Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Old Feb 8, 2022, 8:28 am

Don't think the govt has ever comped or discounted precheck, be happy there are a lot of programs/credit cards that give it for free
Old Feb 8, 2022, 8:33 am

You could also cancel your ticket and rebook it. May end up with precheck that way, but like everyone else said no guarantee
Old Feb 8, 2022, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
SSSS should generally only happen inbound to US. If it happens ex-US you may need to apply for a redress number.
I've had it before. Try getting a one-way ticket to Beirut. That worked a charm for me to get SSSS ex-US.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
It's technically not guaranteed, but every single time it's happened to me it was because I fat fingered the DOB in my reservation. Make sure that's correct.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When you get a new GE, TSA PreCheck etc. number, be sure to not only change it in your FF account (profile) but check that it appears correct on every existing itinerary. It's a myth that it is automatically updated in itineraries that have already been purchased. Do this early, before it's locked down as travel approaches.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Happened to me on my last “pre COVID” flight, called Delta to see what the deal was and after a close look it turns out my dad who booked the ticket for me put his birthday in the reservation instead of mine so they had to actually re-ticket it then it showed up.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 11:03 am
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Happened to me on my last pre COVID flight, called Delta to see what the deal was and after a close look it turns out my dad who booked the ticket for me put his birthday in the reservation instead of mine so they had to actually re-ticket it then it showed up.
Did same thing to my daughter. Only time precheck had not worked. Called and they fixed and precheck came up.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Happened to me on my last pre COVID flight, called Delta to see what the deal was and after a close look it turns out my dad who booked the ticket for me put his birthday in the reservation instead of mine so they had to actually re-ticket it then it showed up.
There's no need to reticket. DOB is not part of ticket, its part of the SFD. This is part of reservation.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
There's no need to reticket. DOB is not part of ticket, its part of the SFD. This is part of reservation.
Well the agent re-ticketed the reservation and put me in a confirmed first fare class since my upgrade cleared and she was worried I might get it taken away so I don't know what to tell you on that one. Maybe it's not required but it's what happened the one time I experienced it.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 4:08 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Yes, you can still be randomly sent to the regular lines..

No, it's not Delta's fault.

( As I recall it was pretty clear that I could randomly be selected for normal screening. You can even get the SSSS on your boarding pass)

TSA PreCheck FAQ | Transportation Security Administration

If I am TSA PreCheck eligible, am I guaranteed expedited screening?
No, TSA uses unpredictable security measures, both seen and unseen, throughout the airport. All travelers will be screened, and no individual is guaranteed expedited screening.

Yes, exactly. TSA has a certain percent of PreCheck that have to be randomly selected to regular or enhanced screening.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 5:13 pm

I remember that at the Global Entry interview, the officer mentioned nothing was guaranteed. Even though its frustrating, it also makes sense.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FabCW
I remember that at the Global Entry interview, the officer mentioned nothing was guaranteed. Even though its frustrating, it also makes sense.
Yet in 10 years I've had 1 US customs 2ndry and zero Precheck fails (excluding returns to US where carriers must randomly select X percent for SSSS).
Old Feb 8, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
How did you manage to prepay GE for 10 years? I thought the membership is good for five years.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by EdofFX
How did you manage to prepay GE for 10 years? I thought the membership is good for five years.
OP never stated anything like that. He simply said he's so far paid for ten years and current expires in 2026.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
OP never stated anything like that. He simply said he's so far paid for ten years and current expires in 2026.
I stand corrected. I misunderstood what OP said.

I also renewed my GE without an interview. The interview would have been easy, but getting an appointment was a few months out when I renewed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.