Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

GOES Website Glitches and Technical Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GOES Website Glitches and Technical Issues

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 4:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mnbp
Did you try to submit the issue using the online suggestion from this web page? Looks like there's instructions saying to use help.cbp.gov and then "submit a problem / complaint" using the category Trusted Traveler. According to the site, CBP will respond to you directly if you submit a problem report using this method.
Yeah, but it says 3-5 business days. Hopefully I'll hear back before Saturday
Old May 4, 2017, 11:27 am

Response came in, and they confirmed the technical issues, and asked for SC number on the back of my card so they could activate it.

Way more efficient than the CA DMV

Edit: And activated!

I'm impressed

Last edited by canadiancow; May 4, 2017 at 1:38 pm
Old May 5, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: Aadvantage
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Response came in, and they confirmed the technical issues, and asked for SC number on the back of my card so they could activate it.

I'm impressed
Impressively helpful!

For me, not much they could do given it was a passport and not just activating a card but..

As of Friday evening, my account is back to normal. Was getting ready to schlep out to the airport tomorrow AM to have my passport updated but looks like that won't be needed
Old May 6, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow

I'm impressed
As of Saturday morning, it looks like all parts of the website are working again. Glad you got your card activated in the meantime, though!
Old May 6, 2017, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Nexpoman
As of Saturday morning, it looks like all parts of the website are working again. Glad you got your card activated in the meantime, though!
Yeah it looked like it was working yesterday (Friday), but I figured if they were willing to be super helpful, I wouldn't decline

I'm landing in YVR in a few minutes on a probably-missed connection, so I'm glad I can use NEXUS.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
GOES website - what is going on?

Unable to log on to website whole last week - constantly giving Network Reset error.

Anyone else having same issues?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by invisible
Unable to log on to website whole last week - constantly giving Network Reset error.

I updated passport information in GOES last Wednesday with no problems.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:00 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I just logged in successfully.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by seawolf
I just logged in successfully.
Seems there was some glitch. Moved to another computer/browser and after cleaning cache - worked.

Last edited by invisible; Jun 13, 2017 at 10:14 am
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Originally Posted by invisible

I have been having the same issues...
Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't...
I need to try a few times or try to log in later when it doesn't work.
Sometimes it even fails to load the GOES home page.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
It worked for me last week....this morning, I wasn't able to login and then when I eventually was, when I checked the 'robot' box, it wouldn't go to the next page.

I'm having the same issue now...so I'll try clearing cache and seeing what happens.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:03 am

this site is ....ing trash, keeps timing out (for global entry)

impossible to sign up at the moment, nothing works constant timeouts. and they are protecting our airports? .... them

for a system of this... the incompetence is massive.

how this could even be a released product is beyond me, impossible to connect, if you manage to you'll timeout moments later. this is a complete joke, i could write . a superior product.

Last edited by aGeist; Jun 14, 2017 at 1:38 am
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:30 am

I had my interview yesterday, and the officer said they were having computer problems today. Actually had to take my finger prints a few times because of their connection issues. My whole family was getting it (4 people). I've already received the emails stating that our GOES status has changed, but when I tried to log in last night from home, and this morning from work (using chrome and explorer from each computer) I can't log on. I get to the screen that wants me to confirm that I'm not a robot, and as soon as I check that box, it always errors out. I also just downloaded firefox at work and tried using that browser since others say to clear your cache, and that didn't work either.

Last edited by duffmankc; Jun 14, 2017 at 7:42 am
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:44 am

I've been trying since yesterday to log in to change my nexus interview and can't get past the "click here to prove you are human" page. It just times out. Tried multiple different computers/networks/browsers, etc.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:07 am

I'm getting all manner of errors, timeouts, etc. SOmetimes I can actually login, but get an error when trying to set up an interview.

The GOES site is total crap at the moment...I've also tried different browsers, computers and IPs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.