Wiki Posts
Search

Pre Check Southwest

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2015, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: SWA, HHONORS, AA
Pre Check Southwest

Just got my KTN and applied it to my SW profile. When I checked in for my flight tomorrow am I did not get the pre check logo on my BP. I noticed that my middle name isn't in my SW profile and I am thinking that mat be the issue. Is this something that they can fix at the counter or do I have to write a name change letter to SW?

Thanks
Old Jun 14, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I don't fly SW so not sure how their online profile system work but if you have access to the secure flight info see if you can add your middle name to that and then have them reverse your checking in and repeat.

If you don't want to or can't access the secure flight info section go to the counter and explain what you want to do and have them recheck you in. Then you may get PreCheck.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 4:13 pm

When you book your ticket make sure you use the exact same name you registered with to get your KTN. No abbreviations or nicknames. If you registered with middle name then use middle name, if you didn't then don't use it when you book flight.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 4:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Common problem. The name in your profile must match the name associated with the KTN, letter for letter and character for character. All it takes is an extra space and you are bounced out.

I would call WN now as there is no guarantee that a counter agent will do this for you (it takes time) and no guarantee that Pre-Check will come through instantly (although in my experience, buying a ticket at the last minute at the counter, I've received Pre-Check instantly.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The only way to get your name changed (such as adding a middle name to match a KTN) in your SouthWest profile is to send a paper letter. There are exact instructions on the Southwest website.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:49 pm

The Southwest phone agent was willing to change the name in my Southwest profile to make precheck work about a year and a half ago. Perhaps things have changed since then, but it is worth trying by phone.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:09 am

Did changes over the phone this morning for my nephew and niece. They were both missing middle names. Had them also add KTN to their tickets. Pre-Check showed up on pass after the update.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP
I stand corrected. Apparently SW changed their policy about profile updates over the phone at some point after I made my changes. The website now directs you to call, instead of sending in a paper letter. Glad they did that.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Pt, CBP Global Entry
Also check your birthdate. I had the wrong date on my reservation and the precheck designation didn't show up on the BP.

I never put my middle name on WN tickets but still receive precheck but GE profile does have a middle name on it.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:08 pm

If you make a booking before adding KTN, check to make sure the correct number is in the profile. I had a strange error after I got GE where the number was added with an additional incorrect digit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.