Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

German Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

German Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:58 am

Foreign national checking in: I applied to Global Entry last year in April.

Still being reviewed.

What a joke.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:09 am

German citizen here, I have applied for GE in August 2019, just got conditionally approved a few days after rechecking with BuPo.

Apparently there are now two interfaces to send the information to the US: The "old" one where they just check your passport and enter it (which you are supposed to do prior to applying) and the "new" one where they also have to add your PASSID (obviously only useful after applying if you don't already have one). When I visited the BuPo office on Saturday, they checked that the "old" data was still in the system but also put in the data into the new system.

I don't know if that made any difference, but being conditionally approved just two working days after having put my data into the "new" system doesn't feel like a coincidence. In case anyone is still waiting for their conditional approval, try to have the BuPo send the data using the "new" interface along with your PASSID and see if that makes any difference. Love to hear your results.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by CleanAir
German citizen here, I have applied for GE in August 2019, just got conditionally approved a few days after rechecking with BuPo.

Apparently there are now two interfaces to send the information to the US: The "old" one where they just check your passport and enter it (which you are supposed to do prior to applying) and the "new" one where they also have to add your PASSID (obviously only useful after applying if you don't already have one). When I visited the BuPo office on Saturday, they checked that the "old" data was still in the system but also put in the data into the new system.

I don't know if that made any difference, but being conditionally approved just two working days after having put my data into the "new" system doesn't feel like a coincidence. In case anyone is still waiting for their conditional approval, try to have the BuPo send the data using the "new" interface along with your PASSID and see if that makes any difference. Love to hear your results.
After reading your post I checked back with BuPo and asked that they enter my data in the second system that you had described. The official though was unaware of a second system and went forward merely re-entering my personal information in what he believed was the 'right' system.
Still, I haven't heard back from GE/Homeland Security since I lodged my application in April last year...
Old Mar 8, 2021, 2:16 pm

Global Entry as German citizen

Hi,

moved to the US on a L1B visa, residing in NYC. Applied for GE Aug 2019 and was kicked out beginning of 2020 when all NYC applications were thrown out. Re-applied in Oct 2020. Still not conditionally approved.

The first time I applied, I went to the German Federal Police (Bundespolizei) and got the background check process started (gave them my PASSID). I did not do that again for the second application as I did/could not travel to Germany due to Covid. I called DHS and they told me they are waiting on their German counterpart but I don't know why that would be the case.
Anyone else who went through a similar process and knows more?
Old Mar 8, 2021, 11:25 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You have to get the BuPo clearance each time you renew. So I suppose they can't use the first BuPo clearance you had because they started from scratch.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 8:02 am

Quick update from my end. I reached out to the BuPo (Frankfurt Airport where I went the first time back in 2019, phone number can be found on the Frankfurt Airport website), sent them my PASSID, Passport and the date I showed up again and asked to check what was going on. I didn't get a response from them but my status changed to conditionally approved the day after. My interview is now scheduled for end of March. So in total it took around 160 days the second time around.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 7:43 pm

I applied on Sep 3 2019 for Global Entry and the dashboard still says "waiting for conditional approval"
I am a German national, not sure if that makes a difference.
Is there anything I can do? This whole process is ridiculous.
Thank you
Old Mar 30, 2021, 9:18 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by WillGlas
I applied on Sep 3 2019 for Global Entry and the dashboard still says "waiting for conditional approval"
I am a German national, not sure if that makes a difference.
Is there anything I can do? This whole process is ridiculous.
Thank you
Are you a US Lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card holder)? If not, you need to undergo a background check with the Bundespolizei.

Please refer to the following thread:
Old Jul 10, 2021, 3:44 pm

I applied in Sep 2019 as German applicant and was only able to get confirmed by the German federal police two weeks ago. I only realized that I had to do that after a helpful post here.
It still says waiting for conditional approval though. Is my case still going to get processed after this long time? I am concerned that the case just slips through and I'll never find out.
I'm am contemplating doing the whole application again hoping that it will process sooner.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 3:33 am

Global Entry Renewal for German Citizen?

Hi all,

My GE will expire in Feb 22, so I like to renew now to be in good time for getting it approved by then. The one thing (besides "do I need to do another interview, which can clearly be answered with 'Well, maybe....'") I'm not clear about.... do I have to do the Pre-Check/background check with the Bundespolizei (German Federal Police) again before applying for the renewal? The GE website doesn't say anything about it... at least nothing I could find.

Thanks!
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:43 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello fassy,

I merged your question into the relevant thread.

According to oliver2002, who is quite experienced and knowledgeable in these matters, you have to get the BuPo clearance each time that you renew.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Aug 25, 2021, 12:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Yes, BuPo input is required for the renewal. It seems the BuPo now needs your PASSID/KTN to send the message to the CBP. So have it handy when you show up in their office.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 7:49 am

Thanks! Well, that is.... inconvenient. Means I have to schedule a layover in Germany long enough to drop by BuPo. Last time I did it in MUC and almost missed my connection since the guys there were.... let's say... not in a hurry. Probably there is no way they could do the check remote or via mail. Maybe I give them a call.

Question is, will I keep my KTN even if the GE/Trusted Traveler expires, i.e. I don't manage in time to renew?
Old Aug 25, 2021, 7:59 am

Yes, the KTN remains the same. If you renew at a later date, the renewal will still count from Feb 22. Finding some time to come to one of the 6 BuPo offices in the next 6 months should be possible? https://www.easypass.de/EasyPass/EN/...pass_node.html
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
If you renew at a later date, the renewal will still count from Feb 22.
There are plenty of datapoints in the Global Entry Renewal thread that when the renewal application is submitted after the original expiration date, the new expiration date will be five years from the first birthday following the final approval of the renewal application; in some cases that has been close to six years from the final approval date. Of course, there will be a lapse of receiving Trusted Travelers benefits between the original expiration date and the final renewal, and there is no knowing of how long it will take to process the renewal application.

When renewal applications are submitted to the CBP before the original expiration date, the deadline to complete the enrollment interview has been extended to two years from the date of the conditional approval and the CBP does extend the Trusted Traveler Program benefits of members who applied for renewal before their current membership expired pending the final approval of their renewal application. A significant number of renewal applications are approved without the need for an interview, that is true for applications which were submitted both before and after the original expiration date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.