Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Application Countries Visited [consolidated thread]

Global Entry Application Countries Visited [consolidated thread]

Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
FWIW, I'd left out one when I'd applied, and wasn't asked about it. I'd imagine (totally speculating, of course) that they're probably trying to see if you're trying to hide visits to "problem" countries (which is really more of an "IQ test", as I'm sure they already know).
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
FWIW, I'd left out one when I'd applied, and wasn't asked about it. I'd imagine (totally speculating, of course) that they're probably trying to see if you're trying to hide visits to "problem" countries (which is really more of an "IQ test", as I'm sure they already know).
I had two missing as well - as long as you tell them during the interview (or at the very least, answer correctly if they ask "do you have any information to add or change?"), it should be fine.
cheltzel likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
I remember during my initial interview I mentioned I wasnt sure Id captured all the countries I have visited. Back then wed been cruising a lot in the Caribbean and the islands down there are a mix of independent countries and territories/protectorates of other countries. The CBP agent was okay with that and said he could tell by the list wed cruised extensively. Now more recently weve cruised and visited countries like Egypt, Jordan, Oman, and UAE and I think leaving one of those off could be an issue.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
KICKING myself for not replying before my birthday earlier in the week.

Question for everyone, how in the heck have you all identified all the countries you've visited in the last 5 Years? Particularly when you travel a lot in Europe in the Schengen countries...passport is not accurate in these situations. and I don't want to be delayed if my data is not right.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by navi_jen

Question for everyone, how in the heck have you all identified all the countries you've visited in the last 5 Years? Particularly when you travel a lot in Europe in the Schengen countries...passport is not accurate in these situations. and I don't want to be delayed if my data is not right.
I have an email folder for each trip which contains itineraries, receipts etc.. Came in handy not only for my GE renewal but for my Pakistan Visa app.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life

I save the application and think about it for a couple days.
Incidentally I missed a single trip to Ireland on my SF-85P (sensitive) application. It came back to haunt me. Being honest was fine - it was an honest mistake - but these folks are wound tighter than a drum.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO

Try ten years. There's no point in trying to figure it out from my passport. I've read that Russia requires ten years for a visa.

If you figure out an easy way to retroactively come up with this information, please share with the forum!
Old Aug 31, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by chollie
Try ten years. There's no point in trying to figure it out from my passport. I've read that Russia requires ten years for a visa.

If you figure out an easy way to retroactively come up with this information, please share with the forum!
Chollie, I fly almost exclusively DL, so I used their global map function. That, plus several glances thru the country list did it for me.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: GE
Re: remembering everywhere you visited
If you are abroad and traveling between other countries, and there are no visas or stamps in your passport, I wouldn't worry too much. For example, let's say you flew to Paris, then took a train to Amsterdam, a train to Munich, then another train to Vienna and then you flew back to the US from Vienna. So there's not really a record of your travel between the countries, since no one stamps passports anymore if you're not arriving into an airport. You will have to remember that you traveled to France and Austria, but the land-based stuff in between not so much. I forgot to put Spain on my daughter's GE renewal (we flew into UK and left from Spain), and that didn't even matter. She got her new card a week later.

I'm on Day 80 "Pending Review"
expiry 11/19
husband & daughter both got GE within 2 weeks/no interview
Old Aug 31, 2019, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very pleased to report -

Expiration in late Sept.
Renewal Application submitted on 08.26.19
Notification email arrived on 08.31.19.
(It turns out is an Approval Letter, from MIA CBP office).

Of note - Applicant is a retired senior, reported visited countries are more than a doz, already skipping 6 or more countries - it resulted to time out by the site and had to re-log in to continue. Pleasantly surprised the site picked up from where it timed out. Whew.

BTW, the listed countries by and large, are visited with another nationality passports, I would say ONLY Japan and Canada would have any trace to the US passport i.e. NO TRACE of travel related to the US passports for the remaining countries at all, incl the countries such as Australia and other countries that US passports required either ETA or Visa on Arrival. But since the question is for where the applicant has been, NOT where the applicant's US passport has been, so we thought we would try to be truthful, but got tired of picking the countries from the list - it gets too long....

Therefore, I imagine a ton of countries listed might actually enhance your chance - because that means you do NEED the GE benefits because you travel aboard so frequently. Just a LOL guess.

Last edited by Happy; Aug 31, 2019 at 9:49 am
Old Aug 31, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by leavedacannoli
Re: remembering everywhere you visited
If you are abroad and traveling between other countries, and there are no visas or stamps in your passport, I wouldn't worry too much. For example, let's say you flew to Paris, then took a train to Amsterdam, a train to Munich, then another train to Vienna and then you flew back to the US from Vienna. So there's not really a record of your travel between the countries, since no one stamps passports anymore if you're not arriving into an airport. You will have to remember that you traveled to France and Austria, but the land-based stuff in between not so much. I forgot to put Spain on my daughter's GE renewal (we flew into UK and left from Spain), and that didn't even matter. She got her new card a week later.

I'm on Day 80 "Pending Review"
expiry 11/19
husband & daughter both got GE within 2 weeks/no interview
Agreed that travel, particularly land travel, around Europe can be problematic in terms of reporting what countries youve visited. We both land traveled and cruised in Europe. The land travel pretty much has an entry stamp at the arrival airport and an exit stamp at the departure airport. Cruise travel is a bit different and a mixed bag. Still have the airport entry and exit stamps but occasionally get cruise port entry/exit stamps. Very hit or miss and incomplete. Luckily we maintain our own travel website and Mrs K always puts our itineraries on it.

As for GE renewal were both at 98 days pending review. Based on recent posts Im guessing we still have a minimum of two to three weeks before approval or conditional approval and require interviews.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 4:54 am

Applied yesterday. LPR here. Completely forgot to mention my home country on the list of countries I visited in the last 5 years. Didn't even cross my mind, I thought it was evident I visited.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by eef13
Applied yesterday. LPR here. Completely forgot to mention my home country on the list of countries I visited in the last 5 years. Didn't even cross my mind, I thought it was evident I visited.
I don;t think it will be an issue. Just make sure you mention it first thing at your interview.
eef13 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:24 am

I have a question, I am about to apply for global entry, Along with the countries you need to list you have visited in the last 5 years, do you have to include dates?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by lele100
I have a question, I am about to apply for global entry, Along with the countries you need to list you have visited in the last 5 years, do you have to include dates?
No
lele100 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.