Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Application Countries Visited [consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Application Countries Visited [consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
So I screwed up and forgot to put 3 countries on my renewal application which is conditionally approved (Vatican City, Seychelles, and Germany). Should I mention this in my interview? Or not bother? I'd like to be honest and tell the truth, but I worry that might mean I get declined because I didn't offer correct info on my renewal application. Am I overthinking things?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by merice107107
So I screwed up and forgot to put 3 countries on my renewal application which is conditionally approved (Vatican City, Seychelles, and Germany). Should I mention this in my interview? Or not bother? I'd like to be honest and tell the truth, but I worry that might mean I get declined because I didn't offer correct info on my renewal application. Am I overthinking things?
Mention your omissions at your interview. Absolutely no big deal, but do mention the omissions.
merice107107 and 747FC like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
The definition of 'visit' is also vague. Should I have put France and Belgium down when I travelled through them to Amsterdam on the Eurostar and Thalys. France was a mere pass through but I had to get off the train in Belgium to change trains for the grand total of an hour. Does that count as a visit?

I made a decision not to list them as to me hadn't visited them. It would be different if I had been to a country less than friendly to the US for example.
From the TTP FAQ (https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/faq?lang=en):
I was on a cruise, and we stopped at the port but did not go through customs. Do I need to list that country?
You should include all countries visited other than Canada or Mexico.
Still not the clearest of answers, but it appears they want every country you've physically been in, regardless of entry status.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Originally Posted by glbltvlr
From the TTP FAQ (https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/faq?lang=en):

Still not the clearest of answers, but it appears they want every country you've physically been in, regardless of entry status.
That's good to know. I just always assumed that if I had a stamp in my passport, i should include it. I technically entered Germany on a layover simply to use the first class terminal I figured it should be included since i had the stamp. Good info here!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is for Renewal.

What if you are dual nationality and often use non US Passport to travel among countries where the stamps are still used (so to save the precious pages on the US passport), as well as countries US passport needs Visa while the other nationality passport does not?

How do you list the countries visited?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Happy
This is for Renewal.

What if you are dual nationality and often use non US Passport to travel among countries where the stamps are still used (so to save the precious pages on the US passport), as well as countries US passport needs Visa while the other nationality passport does not?

How do you list the countries visited?
I would simply honestly answer the question that is asked. What countries have YOU visited (not what countries your passport has visited).
TWA884 and 747FC like this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp
I would simply honestly answer the question that is asked. What countries have YOU visited (not what countries your passport has visited).
Yup. I often travel on a UN Laissez Passer, but still listed all the countries (and one of the countries that the US guy asked me about (Kenya) was only on my UNLP (well, only on the UNLP within the relevant time period)).

I also included countries where no passport was shown at all (e.g. when traveling from one Schengen country to another).
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:15 am

Global Entry Renewal - British Virgin Islands

In my Countries Visited section, I can't find British Virgin Islands. Do you list UK because it is their territory? I've never been to the UK but I went to the British Virgin Islands on a cruise so it seems wrong to put UK when I was not near there. I know they were very particular at my initial interview so I don't want to have a problem at my renewal interview.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:54 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Welcome to FlyerTalk @icequeen91!

I merged your question into the relevant thread.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
My wife is re-applying and we travelled to the British Virgin Islands in the last 5 years. She didn't see BVI in the list so she put the UK which is technically correct. Not sure if others have seen BVI as a separate entry on the TTP form?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by redadeco
When I read suspect I was expecting Somalia or Syria. Wondering how do you define suspect..

I had North Korea on my application and didn't get questioned over it.

Chill.
I was thinking about going on a tour to Syria or Yemen, I wonder if that would effect a global entry renewal? I know SSS, the big X, renewal interview and FBI tail, but more worried about full revocation and having to stand in a long line every time I return.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
I accidentally left off Germany and the officer doing my interview last week never brought it up, but I did disclose it AFTER he told me I’d be getting my card in about 10 days. So either he didn’t care or Germany wasn’t on his list.

I’m pretty sure I entered Germany before walking to the Lufthansa FCT.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by mh3265a
My wife is re-applying and we travelled to the British Virgin Islands in the last 5 years. She didn't see BVI in the list so she put the UK which is technically correct. Not sure if others have seen BVI as a separate entry on the TTP form?
I am doing mine now and don't see it. Interestingly, my spouse renewed a few months ago and said there was Netherland Antilles but not Bonaire and Curacao, and now there is both NA and Bonaire and Curacao. Martinique is also there even though it is part of France.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Homer15
I am doing mine now and don't see it. Interestingly, my spouse renewed a few months ago and said there was Netherland Antilles but not Bonaire and Curacao, and now there is both NA and Bonaire and Curacao. Martinique is also there even though it is part of France.
My wife had her re-application approved. So when going to BVI choosing UK works and i'd assume the same with other territories and possessions.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:12 pm

Forgot 2 Countries Visited on My Global Entry Renewal--Am I Screwed??

Just submitted my Global Entry renewal application and realized I missed 2 countries visited. Will that cause me to be forced to do another Interview? Or maybe even be denied??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.