Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Traveling With Non PreCheck Companions/Family Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling With Non PreCheck Companions/Family Members

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder

About how old is your aunt?
Early 60s
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by liverpoolfc

Early 60s
Being in that age or older definitely helps to get Precheck, often times even without being a member of a TT program, and sometimes even without being on the same ticketed PNR as a passenger with a TT program number.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:31 am

Being in that age or older definitely helps to get Precheck, often times even without being a member of a TT program, and sometimes even without being on the same ticketed PNR as a passenger with a TT program number.
Interesting, thanks for that context!

By our next trip, we'll both be GE so would assume that as long as we're on a PreCheck-approved airline we'll both get it
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I started getting it when I turned 50.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:21 pm

Just did a trip with my mom who's not in any TT Program. I had just gotten Global Entry at the time. Same itinerary on UA - we both got Precheck. My sister who was on a separate confirmation number did not.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:23 am

My friend (in his 40s, so not on the basis of age) got PreCheck across 5 different PNRs where we were on the same PNR.

He did not get PreCheck on the final flight where we were on separate PNRs.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Family not given pre-check?

Is it a new thing that my wife and daughter don't have pre-check with me, all on the same itinerary? They did pre-2020, but just checked in to first trip in 21 months and they didn't get it.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Unless you formally have a KTN, there's no guarantee that you'll get pre-check on any trip (and technically, the TSA says that even with a KTN, you can still randomly not get pre-check on a boarding pass for a given trip, although this is infrequent).

Therefore, unfortunately, it's not something I would necessarily bank on for them receiving it going forward. Also, you probably realized this, but DL has nothing to do with whether or not you get pre-check, as long as your number is in the system - it's entirely a TSA thing.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 1:38 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I have noticed this year, traveling for work, people on my itinerary no longer get PreCheck if they don’t have a KTN. This may be a new TSA thing. I’m sure others will chime in.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:28 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
My son doesn't have a KTN and is over 12, but he got it with me our last trip together, so it does still happen.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by AntimonyER
My son doesn't have a KTN and is over 12, but he got it with me our last trip together, so it does still happen.
Interestingly enough, my 10 year old daughter got it with me on the return flight, but neither my wife nor my daughter got it with my on the outbound leg. My wife didn't get it on either leg.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 3:20 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Interestingly enough, my 10 year old daughter got it with me on the return flight, but neither my wife nor my daughter got it with my on the outbound leg. My wife didn't get it on either leg.
Children 12 and under travelling with an adult who has the PreCheck indicator on their boarding pass can use the PreCheck lanes even if they do not have the PreCheck indicator on their own boarding pass.

Please refer to the following thread:
Old Nov 17, 2021, 3:56 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It can help to enter your passport information in your airline frequent flyer profile depending on how things are transmitted.

Also, if you check in at a kiosk, it can help to check in with your passport, even if only traveling domestically.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
Children 12 and under travelling with an adult who has the PreCheck indicator on their boarding pass can use the PreCheck lanes even if they do not have the PreCheck indicator on their own boarding pass.

Please refer to the following thread:
Good to know, thanks!
Old May 3, 2022, 2:24 pm

TSA pre traveling with family

Folks - We are a family of 5 but one of the seniors in the family doesn't have Pre. Do you think the TSA line person will be lenient and let us use the line on this LGA-DFW flight or highly unlikely? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.