Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Doubt he'll do that again. One you go PreCheck you never want to go back.

Many airline frequent flyer program profiles allow members to store their KTN so it autopopulates into reservations so that's worth looking into.

Originally Posted by kathsj
Thanks for the response. Yes, he forgot to update KTN.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:43 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by kathsj
Thanks for the response. Yes, he forgot to update KTN.
Take a look here:
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
No Precheck on my boarding pass?!?

On my last flight, I walked up to the precheck line and showed my boarding pass. The agent started directing me to the normal security lanes. I started to argue with her, but then realized that I didn't have precheck listed on my BP. I booked the flight with my frequent flyer profile, which has my KTN, and has worked the last gazillion times I've flown, and my precheck is still good through early 2020. I emailed the airline about it, they said they updated the return flight, but the final decision lies with TSA.

Did I somehow end up on Santa's naughty list?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
While it is possible that you were randomly "deselected" - it does happen - the more likely explanations, presuming that you didn't just vacation in North Korea, are:

1. The KTN in your profile (you haven't told us what carrier) has been corrupted. Depending on the carrier, this may be as simple as deleting it, saving your profile, re-entering it and then saving the profile again. You may also need to call in and have this done manually.
2. If the name associated with your KTN is not exactly the same as the name on your profile, e.g. extra initial or space, that will sometimes result in a denial.

If this happens again, you have a problem soon, you have a problem. If it doesn't, it was a one-off.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
Well, not N Korea, but I have been flying to SFO a lot.....

Thanks for the response. It was Delta, and they said they "updated the ticket" for the return flight.. I'll have to check the name on the KTN.

We'll see what happens when I fly home. At least now I know to look at it, so I'll be prepared if I have to go through security with the unwashed masses!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:41 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

Hello @eric_o,

I merged your post into an existing thread discussing this subject.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:57 pm

I've been de-selected plenty of times (I was also on the no-fly <redacted> list for years (before pre-check)). It could be random. I was annoyed, but didn't take it personally.

I ran into a situation a couple of years ago where I had a tight connection and no pre-check at LAX. I just used SW miles to book a ticket and went through security with that making sure to cancel my SW ticket more than 10 minutes before the "alternate" flight. It worked fine and if I ever don't get pre-check in the future (other than on SW) I will do the same again.

Last edited by TWA884; Oct 8, 2018 at 9:18 am Reason: Policy debate, not trusted travelers question/advice/information
Old Nov 4, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Not on DL? No Precheck for you!

First time I've had to book a domestic flight on anything other than DL in at least 6 years (due to 2x fare, thread here). For the past almost 5 years of Global Entry/Precheck, have had 100% cleared Pre. Tomorrow's AA ATL-LAX flight... NO PRE! I even confirmed I had entered my TSA KTN into AA's system when purchasing ticket.

Almost had a DYKWIA moment when I saw the boarding pass.... "what? wait... don't you know I ALWAYS have Pre?" lol

Anyone else find that an "irregular" booking on another carrier kicked you out of Pre for the flight?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by EditingFX
First time I've had to book a domestic flight on anything other than DL in at least 6 years (due to 2x fare, thread here). For the past almost 5 years of Global Entry/Precheck, have had 100% cleared Pre. Tomorrow's AA ATL-LAX flight... NO PRE! I even confirmed I had entered my TSA KTN into AA's system when purchasing ticket.

Almost had a DYKWIA moment when I saw the boarding pass.... "what? wait... don't you know I ALWAYS have Pre?" lol

Anyone else find that an "irregular" booking on another carrier kicked you out of Pre for the flight?
I'm not elite on any airline, but I have had pre check on every single airline, which includes DL, AA, UA, WN, AS, HA, G4, and F9, since I signed up for pre check.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
No. I've never missed PreCheck on an eligible airline (which I have via GE) since I got GE in 2012 -- even when I don't have status on the airline in question.

Are you sure AA didn't just accidentally drop it from the reservation (as DL IT is prone to do -- and has happened when I book DL trips with my wife and they drop her KTN if I'm not paying attention)? You should be able to call up and have them check and if it's in there, add and remove it and it should show up.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by EditingFX

Never had any problem at all using PreCheck on any airline I've flown, whether I have status/account with them or not.

Regards
ijgordon likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:05 am

I'm betting your exact name in your AA profile isn't an exact match to your name in your TSA profile. Common issue on the Southwest forum
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Precheck is based on accurate Secure Flight Passenger Data contained in your reservation. Most likely, there is a typo causing the mismatch.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:53 am

I have no loyalty to any airline and always get Precheck on every boarding pass. A couple of times it didn't show up on my kid's pass and it was easily taken care of at the airline check in desk.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:54 am

Book a dummy DL ticket just before entering security and then use this boarding pass. Then cancel it once past security. Helps with SC access too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.