Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA to Cut Back on PreCheck Access for Non-Enrolled Flyers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA to Cut Back on PreCheck Access for Non-Enrolled Flyers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Randyk47
...Other than the fussing, and we'd probably see it here, maybe they ought to cut off the non-enrolled completely.
...or maybe they ought to end PreCheck and make the security experience faster, simpler, and more dignified for everybody?

Maybe a simpler process would even help TSA be more than 5% effective at its job.
Old May 3, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
TSA Pre Discontinued for elites

Forgive me if this has been posted previously- but it looks like starting May 6th 2017, TSA will be discontinuing the free TSA pre program.

"Efforts to further enhance risk-based screening." (There's the enhanced word! )

"TSA strongly recommends that travelers who make at least three round trips per year enroll in a DHS Trusted Traveler Program."

Oh well it was fun while it lasted, but the lines have been insane lately.
Old May 3, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium/LT Gold
Fun while it lasted yes, but it boggles my mind why any frequent flier of any stripe wouldn't spend $17 a year for the official TSA Pre. Even at the TSA's super low three-round-trip suggestion, that's $2.83 per security interaction.

If this reduces the amount of people taking off their shoes and getting caught with water bottles in pre, I'm all for it.
Old May 3, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
So if we got 'gifted' a membership by United, we'll have to pay a yearly fee now. I'm not questioning the fee, just how we'll know we need to pay it and how to pay it. I don't want to lose it and have to re-sign up.

Does it matter if the have GE?
Old May 3, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by PushingTin
So if we got 'gifted' a membership by United, we'll have to pay a yearly fee now. I'm not questioning the fee, just how we'll know we need to pay it and how to pay it. I don't want to lose it and have to re-sign up.

Does it matter if the have GE?
if you have global entry you will have TSA pre
Old May 3, 2017, 10:06 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As this is not specific to United but has been a well publicized change affecting all airlines, please follow as the thread moves to FT's Trusted Traveler forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, United forum.
Old May 4, 2017, 3:24 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UAL4life
Forgive me if this has been posted previously- but it looks like starting May 6th 2017, TSA will be discontinuing the free TSA pre program.

"Efforts to further enhance risk-based screening." (There's the enhanced word! )

"TSA strongly recommends that travelers who make at least three round trips per year enroll in a DHS Trusted Traveler Program."

Oh well it was fun while it lasted, but the lines have been insane lately.
Where are those quotes from?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.