Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Application Countries Visited [consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Application Countries Visited [consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2011, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ari
At your interview, they will give you the chance to update or amend any application information before your fingerprints are submitted for final program approval.
Perfect, thanks. I assumed that this would be the case but it's good to get some confirmation.

I too was conditionally approved, and as you can tell the countries I excluded aren't exactly hotbeds of... well, anything, so hopefully no problems...
Old Dec 17, 2011, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SectionChief
For super frequent global travelers, it not always easy to remember where you've been, or to be able to read all the stamps in your passport, or to fit all the countries you've visited on the 2-4 lines provided on most visa/entry/immigration forms.
Yeah--that happened to my parents a couple of times on the customs form returning to the US. Two long trips that hit a couple of dozen countries each. My father decided to list continents and let them ask.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Those who are advising you it does not matter, are wrong. You need to disclose this at your interview.
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I forgot to put Canada on the list when I signed up.
They didn't care, and I have GE & NEXUS.
Originally Posted by crimson12
Good to know they don't care, though GE does ask you to list places you've been other than the US, Canada or Mexico...

I left off UK, Portugal, St. Lucia, and Germany. Yeah, I don't know how I forgot four different trips, either.
in my case I was asked why I failed to list Canada and Mexico. The officer accepted my explanation that that the GE web site excluded Canada and Mexico. So yes, they do care.
Xyzzy likes this.

Last edited by mre5765; Dec 18, 2011 at 4:39 am
Old Dec 20, 2011, 3:42 pm

Does anyone have experience with scheduling the interview? unfortunately, I can't do the interview within the 30days, but can do it any time after the 30days.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 4:31 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
just book within 30 days

then change to a future date you can get to. that's what we did.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by squeakr
then change to a future date you can get to. that's what we did.
I thought the email stated you had to schedule within 30 days..I didn't know future dates were possible. thanks!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 5:15 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by overgrownegyptian
I thought the email stated you had to schedule within 30 days..I didn't know future dates were possible. thanks!
The only thing they require is that you perform the scheduling within 30-days of conditional approval. You can create that appointment for a day much farther than 30 days in the future.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by 14940674
The only thing they require is that you perform the scheduling within 30-days of conditional approval. You can create that appointment for a day much farther than 30 days in the future.
oh perfect!! thank you so much!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Easy Victor
I did just the opposite- I put in more countries than I actually traveled in the last 5 years. Didn't seem to be an issue either.
I did the same because I was unsure whether my travel had been within the last five years or not. I briefly explained this at the interview when they asked me about my list of countries. It was not a problem, although I had tried to look through my passport and FF records when filling out the application to be sure that I had not missed any countries I had visited. I suspect that omissions are more serious, especially if they could be interpreted as concealing suspicious patterns, but many VFFs do not have accurate records by date of every country they have visited.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 7:25 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by overgrownegyptian
You have to schedule the interview (reserve your interview time slot) within 30 days of the conditional approval, however the time slot you reserve for your interview doesn't have to be within 30 days of the conditional approval.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 8:55 pm

thank you so much, appreciate it!!
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold
I left a country off my list and was still conditionally approved.

How intense is the interview process? Will they go through all your stamps and look for gaps?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by bioyuki
I left a country off my list and was still conditionally approved.

How intense is the interview process? Will they go through all your stamps and look for gaps?
For me, it wasn't intense at all. The officer was very chatty, and I was quite comfortable throughout the process. He flipped through my passport quickly, but I assume they partner with other countries and that they have most of the entry data online.

I think you'll be fine with the missing data, but I would tell the officer about it when you first start the interview.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by igopogo
For me, it wasn't intense at all. The officer was very chatty, and I was quite comfortable throughout the process. He flipped through my passport quickly, but I assume they partner with other countries and that they have most of the entry data online.

I think you'll be fine with the missing data, but I would tell the officer about it when you first start the interview.
Yes. I would mention it upfront as well. I had 0 countries, and the officer asked me if I had not included any, including Canada or Mexico. Not very intense at all, doesn't seem like they're trying to play "Gotcha!" with you.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by SectionChief
For super frequent global travelers, it not always easy to remember where you've been, or to be able to read all the stamps in your passport, or to fit all the countries you've visited on the 2-4 lines provided on most visa/entry/immigration forms.
I agree. Most of the time when I fill in those forms, I end up having to use the two/three letter code in order to fit them all in the space provided.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.