Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Old Mar 5, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Traveling tomorrow, noticed that my Global Entry number is not reflecting on my boarding pass. I have Clear and planning on showing my GE card to get through the precheck line. Any experience with that?
Old Mar 7, 2022, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Traveling tomorrow, noticed that my Global Entry number is not reflecting on my boarding pass. I have Clear and planning on showing my GE card to get through the precheck line. Any experience with that?
None of those things have any bearing on anything. The TT/GE number doesn't appear on the boarding pass and if your pass isn't marked for PreCheck, neither your GE card or CLEAR status will get you through the TSA PreCheck line. If there's a Clear line, use that, otherwise, you'll have to get in with the rest of the <redacted> masses. You can try going to the airline and see if they can recheck you in with the proper information.
seawolf likes this.

Last edited by TWA884; Mar 7, 2022 at 9:59 am Reason: Redact derogatory term
Old Mar 7, 2022, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
As much as I dislike their agency, the TSA twitter account has been helpful in the past with determining why you didn't get PreCheck on your BP. They usually can fix the issue or tell you what needs to be done if you contact them before departure.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
As much as I dislike their agency, the TSA twitter account has been helpful in the past with determining why you didn't get PreCheck on your BP. They usually can fix the issue or tell you what needs to be done if you contact them before departure.
Can you elaborate on the details you provided to them? Miss Swede (17-years-old) has GE but her last two flights by herself (DEN-ATL & ATL-DEN for a short weekend trip) did not have Pre-Check.

Edited to add: She did get Pre-Check on a trip a week after this post, but that's because she was on my PNR. It turns out her GE expired in 2021. Oops! Renewed without issue.

Last edited by pseudoswede; May 19, 2022 at 2:07 pm
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Can you elaborate on the details you provided to them? Miss Swede (17-years-old) has GE but her last two flights by herself (DEN-ATL & ATL-DEN for a short weekend trip) did not have Pre-Check.
They asked for the following info and have been helpful each time.

1.Your full name
2. KTN
3. Airline
4. Confirmation number
5. Flight number
6. Departure airport
7. Travel date
pseudoswede likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:43 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
So, I had a problem with PreCheck despite KTN, in the booking, not printing in London or San Francisco with AA.
They managed to fix it, but it took time to synch with the airport system in SFO, meaning I had to wait for TSA to get the data I suppose.
Anyway, all OK in the end, but first time I have had this problem. Hope it's just this ticket that's the problem.
Old May 6, 2022, 10:15 am

New passport in global entry and not getting TSA pre

HiIt it normal after getting a new passport that TSA pre check does not appear on boarding card. I normally get it every time but this is my first time flying on a new passport. Would this cause me not to get it?
I have checked and my GE number is in my virgin Atlantic profile.
Old May 7, 2022, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by gavvy
HiIt it normal after getting a new passport that TSA pre check does not appear on boarding card. I normally get it every time but this is my first time flying on a new passport. Would this cause me not to get it?
I have checked and my GE number is in my virgin Atlantic profile.
My apologies for a potentially stupid question, but did you update GE with the new passport number? Not saying you need a passport to get precheck. Just that maybe GE gets notified of the passport expiration.
Old May 13, 2022, 10:28 pm

Confusion on Pre Check with Kids Under 13

I have had TSA pre check for a few years. When I fly, our daugher is usually on my ticket and we both get pre check. She is 9 now. My husband just got pre check and flew on a Delta flight on May 7th with my son who just turned 12. No pre check on their boarding pass. We checked and all the info matched.

We are trying to sort out what went wrong. We have a trip planned Memorial Weekend to that include a flight from CVG to LAX, and overnight near LAX, a flight to Kauai and then an overnight near LAX on the return. We want to figure out what went wrong and fix it if possible. I called TSA today and they said things were good from their end. They implied I might need to put my husband's Known Traveler Number on my son's ticket. This seems weird to me since I don't do this with my daughter and we have gotten TSA pre on every flight.

Can anyone confirm we need to do this?

I also chatted with an agent at Delta and asked if we should do this. She didn't seem knowledgeable at all but implied at the end of the chat that she had added my husband's number to my son's ticket. I am worried that she did this because I was asking if should be done and it may have not been the right thing to do.

I would love to hear from others with pre check on how to get pre check on our boarding pass and whether or not we should enter the known traveler Number twice.
Old May 14, 2022, 12:14 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
I do not think kids 12 and under need the pre check indicator on their boarding pass - just need to be with an adult who does. If your husband did not have it, most likely the known traveler number was not in his reservation. If he just got it will assume the flight was booked before - did he or you go back and add it to the reservation? And when you say “just” how long before this flight was final approval received?

Pretty sure you should not be entering husband’s KTN in your son’s reservation. But then again my 12 and 5 year olds have their own global entry cards and their own numbers.

==

I am traveling with my family; can they also use the TSA PreCheck lane?

Children age 12 and younger may use the TSA PreCheck lane when traveling with a parent or guardian who has the indicator on their boarding pass.

Children between the ages of 13 and 17 who will be traveling on the same reservation as an enrolled parent or guardian may also access the TSA PreCheck lanes, provided the children have the TSA PreCheck indicator on their boarding pass. Children 13 to 17 may be randomly excluded from receiving TSA PreCheck on their boarding pass. In these cases, they must go through standard security screening. Children 17 and under who will be traveling alone or without a TSA PreCheck-eligible parent or guardian must apply for TSA PreCheck to have access to expedited screening.
Old May 14, 2022, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Your son is likely to be denied checkin or given extra security if KTN of Dad is entered.

As noted they don't need Precheck to show on BP.

I think in past,, you were more likely the case where if one passenger got Pre, all on same PNR got it. Had nothing to do with age.
Old May 14, 2022, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by dbuckho
I do not think kids 12 and under need the pre check indicator on their boarding pass - just need to be with an adult who does. If your husband did not have it, most likely the known traveler number was not in his reservation. If he just got it will assume the flight was booked before - did he or you go back and add it to the reservation? And when you say just how long before this flight was final approval received?
He was approved 2 weeks before the flight but didn't enter the number until 3 days before. Sounds like I need to get that number off the 12 year olds reservation.

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Your son is likely to be denied checkin or given extra security if KTN of Dad is entered.

As noted they don't need Precheck to show on BP.

I think in past,, you were more likely the case where if one passenger got Pre, all on same PNR got it. Had nothing to do with age.
I flew on the same flight and my daughter was on my reservation and w both got the pre check on our boarding pass. We had booked with miles and each had enough for two tickets. So that must be something that still happens at least with kids.

Last edited by TWA884; May 14, 2022 at 4:38 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old May 14, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
This probably belongs in the travel and security section.

Pre may not show up if the name does not exactly match the ticket. Or if theres another detail missing.

Pre may not show up randomly, too, for screening reasons.

Or it may not now up because of a glitch.

You can ensure names match perfectly, same with other details, but youll never know which it is until he flies more.

Kids have nothing to do with it. My kids (now 15) have had GE since age 7 and have always had their KTN entered into the system and get Pre most of the time.
Old May 14, 2022, 6:52 am

I have done this 100+ times with my kids on separate pnrs. 12 is the cutoff. Just say your kid is 12 and they can go through precheck with you with a boarding pass but no ID.
Old May 14, 2022, 8:59 am

The issue is your husband isn’t showing as having precheck. Go into each reservation look at the secure passenger data make sure the number is there and correct. Do it yourself rather than calling. My guess is the number is in his profile but is missing from a reservation or you have a name mismatch.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.