:07 pm

Charlotte, NC CLT Global Entry Interview Process Feb 2018

Applied: Feb 15, 2018
Conditional Approval: Feb 19, 2018
Complete Approval: March 19, 2018
Interview Airport: Charlotte, NC- CLT
Time elapsed from parking to interview complete: 1 hr
Interview Process Synopsis: Basic questions, verify address, finger prints.
No walk-ins accepted.

Park at hourly parking.

Interview Scheduling Tip: I suggest looking at the online calendar everyday for openings. Sometimes I looked and it would say nothing was available for 3 months. Another day, there would be 15 openings in the upcoming month. For Charlotte, there weren’t many interviews available on the weekends, unless you were scheduling the interview 3 months away.

Interview was scheduled at 3:00PM on March 19.

Interview Confirmation Summary says: Charlotte Douglas- Downtstairs Locations 5501 Josh Birmingham Parkway. So not helpful.

GO TO HOURLY PARKING. I parked on the 4th floor. Get off on 2nd floor on elevator. Go to Zone C. You will pass baggage claim areas. Look for the American Airlines baggage/claim and then the customer support area. It’s like a hallway near there where you need to go. I just asked because I don’t do well at reading signs. lol It takes about 10 min from parking until you get to the interview location (I’m not a fast walker).

Appointment was at 3PM. Arrived at 2:20PM.
Called for appointment at 3:10PM.
Interview completed at 3:20PM.

Interview Process:

Once you sign in, the desk person, will tell you to get license and passport ready, which is kinda unnecessary considering that you might be waiting a while. When it’s your time, an officer will call your name and tell you to get your credentials ready. Then 3 minutes later, they will ask you to come in their office. 2 officers were working. So you will interview with an officer in the same office or around the corner.

Officer asked basic questions like “Are you traveling for business or personal purposes?” “Why did you want to join Global Entry?” “Do you plan on traveling anytime soon?” “Do you travel with anyone?” “What is your profession?” “Employer?” “Have you ever been arrested?” “Have you ever had an issue at customs or border control?” “Is your address the same as listed on ID?”Mine was not, so I brought in proof of residency. I used a water bill. Use a utility bill or lease.

They don’t validate parking. First hour is free. I paid $1 for parking.

While I was there, they weren’t accepting walk-ins for that day; too many appointments were scheduled on this particular day.

Officer told me that I would get an email within 24 hours. or was it 72? I got one before I got home. They said to expect to receive card in the mail within 3 weeks.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:29 am

Has anyone done an interview in CLT? Can you tell me where the office is? All it says is downstairs. I can't find a number to call.

EDIT: Now that I have scheduled an appointment I see this info. Very helpful. Would still appreciate any suggestions for how you get to international arrivals. I am not familiar with CLT. I suppose I can just follow signs for the international terminal and look for the arrivals area.

Phone 1-9802351622

DirectionsThe Charlotte CBP Global Entry Enrollment Center is located in the International Arrivals Area near baggage carousel E.

Last edited by zitsky; Jun 29, 2018 at 9:43 am
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:44 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zitsky
Has anyone done an interview in CLT? Can you tell me where the office is? All it says is downstairs. I can't find a number to call.

EDIT: Now that I have scheduled an appointment I see this info. Very helpful. Would still appreciate any suggestions for how you get to international arrivals.
Hi @zitsky,

I moved your question to the relevant thread.

Please take a look at the post immediately preceding yours.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:56 am

Does anyone know if the GE enrollment center is open on 4th of July? The cbp website says seven days a week. No holidays are listed. I received my conditional approval and will be picking up some friends from the airport on the 4th and want to try a walk in while I am there.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:27 pm

Exclamation Moderator's Action

For indexing and future searches, a recent question about a calendar displaying GE enrollment interviews availability was moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Sorry if this is answered somewhere, but do the listed "hours" mean anything? I have a 7pm appointment at LAX and all hours I can find listed end at 5pm.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by murphyUA
Sorry if this is answered somewhere, but do the listed "hours" mean anything? I have a 7pm appointment at LAX and all hours I can find listed end at 5pm.
7 pm might be an extended hour slot, which is not normally offered.

I was interviewed for NEXUS at 1611 Main Street, Vancouver, B.C. which is also an interview office for Global Entry. My appointment was on a Saturday morning, their normal office hours are M-F 8-4. Apparently they offered hours outside of their normal hours to clear up a huge back log. If you are not certain, call LAX Global Entry office and confirm.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:26 am

Exclamation Moderator's Action

A recent question about enrollment on arrival was moved to the following thread:
TWA884

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.