Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

GOES Website Glitches and Technical Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GOES Website Glitches and Technical Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:56 am

I was able to get to the login page yesterday and then to the "click here to show you're a human" where I was able to get past once on something like 15 attempts. However, I can't even reach the login page itself today
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott & SPG Platinum, Hertz Platinum, Avis PC, Sixt Diamond
Same problem here. Cannot get past the "you're human" page........

I'm waiting for conditional approval and this is probably delaying processing......
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Today, I was able to get to the login page, but when I went to sign in, instead of the checkbox to confirm I was human, got the following:

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

Originally Posted by EWEWR
I'm waiting for conditional approval and this is probably delaying processing......
While it is possible, I would find it pretty unlikely that the interface used to connect us to GOES is the same thing that is used on the backend to process applications.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Was working yesterday but problems today logging in.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2.3 MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, recovering UA Premier
Originally Posted by Mercurial Moose
I was able to get to the login page yesterday and then to the "click here to show you're a human" where I was able to get past once on something like 15 attempts. However, I can't even reach the login page itself today
I dropped in to the Global Entry enrollment center at DFW during a layover today to see if I could get my renewal done. The agent working at their "front desk" said that they were having massive computer problems and were unable to handle their normal appointment load, let alone drop-ins.

Given that this is large-organization IT, I didn't even bother to ask if there was an ETA on a fix...
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:16 pm

Was able to make it in to my application page. Probably took another 15 tries or so today
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:11 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Trying to renew and page timed out during payment screen. Now says payment initiated and no way to go back and actually enter details. Oh boy!
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott & SPG Platinum, Hertz Platinum, Avis PC, Sixt Diamond
Seems to be working again as of now.......
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:59 am

Still being glitchy for me. I'm sure it's a matter of timing to make it through, and if you just bang your head against the wall enough times, you'll eventually make it in
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:28 am

Was able to log in today without issue, so hopefully that means they've sorted themselves out
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by flyquiet
I was impressed to receive a notice of expiry in early June, ahead of the card expiry in November. It seems they're trying to do their part.

Unfortunately, when I tried to initiate the renewal, their website was down, and then I had a bunch of time on the road. Today I finally got back to it, and in the time I was doing the renewal, the website conked out on me 20 times. Each time, I had to click the "return to the last valid page" link and then click click click back to where I left off. Most unnerving was after clicking the "confirm and pay" button, it then crashed again, and when I restored, my status was "payment initiated" (but of course, I had not input any card information yet) and there was no link or option to re-enter the process. It considered it "done". However there was a note saying "check back in an hour", and sure enough, 90 minutes later, the status was "incomplete" or something to that effect, and I was able to hastily input the card info and hope to click through before crashing again. It seems to be in.

So, current status:
Expiry: at a known date in November 2017
Prompted by CBP to apply for renewal: June 2, 2017
Input and paid for renewal: July 3, 2017
Rest of saga, to be determined.
Just had my (initial!) application crash after I clicked "Make Payment". Status indeed says "Payment Initiated" but with no way to pay. There is no note at all... so I guess I just wait and pray?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:18 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by D404
Just had my (initial!) application crash after I clicked "Make Payment". Status indeed says "Payment Initiated" but with no way to pay. There is no note at all... so I guess I just wait and pray?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
Thanks, sorry for posting in the wrong thread; I just replied to the only mention of the error I could find on FT.

Hopefully mods can move it.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:27 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Thanks, sorry for posting in the wrong thread; I just replied to the only mention of the error I could find on FT.

Hopefully mods can move it.
Done.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:09 am

For any future people who stumble upon this via Google, or whatever, it indeed "fixed" itself after 60 minutes, and I was able to pay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.