Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

German Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

German Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:31 pm

Just a data point and heads up for foreign nationals, my partner is a German national and applied to renew his GE on 26 September, it's been pending for longer everyone else on this thread.

Today, I had a look at Vielfliegertreff, and it looks like re-registration is required at the Bundespolizei before it will be processed:

https://www.vielfliegertreff.de/hot-...ml#post2751460

Last edited by radioactive; Dec 6, 2018 at 11:36 am
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:34 am

10/18 Federal Police
10/19 Applied

today still pending....
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:43 pm

50+ days don't seem to be uncommon - applied in Oct, waiting for 59 days for now. German national, lots of international travel, clean history
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:48 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Hello @muellionl,

Since application procedures and processing times for non US citizens who live abroad are different than those of US citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents, I moved your post to the relevant thread.

TWA884

Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:41 pm

New passport - new GE abroad verification?

Hello,
I'm a GE member and am living in the US with on a work visa. When I originally applied for GE, the very first step I had to do was getting verified by the police in my home country (Germany). Essentially they submit something to the US authorities to confirm I'm legit, and only then I could go through the GE process.
Now my passport expired, so I got a new one, along with a new visa stamp. I'm also currently in Germany, so I'm wondering if I have to go through this process again because of the new passport and visa.

I know from the officer during my interview that if my passport or visa changes, I will have to visit the GE office to get my data updated, but my question is if before that I again have to visit the police in Germany again. If so, now would be very convenient since that's where I currently am.

Does anyone have experience in a similar situation?

Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
You just need to go into the Trusted Traveller and change the passport details, you should be able to get to it here: https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:05 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Moderator's Action

Originally Posted by matt85
Hello,
I'm a GE member and am living in the US with on a work visa. When I originally applied for GE, the very first step I had to do was getting verified by the police in my home country (Germany). Essentially they submit something to the US authorities to confirm I'm legit, and only then I could go through the GE process.
Now my passport expired, so I got a new one, along with a new visa stamp. I'm also currently in Germany, so I'm wondering if I have to go through this process again because of the new passport and visa.

I know from the officer during my interview that if my passport or visa changes, I will have to visit the GE office to get my data updated, but my question is if before that I again have to visit the police in Germany again. If so, now would be very convenient since that's where I currently am.

Does anyone have experience in a similar situation?

Thanks!
Helo @matt85,

I merged your question into the thread discussing Global Entry for citizens of Germany.

TWA884
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:56 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You only need to go for verification again when the GE is up for renewal after 5 years. The bundespolizei officer will transmit the data again to the CBP.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:28 am

I am a German Citizen living in Canada,

applied (and paid) for Global Entry on August 8th and am still waiting in the status of "pending review".
is there any way to speed things up a bit? 190 days seems a bit long - even for a foreign applicant.

Cheers
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:47 am

Exclamation Moderator's Action

Hello @talesin,

Since application procedures and processing times for non US citizens who live outside the USA are different than those of US citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents, I moved your post to the relevant thread.

TWA884

Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by talesin
I am a German Citizen living in Canada,

applied (and paid) for Global Entry on August 8th and am still waiting in the status of "pending review".
is there any way to speed things up a bit? 190 days seems a bit long - even for a foreign applicant.

Cheers
All Germans need to get the Bundespolizei to send the CBP a data file.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
All Germans need to get the Bundespolizei to send the CBP a data file.
That was my understanding as well - but when I asked here in Canada at the german embassy, I was told that as I am not living in Germany a clearing by the German Bundespolizei would not be possible
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:45 am

Thats BS. You have to go to the BuPo next time you are in Germany and get it done. Unless the CBP gets a message from the BuPo they will not process your application.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: LH
German citizen with GE since 2013. Applied for renewal 10 months before expiry end of January during the govt shutdown. To this date (nearly 6 months later) still showing "pending review". Is there any way to follow up?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: LH
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You only need to go for verification again when the GE is up for renewal after 5 years. The bundespolizei officer will transmit the data again to the CBP.
Thanks Oliver. I wasn't aware of the fact that a renewal also requires another trip to the Bundespolizei and without Flyertalk I would have just waited and waited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.