Search

PreCheck at ORD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by TWA884
PreCheck is only available to passengers of participating airlines:
I don't know it there are TSA PreCheck lanes in T5; however, you may want to first check if the airline that you are flying participates in the PreCheck program. The only foreign carriers currently participating in the program are Aeromexico, Air Canada and Etihad Airways.
WS participates.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:44 am

PreCheck is only available to passengers of participating airlines:I don't know it there are TSA PreCheck lanes in T5; however, you may want to first check if the airline that you are flying participates in the PreCheck program. The only foreign carriers currently participating in the program are Aeromexico, Air Canada and Etihad Airways.
Thank you. Yes, my airline (United) participates. I just wasn't sure if there was a Pre-Check lane at Terminal 5...
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:22 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Often1
WS participates.
Thank you. Correction made.

Originally Posted by tardevil
Thank you. Yes, my airline (United) participates. I just wasn't sure if there was a Pre-Check lane at Terminal 5...
AFAIK, United uses T5 at ORD for international arrivals only; all departures are from T1 and T2. Is your flight operated by a United partner, i.e., Lufthansa or ANA?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tardevil

AFAIK, United uses T5 at ORD for international arrivals only; all departures are from T1 and T2. Is your flight operated by a United partner, i.e., Lufthansa or ANA?
This is the critical thing for you, all UA INTL departures are from T1/2 where there is Pre-Check.
pudgym29 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Maybe this is the wrong forum but I'll give it a try. I just downloaded an App called My TSA after reading an article that says you no longer need your boarding pass at the TSA counter at many US airports. I looked up ORD and it says Tsa Pre Check NOT AVAILABLE. Is this just a fluke or is it not available at ORD these days. It's about 3 pm. Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
Maybe this is the wrong forum but I'll give it a try. I just downloaded an App called My TSA after reading an article that says you no longer need your boarding pass at the TSA counter at many US airports. I looked up ORD and it says Tsa Pre Check NOT AVAILABLE. Is this just a fluke or is it not available at ORD these days. It's about 3 pm. Thanks!
There was TSA PreCheck for Terminals 1/2/3 and for 5 also at the beginning of this month. I doubt they took it all away in the days since. But the hours aren’t the same across all the ORD screening checkpoints.

The TSA at ORD has some of those ID scanners that determine which passenger’s boarding pass has PreCheck and which passenger’s boarding pass doesn’t, and that’s such that boarding passes need not be shown in the way that used to be more commonly the case there than nowadays. In other words, they are increasingly fine with just scanning the ID without wanting to see the physical or mobile phone boarding passes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.