Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry for Dutch citizens

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:12 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC

I just applied for Global Entry via the "Flux Alliance"

Had to enter all my details and answer some questions about my employment, and which countries I have visited in the last 5 years. After this an 135€ euro yearly fee and the 75€ US fee.

I am hoping it gets processed fast enough for me to try to get an interview while I am in the US in 2,5 weeks. I will be in Las Vegas for 5 days staying near the airport so thinking that would be my best shot. Do they allow walk-in's or can I call to schedule a interview if I am approved within a few days?

Obviously I'd rather do it this trip to the US rather then wait until the next trip. Any experiences getting this for Dutch/EU citizens?
Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:44 pm

There's a huge thread on M&M about Germans getting GE. But for us is different process than for you. Have you checked the KL forum?
Old Sep 7, 2013, 4:28 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Not much in the KL forum.

Website says this:
Hoe plan ik mijn interviews?
Om uw FLUX aanvraag af te ronden geldt dat u 2 interviews dient af te leggen. In het land van burgerschap én het land van het programma waar u zich voor heeft ingeschreven. Houd er rekening mee dat alle interviews binnen 30 dagen na afronding van uw antecedentenonderzoek dienen te worden gepland. De actuele enrolment datum kan later zijn, als er maar wel gepland is. wijzigen kan altijd.

Het Privium|FLUX interview vindt plaats in de Privium ClubLounge op Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. Het interview kan elektronisch worden ingepland, met behulp van de link die wordt verstrekt per e-mail, of door te bellen naar +31 20 601 4222. Openingstijden Privium ClubLounge: zondag - vrijdag van 06.00 uur - 20.00 uur. Zaterdag gesloten. Priviumleden dienen ook een FLUX interview te doen.
Het Global Entry|FLUX interview vindt plaats in een van de Global Entry enrollment centers op een van de Amerikaanse luchthavens. Het interview kan elektronisch worden gepland, door het creëren van een GOES account of door te bellen naar een van de Global Entry enrollment center. Openingstijden variëren per locatie.
So depending on when your background check was done, you'll have to schedule ANY date within 30 days. You can then always change that date.
I assume you already had an interview with the Marechaussee?
LAS has interviews on weekdays all weekdays, but limited times.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:32 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
NL Marechaussee "interview" was done in 2 minutes, it consisted of just entering some passport info.

When entering the US the first time after you Dutch interview you can use the Global Entry Kiosks for one time. You will get an X but are able to skip the line

US CPB Global Entry interview was just watching the video and taking some fingerprints. No questions at all. This was done in 10 minutes.

Looking forward to never having to stand in immigration line again!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 12:02 pm

Global Entry Card for Netherlands (Flux) Participants?

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone here as a Dutch Citizen participating in Global Entry under Flux been issued a Global Entry RFID Card?

I ask this because Canada is expanding the trusted traveller security lanes at the airports to GE members and I have nothing to prove that I'm enrolled.

What's more, I'd like to be able to use the Whirlpool Bridge going in to the US (I know I can't use Nexus going back in to Canada).

I was told by the interviewer that I'd receive a card but nothing has ever appeared. When I questioned this I was told that cards are no longer issued and that Netherlands participants wouldn't receive a card anyway.

Wondering if anyone has different experiences.

Cheers.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
The card is for Sentri (expedited land crossing into the US), so it has nothing to do with Global Entry (which is for air travel).

I never understand why authorities like to require the use of the card for air travel. Have your tried a printout of your account online? I imagine using the "Trusted Traveller" lane in Canada would require something akin to the Secure ID, so perhaps that's all that's needed.

Sorry I don't know if this will be an issue. I will actually be flying through Canada soon, so perhaps I'll be able to give you some first hand experience with this. As I applied for GE before they started issuing cards, I will see if it's needed. The news article mentions the use of kiosks so perhaps a scan of your passport will be all that's required.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by alphaod
The card is for Sentri (expedited land crossing into the US), so it has nothing to do with Global Entry (which is for air travel).
The card can also be used in NEXUS land border crossing lanes when you go from Canada into the US (but not the other way around unless you actually have NEXUS). I don't know how it is going to be implemented for the trusted traveller security lanes at the airport (post-immigration pre-clearance) but I'm assuming that I'll have to show a card.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Dutch Citizen here participating in Global Entry
According to the GOES site i have:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Trusted Traveler Program Benefits:
Global Entry (Global Entry program information)
SENTRI (SENTRI program information)
Netherlands Privium

FYI I never received a GE RFID or any other card.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ANZ Gold, Hertz Gold
Global Entry as Dutch citizen residing abroad

I'm trying to find a solution to my situation but not sure how to go about it.
Being a Dutch citizen based in NZ, frequently travelling to the US Global Entry would help me get through immigration a lot quicker. I've got several US trips coming up over the next 6 months or so and the benefit (incl TSA Pre) is obvious.

According to the eligibility criteria Dutch citizens can use Global Entry. However there is also mention of the FLUX programme.
It seems the FLUX programme is mainly intended for Dutch citizens residing in NL which I am clearly very far away from.

I tried simply registering on the GOES system but after filling in my details it just bounced back to the main index page.

Anybody that knows how to apply successfully?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
As a British Citizen I had to apply through the UK Home Office, who gave me a code that I entered into GOES. However it seems your process might be different:

Based on looking at the following page, it seems you'd need to apply via Flux first, and that will let you apply for GE, possibly at the same time via the Flux website?
https://www.flux-alliance.eu/signup_...lect_products/
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ANZ Gold, Hertz Gold
Yea this is were things become problematic. I have no desire or intention to apply for Flux as I live 10,000 miles away from Europe, certainly not paying an annual charge for that.
Secondly I have read that in order to apply for Flux you need to be interviewed by Dutch Military Police which would in its turn mean a trip home bound.

Tried to find a Global Entry info line or contact number, but the CBP website just refers to the knowledge base and only offers a complaint form.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 11:56 pm

Programs: GE
I don't know any information myself (outside of what's on the websites that I'm sure you already know) but I suspect that if you are a Dutch citizen only you will need to go through the Dutch government.

I don't think information-sharing is so tight that the US government and DHS can unilaterally conduct a background check on a Dutch citizen using Dutch and EU criminal databases. I think that when you apply for FLUX then the Dutch government performs the background check on the EU side and then reports anything they find to US DHS. This would probably better meet EU information standards.

I'm not a Dutch citizen and not a member of FLUX, so this is just my guess.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by bbtrvl
I don't know any information myself (outside of what's on the websites that I'm sure you already know) but I suspect that if you are a Dutch citizen only you will need to go through the Dutch government.
This. The US restricts GE to certain nationalities because those countries are willing to provide equivalent background checks.

At that point you need to complain to your own country if the process is too onerous. The UK process is incredibly fast, but I assume that's because they keep a ton of data on their citizens which other EU countries might not?

The one notable exception being Permanent Residents of the US. (Which seems slightly illogical given you can become a PR without being in the country, or can gain PR status within a year of being in the US if you have the appropriate Visa and employer/family.)
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by televisor
This. The US restricts GE to certain nationalities because those countries are willing to provide equivalent background checks.

At that point you need to complain to your own country if the process is too onerous. The UK process is incredibly fast, but I assume that's because they keep a ton of data on their citizens which other EU countries might not?

The one notable exception being Permanent Residents of the US. (Which seems slightly illogical given you can become a PR without being in the country, or can gain PR status within a year of being in the US if you have the appropriate Visa and employer/family.)
The UK mandates less registration by all of its citizens than most of the EU/Schengen countries.

The Dutch and American governments have bilateral arrangements when it comes to US citizens using FLUX and Dutch citizens using GE. In the cases of Dutch and US citizens using GE and FLUX, it is my understanding (although maybe I'm now wrong about this), that prospective users of the faster track entry systems must be approved into their own country's program before having a chance of getting reciprocal rights in the other country's program.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by Mart81
I'm trying to find a solution to my situation but not sure how to go about it.
Being a Dutch citizen based in NZ, frequently travelling to the US Global Entry would help me get through immigration a lot quicker. I've got several US trips coming up over the next 6 months or so and the benefit (incl TSA Pre) is obvious.

According to the eligibility criteria Dutch citizens can use Global Entry. However there is also mention of the FLUX programme.
It seems the FLUX programme is mainly intended for Dutch citizens residing in NL which I am clearly very far away from.

I tried simply registering on the GOES system but after filling in my details it just bounced back to the main index page.

Anybody that knows how to apply successfully?
First you have to sign up for Flux. After this you make an appointment with the KMar and i fear you have to visit AMS airport as the dutch interview takes place at the Privium lounge. That done you need to do the GE interview in the USA (or at certain periods it can also be done in the Netherlands).
Skipping the KMar interview/background check is not an option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.