Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PreCheck at JFK

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2015, 9:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Anybody know the pre check hours at T8 on Sunday evening?

I know LGA closes at 7pm.
Old May 9, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
Originally Posted by amedad
I went through JFK T4 on 2/27 and noticed the Pre-TSA line and the Airline Elite line both merged in to the Pre-TSA baggage check (after boarding pass scan). Most in the line had no idea they were in the Pre-TSA line and were taking off shoes, laptops out, looking for bins, etc. This was not a random selection, everyone in the elite line went through PreTSA. Is the TSA clueless or are they doing this on purpose?
Yes and yes.
Old May 20, 2015, 5:42 am
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
JFK Terminal 4 - TSA PreCheck Lanes?

Recently came through JFK from AMS. After rechecking my luggage after customs clearance, I reprinted my BPs and noted I had PreCheck on them. Went to the TSA checkpoint on the same floor as the customs area, and found that only "PreCheck LITE" was available there.

Is there a full PreCheck lane at JFK Terminal 4?
Old May 20, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: Delta, United
It has been that way for a while, go upstairs to the main checkin area.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:54 pm

PreCheck at JFK

Can anyone confirm which terminals at JFK have PreCheck? I know international airlines don't participate, but I was curious to see if T1 had PreCheck for those booking codeshare flights via US airlines.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
No, they don't. You mean like booking on Delta and flying on Air France? They don't count that as a US airline I believe, even if you were flying out of T4 on KLM booked as Delta (for example). I went out of there on AF and I think it was booked as Delta, and no Übermenschen lane. And slow too (even in the "elite" lane). AND the clerk insisted on seeing my passport after I presented my driving license), I kept asking her why, she finally calls for a supervisor (who called somebody on his radio, why I have no idea) and then after a few minutes made the marks on my boarding pass and sent me on through.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
AND the clerk insisted on seeing my passport after I presented my driving license), I kept asking her why, she finally calls for a supervisor (who called somebody on his radio, why I have no idea) and then after a few minutes made the marks on my boarding pass and sent me on through.
Maybe that's partly the reason why line at T1 is so slow.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thesaints
Maybe that's partly the reason why line at T1 is so slow.
No, it wasn't people making waves that made the line slow - the clerks were just slow. I've flown a lot, I can tell.
Old May 3, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: US CP, UA 1P, MR Plt
T5 JFK Precheck - Jetblue JFK --> LAX 10:40pm

Does anyone know how late the TSA Precheck is open now in T5 for JFK? I am flying Jetblue from JFK to LAX at 10:40pm this Thursday and need to know if I will be able to move through security quickly or need to allocate more time. Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:18 am

TSA Precheck - JFK Terminal 7

I have an upcoming flight that is ticketed on AA (American Airlines) domestic arriving at JFK Terminal 8 with a transfer to IB (Iberia) out of Terminal 7 to MAD. With my ticket being fully issued by AA, will I still have my TSA Precheck designation on the JFK→MAD ticket, and if so, does anyone think that I would have any issues with accessing the Precheck lane at Terminal 7?

I have a little under a 2 hour window, and I know that AY (Finnair) participates in Precheck, has anyone ever had this situation happen when traveling outbound international from JFK Terminal 7?

Thank you in advance for any information or advice with regards to this question.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:12 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zsfisher79
I have an upcoming flight that is ticketed on AA (American Airlines) domestic arriving at JFK Terminal 8 with a transfer to IB (Iberia) out of Terminal 7 to MAD. With my ticket being fully issued by AA, will I still have my TSA Precheck designation on the JFK→MAD ticket, and if so, does anyone think that I would have any issues with accessing the Precheck lane at Terminal 7?

I have a little under a 2 hour window, and I know that AY (Finnair) participates in Precheck, has anyone ever had this situation happen when traveling outbound international from JFK Terminal 7?

Thank you in advance for any information or advice with regards to this question.
You will not get Pre✓ on JFK-MAD unless Iberia participates.
Terminal 7 does not offer Pre✓.
Finnair departs Terminal 8 not 7.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:20 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by seawolf
You will not get Pre✓ on JFK-MAD unless Iberia participates.
Iberia is not a TSA Pre✓ participating airline.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by KDS
Recently came through JFK from AMS. After rechecking my luggage after customs clearance, I reprinted my BPs and noted I had PreCheck on them. Went to the TSA checkpoint on the same floor as the customs area, and found that only "PreCheck LITE" was available there.

Is there a full PreCheck lane at JFK Terminal 4?
What is Pre-Check Lite?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:58 pm
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by kilarney
What is Pre-Check Lite?
It's the term used for a checkpoint that allows people with PreCheck to keep their shoes on and walk through the WTMD instead of the scanner. However, you stil have to remove liquids, laptops, etc. from your carry-on bags. The term is used to indicate that there is not "full" PreCheck at the checkpoint ("full" PreCheck means you can keep the liquids, etc. in your bags).
Old Feb 16, 2018, 6:31 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by kilarney
What is Pre-Check Lite?
We have a thread discussing that topic:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.