Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by sahiljain22
Anyone else here with Nexus traveling with an infant? My 3 of 4 flights this month had no TSA pre even after the checkin agent verified my pass Id was on the ticket. During all those 3 flights there was a lap infant on the ticket and I was the primary traveler. The 4th time when I did get TSA pre, there was no infant on the ticket. It did happen on 2 different airlines so thats not the issue and different airports/sectors.

FWIW the infant does have nexus too so I am really dumbfounded.

Anyone else have the same issue? I will try booking all trips without the lap infant first and adding him after check-in to see if this solves the issue.
It still might be airline specific? I have traveled multiple times with a pre-booked lap infant on both United and Air Canada, and received TSAPre on each boarding pass. We are all Nexus members.

Also, pre is not supposed to be guaranteed, so maybe the 3 times were random denials.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Wondering if anyone has come across this before:
Traveling from SCL-IAH-EWR, all 3 travelers have Global Entry and KTNs put in their UA profile. Our paper boarding passes all say TSA Precheck. Upon arriving in Houston and going through security again, the TSA agent scans the boarding pass and then crosses out TSA Precheck and directs us to the regular line with no explanation. I flag down another agent a couple min later and say I have Precheck. She rescans the boarding passes and indicates that Precheck is not showing up. I check our boarding passes in the UA app and they all still indicate TSA Precheck but was in a rush so just went through the regular line. Anyone know why the machine was not reading it?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:46 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Im curious if anyone with experience with both TSA KTNs and GE KTNs has an issue where the TSA KTN (my SOs) seems to revert to XXXXXXX after entering it into a reservation but a GE KTN doesnt (mine). This is happening on multiple airlines. No idea if the system are actually taking the KTN and its bizarre that its only happening with the TSA KTN (begins with TT vs all numbers on GE number)
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I just flew CX orig JFK, entered my KTN, did not Hain PreCheck.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Well, PreCheck isn't guaranteed so that could be it. Also make sure your ticketing info/Secure flight info matches your PreCheck info.

Originally Posted by Whodunit68
I just flew CX orig JFK, entered my KTN, did not Hain PreCheck.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:51 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Well, PreCheck isn't guaranteed so that could be it. Also make sure your ticketing info/Secure flight info matches your PreCheck info.
CX collects KTN during check-in process and not before.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by seawolf
CX collects KTN during check-in process and not before.
I was able to add it to my booking online.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:33 am
Original Member

I was able to add it to my booking online.
Which screen? I don't see KTN being collecting during booking process. CX.com asked for passenger name/DOB/gender/FFP and then onto the payment screen. Is KTN asked for after payment screen?

I also don't see KTN in MMB either. MMB allows for passport details and redress but not KTN. I do know KTN is asked during online or airport check-in but haven't seen it earlier.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Which screen? I don't see KTN being collecting during booking process. CX.com asked for passenger name/DOB/gender/FFP and then onto the payment screen. Is KTN asked for after payment screen?

I also don't see KTN in MMB either. MMB allows for passport details and redress but not KTN. I do know KTN is asked during online or airport check-in but haven't seen it earlier.
It was after the booking. Logged onto cathaypacific.com and clicked manage my booking. Check out my details tab from there.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:01 pm
Original Member

It was after the booking. Logged onto cathaypacific.com and clicked manage my booking. Check out my details tab from there.
When I MMB (for a JFK-HKG booking), Under My Details, there's:
  • Contact Information
  • Travel Document
  • Frequent Flyer
  • eTicket Receipt
I don't see KTN under Edit mode in any of those screens. Which one does it show up at in your booking?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
Im curious if anyone with experience with both TSA KTNs and GE KTNs has an issue where the TSA KTN (my SOs) seems to revert to XXXXXXX after entering it into a reservation but a GE KTN doesnt (mine). This is happening on multiple airlines. No idea if the system are actually taking the KTN and its bizarre that its only happening with the TSA KTN (begins with TT vs all numbers on GE number)
What happens if you are logged on as SO and view the SO's reservation that way?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:58 am

TSA Pre for non-US citizens

I recently got approval for Global Entry and have now a KTN. Usually I would not be eligible to apply to TSA Pre directly because I'm neither US citizen nor permanent resident. Do you know if that means I also cannot get that benefit now that I'm in Global Entry?

Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:46 am

To add some context: The reason I'm asking is that I've entered my KTN on the next reservation, and did the check in today, but the boarding pass doesn't show TSA Pre. I just got approved four days ago, but I was told this is immediately active. So I'm looking for another reason why it didn't apply it to the boarding pass.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't have an exact answer but keep in mind that not all airlines participate in TSA PreCheck.

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/participating-airlines
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
TSA Pre for Canadians

FYI, Canadians have participated in TSA Pre since 2012:
https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/20...-nexus-members

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.