Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:23 pm

Thank you chollie!! I went onto Twitter and sent a direct message to @askTSA. They got back to me right away, took my flight information and looked into it. Just flew with AA today and got pre-check.

We'll have to see if I have to talk to @askTSA again on Sunday but even of AA doesn't automatically give me pre-check, talking to @askTSA seems to work.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
Redress # is for people that closely match a person on a naughty list and thus get SSSS or regular secondary by CBP. It is not intended to help people get PreCheck on the BP when the KTN and name/DOB info do not match.
Please read the concern raised and to which I responded before responding with incorrect information which misleads people looking for help.

If the passenger has confirmed, as the passenger did here, that his KTN is properly entered and that the name and DOB match is exact and he is still repeatedly being deselected, it is entirely possible that the reason is security-related and may have ocurred because he appears -- or the system believes that he appears -- in TIDES.

A redress # will clear that concern and should eliminate the block.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by darrell888
Thank you chollie!! I went onto Twitter and sent a direct message to @askTSA. They got back to me right away, took my flight information and looked into it. Just flew with AA today and got pre-check.

We'll have to see if I have to talk to @askTSA again on Sunday but even of AA doesn't automatically give me pre-check, talking to @askTSA seems to work.
Great! Thanks for coming back to report your experience!
Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by chollie
Have you tried tweeting Ask TSA? They regularly respond to people tweeting that they've paid and they aren't getting Pre on their BPs. AskTSA regularly responds, offering to work on a case-by-case basis. You have nothing to lose.
I expect that ofttimes when one does not get PreCheck it's TSA's random denial kicking in - but those with the "smarts" to contact AskTSA seem to always get the problem resolved and are granted Pre for the flight in question. TSA does not want to advertise that many flyers are falling into the random denial pit so they "fix" the problem.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: AF FJ + AMEX
How long after Global Entry approval to receive PreCheck benefits

Hi,

I was approved for Global Entry earlier today. I just checked in for a flight tonight; made sure my KTN was in the booking, but I still didn't receive Pre Check on my boarding pass.

Does one have to wait for a certain period before the PreCheck is "active"? The agent at the interview told me it'd be immediate...

Thanks!
Old Oct 25, 2016, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
If you added your number to your airline profile, that would not be enough. If you're certain it was linked to your pre-existing reservation specifically, you may have had bad luck in not being selected (rare, but said to happen).

It may work if you have the airline agent manually add your number at the airport and print a new boarding pass.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 4:57 pm

Programs: AF FJ + AMEX
Thanks, I did add it to the specific reservation through an airline agent on the phone. I was wondering if the GE approval is instantly transferred to TSA for precheck or if that takes time?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:03 pm

It should be instant after receiving your PASS ID.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:55 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
PreCheck is not guaranteed.

I've merged your question into the relevant discussion of this topic.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Last edited by TWA884; Oct 25, 2016 at 8:50 pm Reason: Update post after merging threads
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:42 pm
Suspended

While PreCheck is not guaranteed, you should receive it close to 100% of the time. Random deselection is really rare and the things which would have caused you to be intentionally deselected would likely also have caused you to be denied GE given the timing, e.g., today, in your particular case.

In theory, as soon as you received the approval email from CBP (not simply the CBP Officer at GE telling you that you are approved), your KTN ought to be "live" and useable in the KTN field in your PNR.

All you can really do is go back and make certain that your ticket is booked in exactly the same name as the name underlying your KTN. This means same middle initial, no extra spaces or punctuation.

If you can't get it to work, give it a try the next time before you worry that there is a problem.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Global Entry member, but TSA says I'm not - no TSAPre

Incredibly frustrating situation.

Am a Canadian Resident travelling on UK passport. Have been a Nexus member for years, and also enrolled in Global Entry (went to CBP office at ORD, theytook my 10 finger prints, enrolled me in GE).

PASSID and KTN is the same for all programs (Nexus, GE, Sentri). I Received TSAPre benefits with no problem for years up until September last year.

However, since renewing my Nexus membership in September last year, I've no longer received TSAPre benefits.

TSA investigated and say that I'm only a Nexus member and not a GE member and that's the issue and to contact CBP to fix. CBP says I absolutely 100% am a GE member, they verified my documents are correct, no issues, everything is active. I can see in the GOES system that it clearly shows I'm a GE member. CBP says TSA is full of crap and that the issue is their end.

TSA says I have to "fix" the issue with CBP. CBP says there's nothing to fix and I'm a full GE member and the issue is with TSA.

Efforts to resolve with TSA have been fruitless.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to escalate the issue with TSA. I've tried AskTSA twitter and they did an "investigation" and just came back and said I'm not a GE member and to go back to CBP (for a fourth time).

As an aside, AskTSA continually give incorrect information. They state that Nexus members have to pay a further $100 to be enrolled in Global Entry and that if I didn't pay another $100 on top of my Nexus renewal, then I am not a GE member. This completely conflicts with all the program information and CBP confirms I am 100% enrolled in GE.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:45 pm
Suspended

What makes you so sure that CBP is correct and that the failure is on the TSA side? Perhaps it is a failure to push the information on the CBP side of the house?

I say "house" because both are DHS agencies.

File a complaint with the Inspector General of DHS (online form), asserting waste (one of the three categories of clear jurisdiction. Ask that the Inspector General investigate the failure of TSA and CBP to coordinate the GE and Pre-Check issue.

Make your complaint short and to the point. 3 short sentences is as long as it ought to get. Forget who said what. Simply your KTN and the fact that CBP and TSA point the finger at each other and you have no way of obtaining an answer.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by Often1
What makes you so sure that CBP is correct and that the failure is on the TSA side? Perhaps it is a failure to push the information on the CBP side of the house?

I say "house" because both are DHS agencies.

File a complaint with the Inspector General of DHS (online form), asserting waste (one of the three categories of clear jurisdiction. Ask that the Inspector General investigate the failure of TSA and CBP to coordinate the GE and Pre-Check issue.

Make your complaint short and to the point. 3 short sentences is as long as it ought to get. Forget who said what. Simply your KTN and the fact that CBP and TSA point the finger at each other and you have no way of obtaining an answer.
Thanks for the tips, appreciated.

I guess what makes me so sure that CBP is correct is the fact that I can see this information myself in my GOES account (GE member, active) in addition to the responses from the 3 different CBP folks I've spoken with which confirm same.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:10 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by SamuelS
Incredibly frustrating situation.

Am a Canadian Resident travelling on UK passport. Have been a Nexus member for years, and also enrolled in Global Entry (went to CBP office at ORD, theytook my 10 finger prints, enrolled me in GE).

PASSID and KTN is the same for all programs (Nexus, GE, Sentri). I Received TSAPre benefits with no problem for years up until September last year.

However, since renewing my Nexus membership in September last year, I've no longer received TSAPre benefits.

<snip>
I've merged your question into an existing thread discussing similar situations. You may wish to peruse the earlier posts for possible solutions.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:20 pm

Is their a glitch with TSAPre - did not get TSAPre today

Today, in Las Vegas I went to the TSAPre as usual where I was told I have no TSAPre. When asking why not they tried to explain to me that I need to enter the number in my profile and similar suggestions. Of course that was no the issue as I travel on a regular basis and probably for 2-3 years on TSAPre with no issue so far. They also told me that it can happen that somebody get randomly excluded and that I should talk to airline. United was no help either. So, I figured that this was a random pick to be selected for regular screening.

However, when I sat in the airplane I checked my boarding pass one more time (on the app) and the TSAPre icon was back....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.