Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:41 pm

We fly DL, UA, AA, and WN................all the boarding passes always have TSA precheck.

Check and make sure you entered the info correctly for the other airline(s).
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Called AA res, and was surprised they had to bounce me over to web support, but, have to say, excellent customer service once there. Especially considering my "zero" status. Fixed the oops, re-issued BP, this time with the green check. Yea. Thanks for the tip to check my info on AA account!
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:50 am

I just noticed a problem with my boarding pass for tomorrow. Corporate travel booked my name as Firstname F / Lastname

Where F is my middle initial.

so now on my boarding pass it says FirstnameF Lastname and it seems my KTA is now no longer accepted for my reservation (never had this problem).

Any ideas if getting to the check in counter early at EWR tomorrow will allow them to fix the reservation and get me my TSA precheck?

Or should i just suck it up?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 10:03 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Hello @kingjacobs,

Please take a look at this thread:
Old Aug 9, 2021, 1:12 pm

This is a new one: on leg 3 of a 4 leg trip with my wife I for some reason randomly got de-selected for precheck (wasn't printed on my BP) while she kept hers. Every other leg of the trip we both got it. I didn't even realize I didn't have precheck until I got to the line dragon and she turned me away like a common peasant. Oh the humanity!
Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Paid Pre Pre Check not gaurenteed?

Ive had paid global entry for ten years and not set to expire unti 2026.

For the first time Ive had a boarding pass not show the logo even with the known number in the reservation.

Delta says they see it but its not gaurenteed I get pre check ? What? Thats the first Ive ever heard of that. Why would I pay for service thats not gaurenteed?

Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:45 pm

Yes, you can still be randomly sent to the regular lines..

No, it's not Delta's fault.

( As I recall it was pretty clear that I could randomly be selected for normal screening. You can even get the SSSS on your boarding pass)

TSA PreCheck FAQ | Transportation Security Administration

If I am TSA PreCheck eligible, am I guaranteed expedited screening?
No, TSA uses unpredictable security measures, both seen and unseen, throughout the airport. All travelers will be screened, and no individual is guaranteed expedited screening.
cur, CPMaverick and COEWR2587 like this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
Ive had paid global entry for ten years and not set to expire unti 2026.

For the first time Ive had a boarding pass not show the logo even with the known number in the reservation.

Delta says they see it but its not gaurenteed I get pre check ? What? Thats the first Ive ever heard of that. Why would I pay for service thats not gaurenteed?
There is no guarantee (can even be found in the pre-check faq: https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/faq).
It happens every once in a while, even to people who have had pre-check 1,000 times in a row.

Also is not DL-related - this is 100% TSA algorithms driving the ship - the airline is just the information broker here. If you miss twice in a row, it may warrant checking if somehow your information has gotten corrupted (lost KTN from your DL profile for example).
Adam1222 and COEWR2587 like this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Yep. This came up during my interview when the agent informed me that it is 100% not guaranteed for every trip. Just the "luck of the draw," as it were.
COEWR2587 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
FWIW, I succeeded in renewing my GE without an interview being required, yet on my first trip after the renewal, I got SSSS.
Synapseturquoise and PanAmSam like this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
. Why would I pay for service that’s not gaurenteed?
Why would you not read the details of a service you are buying? From what I recall they were pretty clear that it isn't guaranteed (or gaurenteed ) and they can deny precheck for any reason, or even randomly do so.

That said, make sure your name is correct on the reservation and try re-printing your BP on a kiosk after your number is re-added. I have had the mobile app not refresh my TSA status when Delta re-added it, but a printed BP showed it.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I have global entry and in the past 4 yeasr gotten hit with SSSS once and twice with no precheck.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Generally this means something is amiss in the Secure Flight Data. Note your name in SFD, not on reservation is what matters. (It usually copies this from reservation but depending on booking method might not) Make sure KTN is entered and it is correct number. DL system for some reason sometimes removes it from your profile. (Not had it happen myself, but there's been reports) The same goes for DOB.

SSSS should generally only happen inbound to US. If it happens ex-US you may need to apply for a redress number. (Yes you can sometimes (though. very rarely) need to get one even if you have Precheck)
Old Feb 8, 2022, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does Pre Check ever comp membership? I understand some credit cards or elite members get Pre Check fee reimbursed but those are still paid Pre Check.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Generally this means something is amiss in the Secure Flight Data. Note your name in SFD, not on reservation is what matters. (It usually copies this from reservation but depending on booking method might not) Make sure KTN is entered and it is correct number. DL system for some reason sometimes removes it from your profile. (Not had it happen myself, but there's been reports) The same goes for DOB.
This. "Precheck is not guaranteed" works like "seat assignments are not guaranteed" as cover for when an agent has no idea what the problem is. It is technically possible to be legitimately denied Pre, but it normally involves SSSS and in a case like this it's almost certainly an issue with the KTN or SFD in the PNR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.